Offender's Rank: Tmod

What They Did: Abused Commands

When They Did It: 4/29/18  ~7:00

Potential Witnesses: Blakeman1, Zephyr

Proof: 
[Image: 3aa1dfcb3b.png]

5:50

Other:

I believe it is time to discuss Bacardis abuse of staff commands. I generally tolerate his overuse of commands such as gagging and muting players for petty reasons such as "talking back to him", usually in the middle of rounds. 

Today while playing TTT I was teleported by Bacardi through the !bring command. I was teleported mid round then after he brought me he proceeded to RDM me. His reason for bringing me was because I said the words "Im stuck" jokingly to another player. His reason for RDMing me was t-baiting even though I was proven innocent at the time I was teleported. 

When staff use commands such as !bring they should verify that the player they plan on teleporting is actually in need of a teleport. If I were to say the words "I'm stuck" while running away from traitors and he teleported me, it would affect the current round by giving me an advantage (escaping from traitors through use of a staff command)

The RDM is not the main point of this thread; it is the fact he teleported me mid round, then took advantage of the teleport to RDM me.
Back when Old Gregg(Bacardi) was donor he got it removed becuase he would abuse his commands. We gave him constant warnings, but he would still use them behind our backs. He was given donor again for whatever reason, but then he bought tmod. Ever since I haven't had too many problems with him.

I'm guessing in this case he thought you were actually stuck, but he should have actually made sure you were.
@BacArdi M.
former admin2
You shouldn't teleport people unless they ask, being stuck can be a good thing. Also I've seen him abuse commands for fun a lot, sometimes its funny others its not, but bringing people to just kill them mid-round is a dick move regardless.
I think he needs a time out to assess his actions for sure. He's been very agressive in his staffing to the points of near-extreme. I'm opting for a week to 3 weeks 'time off'.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
I was there at the time (*cough* a witness *cough*).

Bacardi said in the report that he teleported you and supposedly you had a c4 or something that made you t baiting......and he shot you. I'll admit it's dirty but from how he explained it, this sounded more just. Bacardi is a very competent staff member, but since I've only really been on this recently for a few weeks I can't make any final judgements on his habits.

I do think we need some clarification on the bring command in general, you raised an excellent point before nopleez.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Ok, where to begin here.

The teleporting issue: You said in the game voice chat "I'm stuck, help," which any staff would respond to by bringing you. After I brought you, you were walking around and said "Oh god no my C4," and seeing as I didn't know you were proven and it was overtime, that was enough for a sus so I killed you. You shouldn't have said you were stuck, because that will result in you getting teleported. If we're also playing the game, there's no way we can immediately confirm or disprove that you're actually stuck or in a running gun battle, but we're going to help you and if you abuse that then that's 100% on you and therefore a bad argument. It's a weak argument at best and advocating exploiting our desire to help at worst. Again, if you say "I'm stuck, someone help" at any point pre- or during round, any half-competent staff member is going to teleport you.

I didn't take advantage of the teleport to kill you, I would've KOSed you for saying what you said no matter where you were. And on the "petty mutes and gags," they're not petty. There's been an exceeding level of cancer and toxicity on the server since the "gamer" thing has happened, and yourself and others have partaken in racism, trolling, and general harassment of others. Sorry, but I'm not going to sit idly back and allow you to make the server a living hell. Ask @Gabe , @ReThink , @"Guru Drak", @Summer and any other regulars who were on last night, and they'll tell you that when I mute/gag people, those people are being general assholes and it's for the best that they take a time out. As you were doing last night. You need to look at yourself and your own actions before accusing others for trying to keep you in line.

(04-29-2018, 07:19 PM)Sassy Phoenix Wrote: You shouldn't teleport people unless they ask, being stuck can be a good thing. Also I've seen him abuse commands for fun a lot, sometimes its funny others its not, but bringing people to just kill them mid-round is a dick move regardless.

I'd never straight up teleport someone mid-round just to kill them, that's such a gross abuse of power that I wouldn't even consider it and hope anyone who does so has to answer for doing such. I teleported him because he said he was stuck, and virtually every other time I've teleported a stuck person up to now, it has been on the basis of them saying "I'm stuck, help" and nobody has had an issue with it seeing as they are explicitly asking for assistance in not being stuck. Like I said, I killed him after I had brought him (not sure on the exact timing, but definitely not instant) because after I brought him he made a traitorous statement. And if you've seen me abuse commands, it's probably because someone I'm friends with asked them to gag them and finds it funny. I always immediately ungag them. Nopleez is quite evidently just angry about the fact that I muted/gagged him last night (I forget which) because he was being an asshat.
For the one time per fiscal quarter I was on, you were pretty gag/mute happy. I remember today that one Guest rank was telling another player to test or kos and began counting 10, 9, 8... While he was counting, you gagged him because innocents aren't allowed to test or kos. But that's not a reason to gag someone and keep them from talking. There were other players trying to explain to him that only detectives can test or kos, but you just gagged him, which won't teach him the rules and it isn't how new members should be treated. Along with that, you used admin chat to complain about non-staff members and how autistic and retarded they are. Now, I'm not saying this action is breaking the rules, it was just noteworthy and a little odd to me, even if you were joking about it.

This post is not breaking any rules. This post has been saved and it will be used as evidence when your status as staff is questioned. You have been warned. (This will appear on all of my posts.)
(04-29-2018, 09:23 PM)blakeman1 Wrote: For the one time per fiscal quarter I was on, you were pretty gag/mute happy. I remember today that one Guest rank was telling another player to test or kos and began counting 10, 9, 8... While he was counting, you gagged him because innocents aren't allowed to test or kos. But that's not a reason to gag someone and keep them from talking. There were other players trying to explain to him that only detectives can test or kos, but you just gagged him, which won't teach him the rules and it isn't how new members should be treated. Along with that, you used admin chat to complain about non-staff members and how autistic and retarded they are. Now, I'm not saying this action is breaking the rules, it was just noteworthy and a little odd to me, even if you were joking about it.

This post is not breaking any rules. This post has been saved and it will be used as evidence when your status as staff is questioned. You have been warned. (This will appear on all of my posts.)

I gagged him because he was at the 3, 2, 1.. part of the countdown, and I wanted to stop him after 2 so he wouldn't then RDM someone for not testing when he hit 1. After I gagged him, several of us explained to him that he couldn't do that, and I'd also been nicely asking him to type !motd and hit F1 and read the rules for several rounds. I was getting frustrated, as were most other people on the server, so while I shouldn't have said that, I was getting pretty pissed but still trying to make sure he knew what he was doing.
(04-29-2018, 09:12 PM)BacArdi M. Wrote: The teleporting issue: You said in the game voice chat "I'm stuck, help," which any staff would respond to by bringing you. After I brought you, you were walking around and said "Oh god no my C4," and seeing as I didn't know you were proven and it was overtime, that was enough for a sus so I killed you. You shouldn't have said you were stuck, because that will result in you getting teleported. If you say "I'm stuck" while running away from a T and get teleported, that's on you and not the staff who tries to help you. It's a weak argument at best and advocating exploiting our desire to help at worst. Again, if you say "I'm stuck, someone help" at any point pre- or during round, any half-competent staff member is going to teleport you.

According to you it is okay to teleport players mid round without knowing whether they are actually stuck or not. You claim it is the players fault if a staff member uses his commands to teleport a player when they claim they are stuck. When someone states "I am stuck" that does not instantly mean you should teleport them. They could be stuck in a traitor trap (67th way, community pool). I never once asked to be teleported, all I said was "I am stuck".

That said, no I do not think it is the players fault that a staff member uses the !bring command, it is your job to know whether or not a player actually needs to be brought without altering the flow of the game.

If !bring is used in the middle of a round it is usually by a spectating staff member that can clearly see the issue and knows it needs to be taken care of.

I agree that I did t-bait, but that is not the main point of this thread, the main point is that you teleported me mid-round. Also you would not have been able to kill me at the time if you did not teleport me so it did affect the game.

(04-29-2018, 09:12 PM)BacArdi M. Wrote: And on the "petty mutes and gags," they're not petty. There's been an exceeding level of cancer and toxicity on the server since the "gamer" thing has happened, and yourself and others have partaken in racism, trolling, and general harassment of others. Sorry, but I'm not going to sit idly back and allow you to make the server a living hell. Ask @Gabe , @ReThink , and any other regulars who have been on, and they'll tell you that when I mute/gag people, those people are being general assholes and it's for the best that they take a time out. You need to look at yourself and your own actions before accusing others.

There has not been an exceeding level of cancer and toxicity on the server; I play on the server almost every day and it seems to have been the usual over the past few days. 

You accuse me of partaking in racism, trolling, and harassing others, this is not true. While I may crack a few jokes here and there just like everyone else on the server, I am not trying to start problems with members of the community. I enjoy playing on the server and have no interest in creating a negative atmosphere. 

(04-29-2018, 09:12 PM)BacArdi M. Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 07:19 PM)Sassy Phoenix Wrote: You shouldn't teleport people unless they ask, being stuck can be a good thing. Also I've seen him abuse commands for fun a lot, sometimes its funny others its not, but bringing people to just kill them mid-round is a dick move regardless.

Nopleez is quite evidently just angry about the fact that I muted/gagged him last night (I forget which) because he was being an asshat.

Yes, I am upset about the other night when you mute and gagged multiple players on the server. I believe you were abusing your powers at that time as well, but that has nothing to do with this thread.
I've seen quite a bit of toxicity on the server since "Gamergate v2" if you wanna call it that. As for the tp instance here's what I recall:

nopleez asked for a tp because he was stuck, and bacardi tp'd him due to it. Whatever happened afterwards I dont know, because I didnt witness it.. but I did witness the request. I've noticed mutes and gag's have happened due to people getting upset about gamer being said and such. I mean, mike is flaming me for no reason nowadays.

All I'm saying is this, there are some things that might be questionable that have happened, but Bacardi is normally right on top of things and on the good side of things. I like how he staffs, I really do, and I've yet to run into any problems with him.. its normally only toxic players and flamers that get mad.