Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Alert Plugin Work-Around
So yeah, some of you might see the forums are kinda semi-broken. Especially trying to view alerts, since clicking the Alert Button fails to load Alerts like it used to pre-forum update. For anyone that needs to view their alerts, you can click here (or you can right click the Alert box and click the "Open in a new Tab" option.)

Posting this in-case some of you want to view your alerts, but are unable to since it's broken.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
ur mom gay
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
Thank you for the update :D
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]
Yes, I can finally check my 20 alerts thanks!
also problem....   there is no foreseeable fix for this in the future.  the alert plugin is kind of abandoned  even though it was made by a mybb staff member.   there was a hook update 4 month ago to include polls... otherwise the plugin is like 3-4 years old  untouched.

See for your selves

https://github.com/MyBBStuff/MyAlerts

Its shit like that which triggers my protective instincts.   When their own staff cant update a plugin that is really popular.....   there be some obvious priority issues within the mybb staff ranks.  I hope none of which involve security or something more serious.

Guard fish is always on duty!

[Image: latest?cb=20130628173129]
Right now I'm like one of those guards with only a walkietalkie and no gun or taser.
My low forum rank hinders my ability to correctly add ssl which ill address to the admins.

If anyone notices an update for this plugin inform us immediately!
Thank you so much for the work around, Christian! We really appreciate you sharing!!
I can't get the modal pop up working so I've just redirected the alerts button to take you to the full alerts page instead.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
That works great! Thank you!!
is there a work around for the logout? it wont let me logout so my name can change... i was told i wouldnt be held here against my will i feel lied to... ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
[Image: KEURa1F.gif]
I'm not sure if you CAN change your name.

I don't see an option for it.
Even in the admin settings i have 2 options either sync it with your steam every change or don't. (its set to dont)

You also cannot change your password, the login is steam based. So if you want to change your password you change it on steam.

Logout has nothing to do with permissions if you cant log out then that might be a browser issue. clear your internet cache
you might have remanders of the old site in the cache causing issues.

also specify your browser and if its mobile or not im not sure if mobile works im not willing to log into a mobile site with my device and steam
there might be an issue with mobile i did have an error reenabling the mobile plugin. I may have to write the sql manually because it did not write last time i tried because the plugin is outdated and there are more sql fields then it tries to write.