Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forums Rules
An additional suggestion would be possibly creating a forums rules section. 
As necroing has been an issue never fully addressed until someone does it, a new user doesn't understand the rule.

Thank you for your time :D
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]
Yes when I first. Am e onto the forums I would post on any post that I felt I wanted to share my opinion on. This will make management quite allot easier for admins in the future.
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
(11-27-2017, 07:10 PM)[black]Tronald Wrote: Yes when I first. Am e onto the forums I would post on any post that I felt I wanted to share my opinion on. This will make management quite allot easier for admins in the future.

boi I want so hard to take you seriously then you write like that xD
I think a general site rule page going over the simple things for those not for sure on them would be great. So +1.
If you can see where the dialog box is below the logo, one that makes memes out of our admins: "Christian hates the community", "Scoovie is gay", a tip there would be appreciated, but hardly seen.

On the home page of the forums, I feel there should be something akin to a small banner placed around the screen. Simply wraps up forum rules in a non-complicative process and visuals ontop of a visually appealing page would be nice.
Pandas are cute as hell, don't you forget that.

[Image: x1iAjZQ.gif]

[Image: 76561198228770820.png]
Legacy stated there's no need for one. If dink really wants forum rules, he could ask any of the admins/dev to make it.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
Yeah, forum rules seem kind of silly. What would be the rules? The only rule I can think of is necro-posting. Maybe +1 or -1's? But that's not specific to the forums, only applications. Not being a muppet, being kind, whatever else should be common sense. This would just be another page taking up space, as I'm sure no one would read these anyway.
(11-28-2017, 04:24 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: Yeah, forum rules seem kind of silly. What would be the rules? The only rule I can think of is necro-posting. Maybe +1 or -1's? But that's not specific to the forums, only applications. Not being a muppet, being kind, whatever else should be common sense. This would just be another page taking up space, as I'm sure no one would read these anyway.
The rules could clearly define necroing, shit posting, possibly staff apps, and such. 
(We are trying to keep in account that PH brings in a rather diverse audience with ages.)
It is not all common sense to them.
If rules were set people running the forums would be able to effectively deal with those situations. 
I've seen way too many people being warned for necroing when they usually did not even know what it was in the first place. I didn't even know what it was until one staff member of PH was warned of it. I'd also like to point out that the people accusing others of necroing didn't fully know how to deal with it/ how long a post determined it to be necro until many people were accused of it. (Which is 1 month).
I understand all of your points, but as more people join the community, more and more people are going to do things that are against the said "common sense"
We are growing everyday, so setting rules would deny the justification for anyone who tries to break them. No longer would ignorance be a significant excuse.

It also doesn't need to be complicated, it can be like @"PeppermintPatches" recommended.  :D
If a shit post rule happens hopefully it won’tbe retroactive to the old forums. Then I would have 6,000+ shit posts.
(11-28-2017, 06:33 PM)mkkay671 Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 04:24 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: Yeah, forum rules seem kind of silly. What would be the rules? The only rule I can think of is necro-posting. Maybe +1 or -1's? But that's not specific to the forums, only applications. Not being a muppet, being kind, whatever else should be common sense. This would just be another page taking up space, as I'm sure no one would read these anyway.
The rules could clearly define necroing, shit posting, possibly staff apps, and such. 
(We are trying to keep in account that PH brings in a rather diverse audience with ages.)
It is not all common sense to them.
If rules were set people running the forums would be able to effectively deal with those situations. 
I've seen way too many people being warned for necroing when they usually did not even know what it was in the first place. I didn't even know what it was until one staff member of PH was warned of it. I'd also like to point out that the people accusing others of necroing didn't fully know how to deal with it/ how long a post determined it to be necro until many people were accused of it. (Which is 1 month).
I understand all of your points, but as more people join the community, more and more people are going to do things that are against the said "common sense"
We are growing everyday, so setting rules would deny the justification for anyone who tries to break them. No longer would ignorance be a significant excuse.

It also doesn't need to be complicated, it can be like @"PeppermintPatches" recommended.  :D
I thought about it, and I believe I might have been a bit too rash. Leaving things up to common sense for people on the Internet is not a good idea. Do I believe that forum rules is a good idea? Not really, but I can see its benefit. And I can agree, this community is growing, and a ruleset that everyone follows will cut down the confusion.