Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Communicating Better
at this point just nuke everything like fallout, fuck it
(04-25-2024, 06:23 PM)PandaInPants Wrote: I didn't make you out to be a harasser, I simply commented my opinion of you based on my interactions with you from at the time months ago. "-1 most interactions ive had with you are unpleasant and you make sexist comments often, In another discord server I hung out in for a bit you would join the chat and say a lot of stuff that was specifically to make people in there uncomfortable and made lots of sexist comments claiming they were jokes or you were just drunk. These interactions made me dislike you and not want you around community members in general." Nothing I said was dishonest as you said "I do not make those kinds of comments or jokes anymore, as I realized that was something that was unacceptable behavior" and that you and the person you were upset with to start the comments had made up. As you said it had been 9 months so maybe you had changed so I did not push the issue further.  I feel that if I have witnessed actions that I heavily disagree with I can add that opinion to a thread about letting you engage with the community. The response you gave was that you only chose to be a nuisance and be offensive due to a disagreement with someone else, yet you would still say these things when that person was not around and make uncomfortable remarks. I figured that if you were to do that then I did not trust you to have calm judgment in a community with a lot more people who you would disagree with more. I never tore into you I just stated what information I had on you. I dislike you and could say many rude things to get my point across, but I am IMO quite civil and choose to instead interact very little with people I have chosen to dislike. Also to be honest the opinions of people who knew you before your ban still let me know that you had not changed much.

After revisiting the thread, I'd like to say that I definitely didn't remember that correctly, and that's on me for blowing it out of proportion like that.

In reference to last comment: As you had said previously, the old players that were frustrated need to leave this place alone instead of festering flames. There was a time where I did genuinely care, but that's been long gone and I am only here to temporarily reduce my boredom at other's expense. 

Considering I don't play GMOD anymore and am not involved in the discord, I'll take heed to your advice. I'm not doing this place any favors by being here and causing issues for my own amusement; I appreciate you communicating honestly and practicing what you preach. There's several who could learn a thing or two from you.
(04-24-2024, 10:54 PM)PandaInPants Wrote: Away from issues when I was staff I keep hearing about people bringing up harassment in their discords, in private, or ignoring it as much as they can because anytime they have reported it or tried to report it it gets dismissed and ignored by the staff they reach out to. Multiple people have told me about times they have reported harassment and been ignored even when reporting with video evidence to well beloved admins like @bryanbrr . When I sometimes mention a problem player in passing conversation ill get the response "oh yeah they message in dms all the time but I just ignore it" which is the common sentiment because players don't trust staff at all.
Not sure what instance this was as I don't recall receiving video evidence and not handling it but, I don't recall much from the past 6 months tbh. If I ever did ignore someone reaching out regarding a case of harassment against them, I truly apologize to that individual. Harassment isn't okay and shouldn't be tolerated. This is a place where we want people to have fun enjoying the server. Again, I am truly sorry for whoever I dismissed or ignored. I hope to be better in the future.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
i recommend a little book called "The Prince," by niccolò machiavelli
Fuck you smellman.

Couldn’t agree more with the need to try and communicate effectively.
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...