Poll: Are you interested in Special Rounds returning?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
92.86%
13 92.86%
No
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TTT] Gauging Public Opinion
Hello everyone. I just wanted to gauge some opinions and thoughts about something I have been messing with. TTT used to have a plugin known as Special Rounds, however it unfortunately broke some time ago and without official support from the creator it had to be removed.

I am currently messing around with a new special rounds plugin, although at this time I cannot guarantee it's inclusion at this time as I am mostly just testing it.

It's called Power Rounds. Some of you may already be familiar with it. I am still early in making sure it works well with TTT. At this time it's doing well, I haven't come across many bugs yet. However I am still looking into it.

The Special round would likely happen once a map automatically (at this time I am testing it happening at round 3 every map) but can be voted for and can happen once more for a total of 2/6 rounds in a map being special(this also may just be disabled and only allow it to happen if voted for). The first player votes for a round they want, then there is 60(configurable) seconds for other players to vote for the round they want. Most votes for a special round win. Each special round can only happen once a map, so no duplicates. One big difference with this addon and the old one is that there are no "detriment" rounds like control inversion or flipped screens.
Current list of Rounds
  • Knife battle -Everyone is an innocent with a knife. Last one alive is the winner!

• Headshots only - Self explanatory. Normal TTT rules apply!

• Team Deathmatch -Half of you are traitors, other half detectives. It's a fight for your team!

• Shuffle DM -You are split in 2 teams, each time someone dies they get moved to opposite team. Team that has no more players loses.

• Sudden death -Everyone has 1 HP! Normal TTT rules apply.

• Disguised mode - Everyone is disguised. Normal TTT rules apply.
  • Slow Motion - The whole game is 2 times slower for this round!

• Low gravity - The gravity is 3 times lower for this round!

• No communication - Chat and voice communication is disabled!
  • Free for All: Everyone is innocent, Karma is disabled. Last one alive wins. (This one was created by me)

Some of these modes will likely not make a potential final cut, but that's for a later decision. For now, I want to gauge a public opinion. Is this something the playerbase wants to see returned to TTT?
[Image: b_560x95.png]
as long as there in no inverted rounds +1
former admin2
honestly sounds pretty A1, an infected mode returning would be nice.

rewards would be pretty cool as well.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(03-19-2020, 08:38 PM)Noire Wrote: honestly sounds pretty A1, an infected mode returning would be nice.

rewards would be pretty cool as well.

I have messed around with creating special rounds, as I created the Free for All one. However I don't think my lua skill is enough to make an infected mode. If anyone in the community with knowledge in that area wants to give it a shot, please message me on Discord.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(03-19-2020, 08:41 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 08:38 PM)Noire Wrote: -snip-

I have messed around with creating special rounds, as I created the Free for All one. However I don't think my lua skill is enough to make an infected mode. If anyone in the community with knowledge in that area wants to give it a shot, please message me on Discord.

I've got barebones lua knowledge but also a friend who freelances in software development. He knows his way around a few languages, including lua.

I'd love to look over it myself and let him see what he could try.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
Yes
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
special rounds being removed is what keeps me up at night
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
sr made me sane add it back
[Image: q0SdkAI6QPaeF9Oi-uqjbA.png]

[Image: NcxeGyl-THSvKxgssH34Pg.png]
I come back briefly to say that slow motion rounds are ass. I go back to dead now.
(03-19-2020, 08:27 PM)Deadpool Wrote: as long as there in no inverted rounds +1

Do not remind of that hellacious experience.  I dont think I have ever gotten over the PTSD of those rounds
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!