Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please nerf the KRISS Vector
The Vector is averaging about 22 damage a shot to the body at short-medium range. This is easily repeatable by just looking at damagelog in any given round. This is ridiculously high for an SMG (more on this later in this post). On top of all this, the Vector has one of the highest (possibly the highest) fire rate of any weapon on the server and only takes ~2.10 seconds to get a full mag of 25 bullets off. Rounding down in this case at 20 damage a hit, the damage per second is 238 which is stupid high. [See attached image GettingKilledInOneSecond].

Now if you take a look at all the other images I have attached as well, the damage per hit and rate of fire of most other weapons is much lower and is annoying to fight the vector against with these weapons

The highlights from my janky work i did in paint in like 2 minutes

Mac 10: Average damage to body 5-8 per hit
P90: Average damage to body 12 per hit
MP9: Average damage to body 9-16 per hit [Honestly seems like random spread as most of these are to the chest]
MP5 Navy: Average damage to body 7-12 per hit
M16: Average damage 16 per hit
KRISS Vector: Average damage to body 22 per hit
Galil: Average damage to body 15 per hit
Famas: Average damage to body 15 per hit
Aries: Average damage to body 8-14 per hit

So the damage difference between the vector and any other SMG/Rifle is 6 which is 28% stronger than any other weapon in this list. I did not include the Mp7, Aug, or Pulse rifle as they are generally the same caliber with lower fire rate/low mag size and generally weaker. Didn't want to have to do any more testing but this is a list of the most used weapons in the server.

The fact that the Vector has the mag size it does, with it's fire rate and also the fact that you start with the maximum ammo you can hold makes it very frustrating to fight against all the time. I am sure that a lot of people also agree with this as well. If there was any way that it could get a nerf to make it on par with the other weapons of like 13-16 damage per hit, it would be much more balanced. As it stands, you can shoot someone with the M16 [a rifle] it takes 7 hits assuming you get no head shots, while the vector with similar recoil that shoots 3 times faster only kills someone in 5. In a game where it only takes 5-8 shots a hit to kill someone, a gun that can kill someone in 5 instead of 7 makes a huge difference, especially when the gun is a bullet hose.

Please either reduce the damage by like 6-8 per hit or give the gun more recoil along with a lower fire rate.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

All Weapons are currently in the works of being re-balanced to improve gun play. I sent some of the changes to Dink, and the changes should be live on the test server.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
There was a weapons update on the way, but one of the people working on it was community banned
I'd agree if dinks fucking fixes shitregs with most of the other guns 10bullets of the m16 not even registering when all were headshots
make it stronger
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
(09-28-2019, 08:10 PM)Christian Wrote: All Weapons are currently in the works of being re-balanced to improve gun play. I sent some of the changes to Dink, and the changes should be live on the test server.

could we get a brief overview of what the hopeful changes were, (I don't need numbers, just saying something like AK damage raised, or vector accuracy lowered would do)
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
(09-30-2019, 06:03 PM)Saitama Wrote: could we get a brief overview of what the hopeful changes were, (I don't need numbers, just saying something like AK damage raised, or vector accuracy lowered would do)

These are the changes currently on the test server, at least that is what Dink has told me. Though these changes are not finalized, I'm currently still trying to find a middle ground for each and every weapon. I however haven't been messing with them as much recently, since Laced is now gone, and he and I had a really good picture on how we wanted to improve the gun play. I've also been occupied with Classic WoW. I'll try and pick a day to sit down, and relook through some of these when I get the chance. I can't make any guarantees, but I still want to improve gunplay the best I can.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lbhu2oDpISbMMcxPBp5x-Qmu319bHibvjXGE9452xmo/
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Thank you

wait.. is the mp7 the one that had the broken ammo pickup?
where you could not pick up any ammo ever
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
(10-02-2019, 12:46 PM)Saitama Wrote: Thank you

wait.. is the mp7 the one that had the broken ammo pickup?
where you could not pick up any ammo ever

Correct. That was one of my main focuses was to replace the broken lua file we had, and replace it with the m9k version. Since it also does not have a dogshit mspaint reticle.