Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removal of Indoorpool
Okay, so I am seeing people on both sides of this possible map removal. Maybe, what we could do is keep the map for now and find a map similar in size and setup. Then, we can at the very least take this map out of rotation for awhile and let people experience something new but not out of the ordinary.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(06-06-2019, 05:54 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: All someone has to do, is download the map, edit the stuff needed to be edited and then reupload.

Travis... is not that simple, we had to contact the creator of the map to edit it first so no copy right strikes......just like youtube man.....also the creator could of left steam for all we know, we had to renamed the map since its not the original as well as adding new spots to not hide in as well. It more work than necessary to do, it like editing the Mona Lisa into your own design without having outrage people at your back for stealing someone print that made them famous for it, its too risky.....
[Image: sukuna-evil-laugh.gif]
[Image: YWj4Wn.gif]
So regarding dimmsdale whoever stated it should be added, we're actually working on that, hillrop had done some editing for us to remove some props, and fix some small issues, it was retested this week.

As for removal of indoor pool since it's so divided, we'll probably just lower the rate of appearance in the map vote (since it is in it a LOT) and work on adding some of the new maps we found.
Stay tuned folks.
(06-07-2019, 02:59 PM)Ryuji Sakamoto Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 05:54 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: All someone has to do, is download the map, edit the stuff needed to be edited and then reupload.

Travis... is not that simple, we had to contact the creator of the map to edit it first so no copy right strikes......just like youtube man.....also the creator could of left steam for all we know, we had to renamed the map since its not the original as well as adding new spots to not hide in as well. It more work than necessary to do, it like editing the Mona Lisa into your own design without having outrage people at your back for stealing someone print that made them famous for it, its too risky.....

Considering this has been done to numerous maps on TTT and DR, I think a Steam GMOD map is different than a prized painting considering it's a community effort.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]

It IS that simple. Garry's Mod maps don't fall under copyright law, considering nobody in their right mind would patent a map on a video game (also because the map is made using hl2+other source material that isn't owned by the person making the map). One of our TTT Moderators, Reed, has edited numerous maps for us to fix/make things better, and we've never had an issue there. It is common courtesy to ask permission of the map creator, however. It's not hard to rename/edit a map. 

Also, the Mona Lisa, according to this informative page, isn't protected by copyright either, considering the painter, Leonardo Da Vinci, died over 70 years ago, which is the amount of time a copyright is good for after the person who patented the work/item had died. Plus, I don't really think people care if you edit the Mona Lisa unless you blatantly steal it and attempt to claim that it is your own work, which nobody on this planet is dumb enough to believe.

tl;dr just do what Travis said

edit: If you need a better explanation of copyright law and how it works, let me know and I'll be happy to accommodate you.

Gmod doesn't have a copyright strike system and you can't copyright a community addon for gmod. Gmod uses textures and models from games like css and hl2 both properties of Valve(aka Steam). It's just common courtesy to ask before doing it. In my last ph community we separated the chalet addon so Night and Day were two different addons. (slightly different, but along the same idea of editing a gmod addon.) No one got mad or upset about it.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
I can edit the map to add more prop hiding spots that can make the map more enjoyable - I understand outside the map can be unfair for some players and I will either get reed or Hillrop to help set this map up since no one really own it, Like a barrier like reed did with Deathrun but for ph on the roof.
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cd7d5c95557653041...=giphy.gif]
(06-08-2019, 10:13 AM)Accel Wrote: I can edit the map to add more prop hiding spots that can make the map more enjoyable - I understand outside the map can be unfair for some players and I will either get reed or Hillrop to help set this map up since no one really own it, Like a barrier like reed did with Deathrun but for ph on the roof.

Everyone can get out of the map. Hunters, props, no jump pack. There is no real reason for it to be illegal or inaccessible.
(06-08-2019, 11:05 AM)[Red]Starky Wrote:
(06-08-2019, 10:13 AM)Accel Wrote: I can edit the map to add more prop hiding spots that can make the map more enjoyable - I understand outside the map can be unfair for some players and I will either get reed or Hillrop to help set this map up since no one really own it, Like a barrier like reed did with Deathrun but for ph on the roof.

Everyone can get out of the map. Hunters, props, no jump pack. There is no real reason for it to be illegal or inaccessible.

The problem isn't that people cant get out, the problem is that people cant get back once they fall off the roof. If a prop is down there a hunter pretty much has to sacrifice themselves to kill it. At best staff have to tp the player back into the play area.
(06-08-2019, 11:09 AM)§6SEMBER_UNO Wrote:
(06-08-2019, 11:05 AM)[Red]Starky Wrote:

The problem isn't that people cant get out, the problem is that people cant get back once they fall off the roof. If a prop is down there a hunter pretty much has to sacrifice themselves to kill it. At best staff have to tp the player back into the play area.

Makes sense, maybe just set the barrier to where they can't fall down instead.