Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please staff please take this into consideration
As a person who suffered Saitama's loudness, getting gagged multiple times for doing ape noises, and banned for yawning, I can reassure you that the current rule sounds good on paper but when it comes to practice its a big gray area, deciding if it was mic spam or not. Staff understands micspamming differently and punishes players on their own accord. For me, the rule should stay the same, it's just the staff that needs to figure it out, between themselves, the standard line of the micspamming.

Gonna leave you on this thought. \/ \/ \/

[Image: VMaNvKL.png]
[Image: 0e7d9b52b0a8da003d3bf791934a67c3.gif]

[Image: ngt65CF.gif]
(03-30-2020, 02:15 PM)Uriel\is Wrote: As a person who suffered Saitama's loudness, getting gagged multiple times for doing ape noises, and banned for yawning, I can reassure you that the current rule sounds good on paper but when it comes to practice its a big gray area, deciding if it was mic spam or not. Staff understands micspamming differently and punishes players on their own accord. For me, the rule should stay the same, it's just the staff that needs to figure it out, between themselves, the standard line of the micspamming.

Gonna leave you on this thought. \/ \/ \/

[Image: VMaNvKL.png]

Its not like I have my voice transmit at almost quarter volume or anything. Oh wait, that is exactly the case. Try turning down your headphones.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
Staff do what they can and what they're able, Gaging and muting are one of the most enforced rule in my opinion, I gag more people than I post ban requests, not only can staff gag or mute donors can. When gaging for anything other than retarded ape noises and screaming, so any other gag is up to staff to decide if they would be doing the right thing. An example would be arguing , harassment, slurs, politics, or singing with singing it's technically allowed if staff or donors believe they're good. Some staff will gag for the gay slur and others won't, but it's really hard to pinpoint what's micspam when so many staff and donors have different opinions
[Image: q0SdkAI6QPaeF9Oi-uqjbA.png]

[Image: NcxeGyl-THSvKxgssH34Pg.png]
(03-30-2020, 02:45 PM)Saitama Wrote: Its not like I have my voice transmit at almost quarter volume or anything. Oh wait, that is exactly the case. Try turning down your headphones.
Glad you enjoyed my meme, sir. More coming up.

(03-30-2020, 03:04 PM)daeganislegit Wrote: Some staff will gag for the gay slur and others won't, but it's really hard to pinpoint what's micspam when so many staff and donors have different opinions
+1
[Image: 0e7d9b52b0a8da003d3bf791934a67c3.gif]

[Image: ngt65CF.gif]
(03-30-2020, 03:04 PM)daeganislegit Wrote: Staff do what they can and what they're able, Gaging and muting are one of the most enforced rule in my opinion, I gag more people than I post ban requests, not only can staff gag or mute donors can. When gaging for anything other than retarded ape noises and screaming, so any other gag is up to staff to decide if they would be doing the right thing. An example would be arguing , harassment, slurs, politics, or singing with singing it's technically allowed if staff or donors believe they're good. Some staff will gag for the gay slur and others won't, but it's really hard to pinpoint what's micspam when so many staff and donors have different opinions

gagging* sorry daegan ツ
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
(03-30-2020, 02:45 PM)Saitama Wrote: Its not like I have my voice transmit at almost quarter volume or anything. Oh wait, that is exactly the case. Try turning down your headphones.

What a shit argument. Someone mic spamming that I can't hear anything in game? "Try turning down your headphones." Who cares about mod/admin managing the situation lol.

This whole thread would be fine and dandy if saitama wasn't the one posting it. He must be trolling at this point. The dudes mic literally ear rapes the whole voice chat and blocks off anyone who's trying to speak and he gets no warning or anything meanwhile someone who yawns get banned smh.

Regarding the situation I think the rule should get reinforced (or modified) and mods/admins should only gag within the limits of what the rule specifies. Currently the rule states - "Chat and mic spam are never allowed. Singing (unless you're really good and we like it), yelling, and excessive speaking are all mic spam. Loud or annoying arguments that prevent other from enjoying the game will also be shut down." I keep getting gagged for saying a single word like "oga" or "kfc" every few rounds (mostly by Cryptic Salsa) just because I was banned for mic spamming and USED TO DO actual monkey sound micspamming. Under the definition of that rule saying a single word every few rounds isn't defined as micspam and how many times I asked Cryptic to specify what I did and how does it fit the rule the lad just responded "you micspammed, you said "oga"".

I get that you are trying to crack down on the whole ape gang stuff but this is a bit extreme, ain't it?
(03-30-2020, 04:21 PM)CrAcKbOnE Wrote:

What a shit argument. Someone mic spamming that I can't hear anything in game? "Try turning down your headphones." Who cares about mod/admin managing the situation lol.

This whole thread would be fine and dandy if saitama wasn't the one posting it. He must be trolling at this point. The dudes mic literally ear rapes the whole voice chat and blocks off anyone who's trying to speak and he gets no warning or anything meanwhile someone who yawns get banned smh.

Regarding the situation I think the rule should get reinforced (or modified) and mods/admins should only gag within the limits of what the rule specifies. Currently the rule states - "Chat and mic spam are never allowed. Singing (unless you're really good and we like it), yelling, and excessive speaking are all mic spam. Loud or annoying arguments that prevent other from enjoying the game will also be shut down." I keep getting gagged for saying a single word like "oga" or "kfc" every few rounds (mostly by Cryptic Salsa) just because I was banned for mic spamming and USED TO DO actual monkey sound micspamming. Under the definition of that rule saying a single word every few rounds isn't defined as micspam and how many times I asked Cryptic to specify what I did and how does it fit the rule the lad just responded "you micspammed, you said "oga"".

I get that you are trying to crack down on the whole ape gang stuff but this is a bit extreme, ain't it?

You and you gang of trolls were warned repeatedly, and then stopped doing it as often in an attempt to get around that. Some mods don't appreciate attempts to undermine their power, or that of the rules.

Also, I have gotten confirmation from some staff that my mike is fine volume wise.

The only people who I know of that seem to have trouble with the volume of my mic are people who exhibit large amounts of trollish behavior.
(03-30-2020, 04:33 PM)Saitama Wrote:

You and you gang of trolls were warned repeatedly, and then stopped doing it as often in an attempt to get around that. Some mods don't appreciate attempts to undermine their power, or that of the rules.

This part literally has nothing to do with what I said. You're pretty much saying that mods are allowed to do anything and shouldn't abide by the rules set by the server so we wouldn't "undermine their power". Also, your conspiracy falls flat when you take to account that the last ape gang micspam happened almost a week ago (at least from what i've seen) during which i was barely involved, since i was just unbanned for it and was only gagged two times (one of which was for yawning).

Also "You and you gang of trolls" why am I getting called the biggest provocative for all of this lol when a) I didn't start it b) there are people who do it a lot more than me c) I wasn't asking anyone else to do it with me nor did I start this whole "movement". You, Ethan and Nicol Bolas keep creating conspiracies that I message people what to do. Maybe people flame your microphone or speak against Uriel ban not because I told them to do so, but because they have actual opinions on the matter? I literally only have two people from the server on my friends list (one of whom is Brown) so that I am telling people to do something is delusional on your part (also I'm pretty sure no one else is telling them to do anything and you are using this conspiracy just to undermine actual criticism). 

I said it numerous times that I'll make sounds that fit within the rules of the serve. My example was not against the !motd. If you want to get rid of any monkey sounds than just mention or specify it in the !motd.

As for the rest I guess I'll just lower my volume and going by your logic guess you should do the same :)
(03-30-2020, 05:20 PM)CrAcKbOnE Wrote: Saitama

This part literally has nothing to do with what I said. You're pretty much saying that mods are allowed to do anything and shouldn't abide by the rules set by the server so we wouldn't "undermine their power". Also, your conspiracy falls flat when you take to account that the last ape gang micspam happened almost a week ago (at least from what i've seen) during which i was barely involved, since i was just unbanned for it and was only gagged two times (one of which was for yawning).

Also "You and you gang of trolls" why am I getting called the biggest provocative for all of this lol when a) I didn't start it b) there are people who do it a lot more than me c) I wasn't asking anyone else to do it with me nor did I start this whole "movement". You, Ethan and Nicol Bolas keep creating conspiracies that I message people what to do. Maybe people flame your microphone or speak against Uriel ban not because I told them to do so, but because they have actual opinions on the matter? I literally only have two people from the server on my friends list (one of whom is Brown) so that I am telling people to do something is delusional on your part (also I'm pretty sure no one else is telling them to do anything and you are using this conspiracy just to undermine actual criticism). 

I said it numerous times that I'll make sounds that fit within the rules of the serve. My example was not against the !motd. If you want to get rid of any monkey sounds than just mention or specify it in the !motd.

As for the rest I guess I'll just lower my volume and going by your logic guess you should do the same :)
It was against the MOTD the moment the mods told you to stop.
This interruption brought to you by logic
Ape noises are considered mic spam, are annoying, and will be considered as trolling and/or a troll group so long as it continues by the “ape gang” or other parties

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon