Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please staff please take this into consideration
(03-30-2020, 12:47 AM)Noire Wrote: As an admin once told me; Warns don't just go away in one day. However, that's for us to keep up with, in our staff discord, hence why we have a #players to watch channel

That is exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of. I just want to make sure a person doesn't banned 24 hours for a first offense after getting a shorter ban the day before
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
(03-30-2020, 12:49 AM)⭕⃤ Eternal Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:40 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:35 AM)Saitama Wrote: Maybe institute a temporary rule where after a certian number of warns, the gags start, and after a certian number of gags, they are banned for maybe 10 minutes, ramping up to an hour, and then day bans from there, resetting the process the next day (giving people who had a bad day some leeway)?

This is already the rule. The problem isn't that the rules aren't strict enough, the problem is they're not being enforced properly.

Honestly. IMO I believe staff have the issue/concern of when to actually utilize the command.  Abuse of commands can lead to issues such as demotion. In addition, within the server there is many trolls and they're constantly growing at an annoying rate.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Yes, there have been an increase in trolls in the past week or so for obvious reasons. I personally haven't witnessed anything out of the ordinary concerning the use of staff commands in quite a while, nor have I seen any particular staff member having an issue figuring out when to use commands.
I would help the mods with the whole "gag" part, but i am on thin ice there, and they seem to not like it when the noises that prevent people from thinking go away sometimes. I think. Half the time I have no clue what the fuck I am saying.

Also, for the record, I am requesting that the requirements, at least for gagging, be more strict and less lenient.

(03-30-2020, 12:44 AM)Noire Wrote: Laced is right lol, those are the rules we have now. Staff should basically
Gag/Mute Warn ( like 1 minute )
Round Mute/Gag
Kick
Day Ban

If the staff aren't doing that then... well, looks like we need to reevaluate me and the other members of the staff team.

The breakdown is occurring at the "gag" step.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
Being the staff member that I am, yes I will take this into consideration.
It should easily be handled with the usual steps. The worst I see is multiple people ganging up at once, providing a headache to a lonely staff member. Other than having more staff (there's a decent amount as is) i don't know what else to tell you.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
(03-30-2020, 01:02 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:35 AM)Saitama Wrote: Maybe institute a temporary rule where after a certian number of warns, the gags start, and after a certian number of gags, they are banned for maybe 10 minutes, ramping up to an hour, and then day bans from there, resetting the process the next day (giving people who had a bad day some leeway)?

This is already the rule. The problem isn't that the rules aren't strict enough, the problem is they're not being enforced properly.

Honestly. IMO I believe staff have the issue/concern of when to actually utilize the command.  Abuse of commands can lead to issues such as demotion. In addition, within the server there is many trolls and they're constantly growing at an annoying rate.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Yes, there have been an increase in trolls in the past week or so for obvious reasons. I personally haven't witnessed anything out of the ordinary concerning the use of staff commands in quite a while, nor have I seen any particular staff member having an issue figuring out when to use commands.

I state this due to the mere fact of the server rather being large and not enough staff at times. It's rather difficult to track down people because you have to listen by ear. There can be a numerous amount of people and it can be difficult to find that one person making ape sounds. Which leads who should I gag/mute?
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
(03-30-2020, 10:15 AM)⭕⃤ Eternal Wrote:

I state this due to the mere fact of the server rather being large and not enough staff at times. It's rather difficult to track down people because you have to listen by ear. There can be a numerous amount of people and it can be difficult to find that one person making ape sounds. Which leads who should I gag/mute?

Being a former staff member, it boils down to paying attention. The person who's icon lights up right when the ape noises start is the culprit 99% of the time.
(03-30-2020, 11:54 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 10:15 AM)⭕⃤ Eternal Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 12:40 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote: This is already the rule. The problem isn't that the rules aren't strict enough, the problem is they're not being enforced properly.

Being a former staff member, it boils down to paying attention. The person who's icon lights up right when the ape noises start is the culprit 99% of the time.

Ok, it is still a issue within the community to detect who. As I expressed to you previously, it's getting more and more complex to handle these trolls as they're growing at a rate. Within the server there is a balanced amount of whom would actually like to play and trolls. It's just the point of feeling overwhelmed as well, this in which correlates to my previous point of abuse of commands and making a possible hasty action. Any how, I stated my opinion we can close it off here I do not feel as if it's needed to be expanded. If you would like to further proceed this conversation we can conduct such by Discord.
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
I would like a rule for "do not use your mic if you sound like you're 9" too. Not everyone who sounds young, just if you sound like you just left the womb
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
just let me unresign and i'll fix it
[Image: gYIxK93.png]