Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chain of Command & The Purge
As to make it a serious post instead of a triple tangent in to the realm far from where the last one started, under suggestion from Matt, I think.

Dinkleberg makes an appearance one every three months.  Scoovie once a month ( unless they're on in the wee hours ).  Matt is the sole Admin I see get on for more than two minutes (I've see two get on and immediately back off). 

Once we get out of admins, we have Obi with Inactive Admin ( also known as the guy who still has powers a unique Rank ).  Moderators and Test mods are plenty, but lack commitment to engage the community at times, leaving poor @Gabe to have to handle everything the night before exams and tests when others are available but unwanting to delve into the ilk becoming cancer on the server. 

Afterwards, we get to Trusted, which about run the server at this point.  We have Donors, and the rarely seen Donor+, but they can't do anything more than spend their entire time gagging and kicking the same jerk every twenty seconds for mic spam leading into reconnecting to get around gags and rdm.  Somewhere I've seen a couple Supporters.  Still waiting on a custom rank for myself, though to ask for one I'm sure it would be an insult rather than requested.

With Trusted running the server, something is seriously wrong with as per the title, the chain of command.  Perhaps as others suggested, people want power but don't want to have to waste their time (not a waste to us players).  Perhaps they have priorities that just arose such as college or learning to drive without scratching up every parked car that just jumped out of no where.

There also is the issue of server problems ( server, not players ).  Several maps have been classified as Crashing Maps such as Nuclear Power, some maps are sickening literally to cause dizziness or heightened salt content (H.U.G.E. being about impossible to play sometimes with causing both problems, as only a few know there is more than a blue level).  Then there are maps people love, but can't play because of map voting trolls picking Fast Food, a map they'd see in another five minutes after their map pick crashed the server.  Lastly you have FPS killers and Duplicate maps.  Best Buy is a map we used to play on.  If you released Manhacks inside the store, you were guaranteed five kills minimal as Manhacks don't rely on a mouse and keyboard to kill, you fighting FPS stuttering from hundreds of individual products placed on shelves does.  As for Duplicate, I have mentioned many times we have a couple maps with multiple versions.  I'm not talking Dolls, because MC Dolls is different enough from normal Dolls, and we don't even have the newest version that looks like a college kid lives in the room now.  Whitehouse v2 and v9 both exist, v2 being far inferior.  There are also two bank maps, one with, and one without the sniper T Trap.  (Bank however is one of the FPS and/or Crashing maps for the Sniper T Trap version)

As we brought up in @Laced Xanax 's thread, a replacement voting system weighting maps should be used after we purge the map list of maps causing problems for the server itself or players.  For say three months, maps played the most come up for votes less often.  Maps on the server list we don't normally play, we play.  If that map causes a problem, purge it.  After three months, change the voting back.  We likely have twenty maps we never play that are either cancer incarnate, or one of the greatest maps ever, but was outvoted by Vote Trolls wanting to play Dolls for the third time in three hours.  

Two topics basically causing us issues.  Outdated ranking system needing updated to all current staff, and a server of maps that we don't know about or need to purge away some.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
You will find that a lack of admins and mods is and has always been a perpetual problem of this community. I mean I can't even remember the last time we had an extremely active admin team. Not like that matters because I think Deadpool , that Scoovie loser and Matt are doing fine. I mean honestly admins are just gayer mods anyway just look at how pink they are. I agree that some maps are nuisances like Hydro Power though
promote me to admin and i promise this server will run flawlessly
I will accept the position of admin if there is a need for one
Ok
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
ok
(09-18-2018, 08:14 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: ok

ok