Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets address some shit
To make this response simple, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU WANT. 

A while back you wanted the rules to be more specific/strict, now it's been mentioned that they're too strict.
Well seeing as you didn't obey the rules before hand because breaking them is funny or Meme worthy, what is the point of actually trying to fix things if you yourself wont even follow that which you've asked for?

So, let's start simple. 

What are things you'd like to seen changed/fixed that is within the power of the Admins? Considering the absence of Dinkleberg who is pursuing IRL things at this time.

It's been mentioned that a Co-Owner would solve problems, this is correct and incorrect. 
Correct in that they could make changes to the server without the mighty Dink present. 
Incorrect that this will solve communication problems within the community. 
Without communication form users to staff, this cycle of drama/toxicity or whatever you so desire to call it will continue on and on. 

You want more active staff? Have you thought of applying for staff? Have you even considered that maybe you could make a difference by applying? 
Maybe you have but thing that the way things are or are going it's just a sinking ship that you don't want to get involved with. IF this is your thought process, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM. As a member of this wonderful community, you should be looking at ways to lift where you stand (so to speak) and not tearing down everything that is wrong.

IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP OUT OR GIVE MEANINGFUL INSIGHT, THEN SIT THERE AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AS THE ONLY THING PROBABLY COMING OUT OF IT IS UNEDUCATED RUBBISH FROM A TRASH BIN ANYWAY. 
(02-03-2020, 09:39 PM)Mr Voss Wrote:
-snip-

Being toxic towards other toxic people doesn't negate itself. Trust me, I learned the hard way.

You're ignoring the fact that changes have been made. More attempts have been made to make positive changes. 

Nobody asked for stricter rules, that I can recall. What WAS asked is that the TTT admins treat people without bias. Not even just the admins, but the staff team as a whole. The thought process was quite simple. Nobody is above the rules. 

I can recall at least 11 different times where I've exploited, mass RDMed, said some no-no words, and broken pretty much every rule under the sun aside from hacking. I was only warned/punished twice. I did these things with staff on, including hardcore trolling with 4 TTT admins on.

I wasn't punished because I am a friend of almost every single staff member on the server. I am a walking example of favoritism. 

That's just one example of simple things that have not been acted upon. 

It's blatantly false and ridiculous to suggest that we do not know what we want. We know what we want. We can't get what we want. To imply that everything is the community's fault and it's a "world against me" type of situation (me, of course, being the staff) is only partially true. Take responsibility for your part. 

Which, by the way, none of this even applies to PH in my eyes. Which means you aren't at fault for anything.

A while back you wanted the rules to be more specific/strict, now it's been mentioned that they're too strict.
Well seeing as you didn't obey the rules before hand because breaking them is funny or Meme worthy, what is the point of actually trying to fix things if you yourself wont even follow that which you've asked for?

So, let's start simple. 

What are things you'd like to seen changed/fixed that is within the power of the Admins? Considering the absence of Dinkleberg who is pursuing IRL things at this time.

It's been mentioned that a Co-Owner would solve problems, this is correct and incorrect. 
Correct in that they could make changes to the server without the mighty Dink present. 
Without communication form users to staff, this cycle of drama/toxicity or whatever you so desire to call it will continue on and on. 

You want more active staff? Have you thought of applying for staff? Have you even considered that maybe you could make a difference by applying? 
Maybe you have but thing that the way things are or are going it's just a sinking ship that you don't want to get involved with. IF this is your thought process, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM. As a member of this wonderful community, you should be looking at ways to lift where you stand (so to speak) and not tearing down everything that is wrong.

IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP OUT OR GIVE MEANINGFUL INSIGHT, THEN SIT THERE AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AS THE ONLY THING PROBABLY COMING OUT OF IT IS UNEDUCATED RUBBISH FROM A TRASH BIN ANYWAY. 

Wow, I don't even play and I can tell you how much of an ignorant post this is. I'm gonna do my best to debunk as much of this as I can from top to bottom. First, people ask for specific rules so it can be determined what is okay and what is not, so that the rules can not be suddenly changed and altered on a whim as we have seen. Specific and strict do not go hand in hand. You ask for what we think would fix the issue, yet then brush over the actual points we make in the most strawmanned argument I've seen since 2016 politics. People could care less if someone holds the title of co owner, they want change and communication. They want clear rules, real feedback, and active help. The absence issue has been addressed as well in recent posts, if you bothered to read them then you'd know that, but you all brush it off as someone being upset about this or the other. I already spoke a little about how the title co owner does not matter, and I personally do not come from the day when there were active co owners, but I can see where a closer line to dink would feel like a more active line of communication for community issues. That's the whole bit, addressing community issues. (also golden to mention the cycle of toxicity, maybe we should address it again? People seem to be thinking too critically nowadays.) Active staff? This is by far the most ignorant thing in this post. Note I say ignorant, as the lack of knowledge, because I firmly believe you didn't bother to look into the issues before making this post. A lot of this spurs from the staff. The voting is absolutely biased and broken. It's addressed well in Porky's "abuse thread on the admins". When people try to join and help and get denied with a "not fit" as their reason, then they seem to find it a lost cause. People don't know what the admins want, and admins don't know what the people want. It is such an uninvolved and stagnant system. If we didn't care about the community we wouldn't make an effort in the first place to make suggestions to make it better, you should know that. You don't seem to know anything about why these posts are being made, and to make this post pretending that you know everything is such a rude and careless thing to do. But I'm not the kind of person to just straw man and claim someone just wants chaos.

As a (not so) wise man once said "...KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AS THE ONLY THING PROBABLY COMING OUT OF IT IS UNEDUCATED RUBBISH FROM A TRASH BIN ANYWAY."
[Image: Sy6406Z.png]
(02-03-2020, 10:05 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
-snip-

Being toxic towards other toxic people doesn't negate itself. Trust me, I learned the hard way.

You're ignoring the fact that changes have been made. More attempts have been made to make positive changes. 

Nobody asked for stricter rules, that I can recall. What WAS asked is that the TTT admins treat people without bias. Not even just the admins, but the staff team as a whole. The thought process was quite simple. Nobody is above the rules. 

I can recall at least 11 different times where I've exploited, mass RDMed, said some no-no words, and broken pretty much every rule under the sun aside from hacking. I was only warned/punished twice. I did these things with staff on, including hardcore trolling with 4 TTT admins on.

I wasn't punished because I am a friend of almost every single staff member on the server. I am a walking example of favoritism. 

It's blatantly false and ridiculous to suggest that we do not know what we want. We know what we want. We can't get what we want. To imply that everything is the community's fault and it's a "world against me" type of situation (me, of course, being the staff) is only partially true. Take responsibility for your part. 

Which, by the way, none of this even applies to PH in my eyes. Which means you aren't at fault for anything.

none of this should involve ph but we do keep getting dragged in to it due to the overwhelming about of dms and such we get sadly
thats the bad part here
ph is suffering because this isnt being contained (as in the shit posting) or because the communication is dead so here some of us are stepping in to try to hear things out

Sea bass told me something really helpful , and so from now on when locked posts have helpful threads like ones from earlier, im going to bring them into the threads likethis, where we are discussing helpful things, so that the good posts, aren't lost forever and are an addition to discussions, and not drowned out by shitposts. It was an extremely good point. The rest was about communication and ph is working o nthat but i cannot and willnot say nothing for ttt and im not fixing my bad grammar deal with it and suffer

So, let's start simple. 

Oh wow look someone that's a part of the problem neat.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(02-03-2020, 10:05 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
-snip-

You're ignoring the fact that changes have been made. More attempts have been made to make positive changes.  Wasn't ignoring the fact that changes have been made, as a matter of fact MANY changes have been made in the TTT server as of late to make it MUCH better than it was when I originally started playing back in 2018. 

Nobody asked for stricter rules, that I can recall. What WAS asked is that the TTT admins treat people without bias. Not even just the admins, but the staff team as a whole. The thought process was quite simple. Nobody is above the rules.  I wish that was true that nobody is above the rules, but far too often there's been favoritism as you state in your next paragraph. It is what it is really, and I commend you for owning it. 

It's blatantly false and ridiculous to suggest that we do not know what we want. We know what we want. We can't get what we want. To imply that everything is the community's fault and it's a "world against me" type of situation (me, of course, being the staff) is only partially true. Take responsibility for your part.  Maybe you do know what you want, but knowing how to get there within reason is what is more so out of reach. That may have been a better way to state it. 

I play on all server in the community, given only PH and DR on my main account. My secondary account I have played many hours with a lot of those on TTT and have enjoyed majority of my time there. My initial intent was not to point fingers, the idea was to find a stable ground in which to resolve the problems at hand with the resources we have.  TTT is a really fun crazy game type, and if we as a community can work the bugs out it would be even better. 

(02-03-2020, 10:05 PM)MilkManFromMars Wrote:
=snip=

Wow, I don't even play and I can tell you how much of an ignorant post this is. I'm gonna do my best to debunk as much of this as I can from top to bottom. First, people ask for specific rules so it can be determined what is okay and what is not, so that the rules can not be suddenly changed and altered on a whim as we have seen. Specific and strict do not go hand in hand. You ask for what we think would fix the issue, yet then brush over the actual points we make in the most strawmanned argument I've seen since 2016 politics. People could care less if someone holds the title of co owner, they (the players) want change and communication. They want clear rules, real feedback, and active help. The absence issue has been addressed as well in recent posts, if you bothered to read them then you'd know that, but you all brush it off as someone being upset about this or the other. I already spoke a little about how the title co owner does not matter, and I personally do not come from the day when there were active co owners, but I can see where a closer line to dink would feel like a more active line of communication for community issues. That's the whole bit, addressing community issues. (also golden to mention the cycle of toxicity, maybe we should address it again? People seem to be thinking too critically nowadays.) Active staff? This is by far the most ignorant thing in this post. Note I say ignorant, as the lack of knowledge, because I firmly believe you didn't bother to look into the issues before making this post.

A lot of this spurs from the staff. The voting is absolutely biased and broken. 
It's addressed well in Porky's "abuse thread on the admins". When people try to join and help and get denied with a "not fit" as their reason, then they seem to find it a lost cause. People don't know what the admins want, and admins don't know what the people want. It is such an uninvolved and stagnant system. If we didn't care about the community we wouldn't make an effort in the first place to make suggestions to make it better, you should know that. You don't seem to know anything about why these posts are being made, and to make this post pretending that you know everything is such a rude and careless thing to do. But I'm not the kind of person to just straw man and claim someone just wants chaos.

As a (not so) wise man once said "IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP OUT OR GIVE MEANINGFUL INSIGHT, THEN SIT THERE AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AS THE ONLY THING PROBABLY COMING OUT OF IT IS UNEDUCATED RUBBISH FROM A TRASH BIN ANYWAY. " (Fixed it for you since you left out the important part) 
NOW WHAT YOU POSTED IS MORE CLEAR. All the other stuff seemed like fluff. 
To respond to you a bit though, I do know what's going on now do I know it as deeply as the more active TTT players more than likely No. The Idea was to get a CLEAR message of what YOU being the players really want. Not only that but to understand, what is your solution. 

Total reform of the staff? Just clean slate it? 
This is a possibility, but I imagine the soonest that could happen would be summer time when Dink would be more active. 

I appreciate your responses, both of you. 
*sighs seeing another adressing the problem thread*

Ngl the problem isn't only the staff team in this community its the players as well. Instead of repeating the same complaints about staff for the 10th time in 2 weeks let me highlight some problems with the playerbase.

We have people all around that'll break rules with little fear of consequence. I don't have much for ph, but yesterday i saw someone go up top of the mountain side 2 or 3 times on crash house despite it being illegal. Despite the admin tping and warning them the round prior...

Now look at TTT our problems are with regulars no less using slurs or starting chains so others can complete, going on alts and basically trolling only to throw a trantrum when staff warns em for it, and exploiting and frankly I don't know what the fuck you guys want anymore. We ban u get mad we don't you keep doing it cuz you didn't get in trouble and finally Staff and player alike cock block any type of reform or suggestions i can think of multiple ones that lace suggested just for everyone to say no to despite it being a good recommendation imo or staff not wanting to get stricter cuz they like the toxicity

Not even going to get into the shitshow that is discord, but regarding the forums let me just say. For the love of fucking god can u people stop making these threads whenever someone fucking leaves and throw shade at the admins. Repeating the same shit over and fucking over isn't going to fix it or make shit better WE KNOW ALREADY. Sitting here day in and day out shitting on the same 4 people isn't helping or will improve their will to want to get on same with dink. Whenever he is alive instead of letting him fix shit you bombard him with shit like new models or more op guns that are all back burner shit that can wait.

TLDR everyone needs to get their shit together and stop pointing fingers cuz three point right back at you
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(02-03-2020, 10:33 PM)Near Wrote: *sighs seeing another adressing the problem thread*

Now look at TTT our problems are with regulars no less using slurs or starting chains so others can complete, going on alts and basically trolling only to throw a trantrum when staff warns em for it, and exploiting and frankly I don't know what the fuck you guys want anymore. We ban u get mad we don't you keep doing it cuz you didn't get in trouble and finally Staff and player alike cock block any type of reform or suggestions i can think of multiple ones that lace suggested just for everyone to say no to despite it being a good recommendation imo or staff not wanting to get stricter cuz they like the toxicity

TLDR everyone needs to get their shit together and stop pointing fingers cuz three point right back at you

Not gonna write an entire essay, even though I want too. I told myself to mostly stay out of this and I plan to. As near said, it isn't one person/group/clique that is at fault. There are regulars that will regularly push rules and troll. We're not a huge staff team, partly because staffing is awful. I try my hardest to punish equally and fairly but at the end of the day, I still feel like a piece of shit when I ban my friends for things. I banned laced for constantly breaking the slur rule and had to physically get off and take a break. You can't get rid of favoritism no matter how hard you try. I've been trying my hardest to crack down on regulars abusing their positions and bending rules. The rules haven't gotten stricter, it's just me attempting to push for tighter and consistent punishments.  

At the end of the day, it's just a game. I join nearly everyday because I generally enjoy playing. However when you have to deal with new players trolling and rdming, then on TOP of that having to deal with regulars that know the rules, it really wears you down. I try to make Dink's a place to have fun, I really do. This is not just the admins fault. This is not just Dink's fault. This is a culmination of toxicity from nearly every aspect. It will only change if people actually decide to care about this community. 

This is kinda rambley so I'll stop there. Like I said, at the end of the day it's just a game. All this drama and toxicity is not welcomed nor needed.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(02-03-2020, 10:48 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 10:33 PM)Near Wrote: -snip-

I banned laced for constantly breaking the slur rule and had to physically get off and take a break. You can't get rid of favoritism no matter how hard you try. I've been trying my hardest to crack down on regulars abusing their positions and bending rules. The rules haven't gotten stricter, it's just me attempting to push for tighter and consistent punishments.

Apologies again for that, but I needed to prove a point. I should've been banned ages ago. For a lot longer. I've done so much with the knowledge that I wouldn't be punished because I know the staff. This needed to happen. Shouldn't have done it the way I did, but it's about the principle more than the act itself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgS50Y06...tu.be&t=30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z26BvHOD_sg
[Image: 2xSVh9p.gif]