Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abdels Trusted App
In game: Abdel, [green] Abdel

Steam ID:  STEAM_0:1:53483447

Time Played: I've been on the server for 208 hours on game tracker (1 week and 2 hours in the server)

When First Joined: According to game tracker, I first joined Dec 11, 2016
I was server bouncing back then and I'm sure I visited the server from time to time. 

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I play from the morning to the mid afternoon. I currently have classes on Monday and on Wednesday but I get on later in the afternoon on those days. I am in Mountain Standard Time. 

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: I am currently a regular/donor

What can you do to help the community? I want to add my experience and contribute to your numbers. I can loosen the load for the staff that can't be on when I can be. I currently have alot of time on my hands and I want to provide it here. I know the ins and outs of being a staff. I know the rules and have watched how top tier staff dish it out when they take action. I love helping staff as a player, but I want to help on the same team. I can record when things take place and can deliver the evidence efficiently. I have a keen sense of what to look for when things happen, and I can pick up on the movement and attitude of it. 

Why do you want to help the community? I like the people. I want to be part of this team. I want to keep having fun and use what little power I have to help others enjoy their game play.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): I've been jokingly banned for a minute

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): N/A

How did you find us? I've played this server since 2016, and I didn't play as much because the server I was on, I would staff there. The server in question has been down for a year now and I've been server hopping. I eventually stayed on dinkleberg due to the amount of player flow it has. I love playing on full servers. 

Other: 
I'm pretty chill and I'm really open. I am very playful at times, but when someone comes in and starts breaking more than one rules, I get all serious. 
My favorite color is green, I love shibas and pugs, and my two favorite animals are ducks and tigers.
+0

Your time is above and beyond.
You know the rules.
You help staff constantly with catching ghosters/hackers.
You're active on forums, discord, and server.
You're well liked by players in the community.
You do have previous staffing experience from another server so that's always a plus.
You do help with staffing currently when I'm on as well. You help me when there are situations that arrise when there's groups of trolls/ghosters, and watching one group for me while I handle the other situation.
You're also level headed but also fun. You know when to joke, and when to be serious. This is something i look for in staff.

-1urbadtho

Some advice I do have tho;
Be sure to watch how you word and say things, it can and does come off wrong. An example would be Kuono's latest application on TTT.

Edit;
Forgot to say this, but you also need to watch how you communicate with the females on server. You do come off overly flirty, and that's not always the best for a staff member. We had one get in trouble for doing the same.
Keep in mind also, not everyone is always going to agree with you on things, and that doesn't make them wrong.
Due to this I'm going to remain neutral and change this to a +0
Trusted is only 1-2 more commands than you have now, and you use them wisely. I see no issue in you getting trusted, but anything past that for now is a no, to me.
I enjoy your enthusiasm and creativity here on the forums. However, when it comes to more serious threads, the big bod lettering can be distracting from the thread to some people. Here, it is overall fine.

Your server time is good and you meet all the minimum requirements and are active consistently. You interact with the community from new players to seasoned veterans and you appear to know the in-game mechanics. My main issue with you is how you have dealt with trollers/harassers on the server. Your solution on dealing with them, at least with staff trying to handle them, is to egg them on and troll on top of them making the situation worse most of the time. This has gone on even after staff, including myself, have asked you to stop on more than one occasion. My biggest concern is how you would handle these people without staff on at all, would you make the situation better or worse? Honestly, I cannot say that I would know if you would aid and calm the situation down or troll them and then gag/mute them when continuing. When the issue comes to ghosters, you have been helpful on more than one occasion.

I am going to say a -1 at this time. Work on keeping cool with harassers. Best of luck going forward.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(03-22-2019, 09:55 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: +0

Your time is above and beyond.
You know the rules.
You help staff constantly with catching ghosters/hackers.
You're active on forums, discord, and server.
You're well liked by players in the community.
You do have previous staffing experience from another server so that's always a plus.
You do help with staffing currently when I'm on as well. You help me when there are situations that arrise when there's groups of trolls/ghosters, and watching one group for me while I handle the other situation.
You're also level headed but also fun. You know when to joke, and when to be serious. This is something i look for in staff.

-1urbadtho

Some advice I do have tho;
Be sure to watch how you word and say things, it can and does come off wrong. An example would be Kuono's latest application on TTT.

Edit;
Forgot to say this, but you also need to watch how you communicate with the females on server. You do come off overly flirty, and that's not always the best for a staff member. We had one get in trouble for doing the same.
Keep in mind also, not everyone is always going to agree with you on things, and that doesn't make them wrong.
Due to this I'm going to remain neutral and change this to a +0
Trusted is only 1-2 more commands than you have now, and you use them wisely. I see no issue in you getting trusted, but anything past that for now is a no, to me.

I'll keep it in mind, Im still recovering from I've said from that and have taken into account that I shouldn't say something when I don't know the full picture. I'm slowly watching what I say, I'm a free spirit, and I'm not entirely flirty to be flirty, that's just how I am. Thanks for the feedback, It will help me improve.

(03-22-2019, 10:06 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: I enjoy your enthusiasm and creativity here on the forums. However, when it comes to more serious threads, the big bod lettering can be distracting from the thread to some people. Here, it is overall fine.

Your server time is good and you meet all the minimum requirements and are active consistently. You interact with the community from new players to seasoned veterans and you appear to know the in-game mechanics. My main issue with you is how you have dealt with trollers/harassers on the server. Your solution on dealing with them, at least with staff trying to handle them, is to egg them on and troll on top of them making the situation worse most of the time. This has gone on even after staff, including myself, have asked you to stop on more than one occasion. My biggest concern is how you would handle these people without staff on at all, would you make the situation better or worse? Honestly, I cannot say that I would know if you would aid and calm the situation down or troll them and then gag/mute them when continuing. When the issue comes to ghosters, you have been helpful on more than one occasion.

I am going to say a -1 at this time. Work on keeping cool with harassers. Best of luck going forward.

I understand what you've said, and I admit I can't help get a laugh out of people doing the deed. I hope I can improve on this. I want to take a more serious step, by slowing down on things like this. I know it takes time to process evidence and I shouldn't be getting in between your job and these trolls. Regardless I'll help improve my attitude so you can see I can handle situations when I'm by myself. Thanks for your input, it will help me better myself.
+0 Ive had issue where You would tell me to do my job and  You would do it here and there over chat.

Your well known in game and your a joy to play with in Game and I enjoy you killing everyone and getting 29 kills or so. You know the rules and have what leaders need.

My main issue is only that you tend to take the law into your own hands and my advice is to relax and have the staff do there job and no to call them out / I would recommend Pm instead of Global chat cause that gives staff a bad name.

best of luck Abdel
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
(03-22-2019, 10:47 PM)Sharky Wrote: +0 Ive had issue where You would tell me to do my job and  You would do it here and there over chat.

Your well known in game and your a joy to play with in Game and I enjoy you killing everyone and getting 29 kills or so. You know the rules and have what leaders need.

My main issue is only that you tend to take the law into your own hands and my advice is to relax and have the staff do there job and no to call them out / I would recommend Pm instead of Global chat cause that gives staff a bad name.

best of luck Abdel

I want to give some context to this, there are times you go afk or you don't catch mic spammers immediately and I jokingly say "do your job sharky!" I can't believe my words are being used this way, it wasn't my intention. I will refrain from saying anything like this in the future. I don't want my joking to be taken out of context. thanks for letting me know, I shall improve on this.
(03-22-2019, 11:07 PM)Abdel Wrote:
(03-22-2019, 10:47 PM)Sharky Wrote: +0 Ive had issue where You would tell me to do my job and  You would do it here and there over chat.

best of luck Abdel

I want to give some context to this, there are times you go afk or you don't catch mic spammers immediately and I jokingly say "do your job sharky!" I can't believe my words are being used this way, it wasn't my intention. I will refrain from saying anything like this in the future. I don't want my joking to be taken out of context. thanks for letting me know, I shall improve on this.
There are times Im AFK ??? Mostly would have help if you messaged me  in admin chat and say hey U there ???. Your right I should be more aware with mic spammers and thats why I got myself a mic to use. If Im usually quite that probs means Im watching ghosters or fixing some issue. I would have told u that in chat if u had pm me

Your jokes are priceless and I dont mind you carrying on being who u are. :) Your always helpful with your donor commands and your attitude towards stuff is wicked

With the comment you gave Ima switch my vote to 1+
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member

Majority of my interactions with you have been positive, but it's the severity of the negative that outweighs the positive. 

It has been brought up to my attention by a few female players that things you've said made them a bit uncomfortable and they would be more careful to speak when on the server, this was a couple of weeks ago and the issue I haven't heard of since (in part because I have been absent do to work). 
Trust me when I say that you do need to be very conscious of things you say as they will get interpreted differently than how you intend, and may not be taken in full context. 
Be sure to use the !p function to privately message people you want to talk to more one on one than to embarrass people by using global. 

You may not get Trusted with this first application but I hope you will take the advice given by your peers in these responses and grow, once you've adjusted these few things then I know your application will get accepted and you'd be a great addition to the staffing community and team. 

You've been doing good with your involvement within the community and helping to catch players violating rules, the issues at hand have already been stated by other staff members so I won't beat a dead horse about it. 

Continue to progress and I will happily give you a +1 in the future.
The reason why I'm going to have to give you s -1 is because recently I've noticed that you abuse the unstuck command. For example on chalet (will update this with a picture later) you got on the sign thingy which is impossible to get up to as a prop. Now I know you have to jump pack but it still was impossible to get up and i have tested it out to see if it was possible and it wasn't. For the attitude part, i haven't really seen anything. You're a good player Abdel. You know some of the rules well but not all. You also know how to make others laugh. But theres some things that you can and cant do and with staff doing some of the things we cant do like for unstuck shows the players that they should do it also because they look up at us

Edit:
Uploaded the image
Circle is where you were at, X is on the small fence thing and you jumped up from there to get to the circle
I have tested it out as an old man and a hunter and it was impossible (I know you have a jump pack i used it with the jump pack and still was impossible without the use of unstuck)
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-22-2019, 11:51 PM)Old Man Voss Wrote: -1

Majority of my interactions with you have been positive, but it's the severity of the negative that outweighs the positive. 

It has been brought up to my attention by a few female players that things you've said made them a bit uncomfortable and they would be more careful to speak when on the server, this was a couple of weeks ago and the issue I haven't heard of since (in part because I have been absent do to work). 
Trust me when I say that you do need to be very conscious of things you say as they will get interpreted differently than how you intend, and may not be taken in full context. 
Be sure to use the !p function to privately message people you want to talk to more one on one than to embarrass people by using global. 

You may not get Trusted with this first application but I hope you will take the advice given by your peers in these responses and grow, once you've adjusted these few things then I know your application will get accepted and you'd be a great addition to the staffing community and team. 

You've been doing good with your involvement within the community and helping to catch players violating rules, the issues at hand have already been stated by other staff members so I won't beat a dead horse about it. 

Continue to progress and I will happily give you a +1 in the future.

I hope most of my comments towards any female player wasn't taken like that. If anything the only thing I usually say "is that a gamergirl" just a thing I say. I hope that's not what it is. I do make alot of innuendos but most of them aren't even towards girls. I joke around alot with my male friends. If any gal was uncomfortable they should just pm me or tell me. Idk who's been uncomfortable by me when I'm initially just me saying something. I don't mean any ill intent. I'm also not looking to flirt with anyone. That's just me being friendly or nice. thanks for the input, I will definitely look more into this and watch what I say. I hope these ladies didn't feel like I was attacking them. I'm not aiming to hit on the gals from the server. I'm sorry to any gal I might've said something to and it was taken wrong.

(03-23-2019, 12:08 AM)Kasumi Wrote: The reason why I'm going to have to give you s -1 is because recently I've noticed that you abuse the unstuck command. For example on chalet (will update this with a picture later) you got on the sign thingy which is impossible to get up to as a prop. Now I know you have to jump pack but it still was impossible to get up and i have tested it out to see if it was possible and it wasn't. For the attitude part, i haven't really seen anything. You're a good player Abdel. You know some of the rules well but not all. You also know how to make others laugh. But theres some things that you can and cant do and with staff doing some of the things we cant do like for unstuck shows the players that they should do it also because they look up at us

Edit:
Uploaded the image
Circle is where you were at, X is on the small fence thing and you jumped up from there to get to the circle
I have tested it out as an old man and a hunter and it was impossible (I know you have a jump pack i used it with the jump pack and still was impossible without the use of unstuck)

So this is something I admit I do. It's something I'm slowly trying to avoid. It's an old habit. On many other servers I've been in, it was allowed and it's just become a norm to me. Only with time I will get accustomed to it. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll improve on this and show you I can do better in places where I don't need the unstuck. Thanks for the input.

(03-22-2019, 11:17 PM)Sharky Wrote:
(03-22-2019, 11:07 PM)Abdel Wrote:

best of luck Abdel

There are times Im AFK ??? Mostly would have help if you messaged me  in admin chat and say hey U there ???. Your right I should be more aware with mic spammers and thats why I got myself a mic to use. If Im usually quite that probs means Im watching ghosters or fixing some issue. I would have told u that in chat if u had pm me

Your jokes are priceless and I dont mind you carrying on being who u are. :) Your always helpful with your donor commands and your attitude towards stuff is wicked

With the comment you gave Ima switch my vote to 1+

I will in the future. Thanks dude, love your humor too. I will improve on how I word things.