Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TTT] Thoughts on: Better Buy Menu, Teambuy Notifications, and aTags.
Hey everyone, just thought I'd gather some quick feedback on some potential server addons. These are currently live on our test server and are being considered. It also serves as a little update of what I've recently been doing.
I'll rank these in order of "considered-ness" if that makes sense. Basically from most considered to least-but-still considered (Don't question it, it's late)

1. Better Equipment Menu: Basically a re-vamped equipment menu that is customizable and allows you to favorite items, meaning they stay at the top of the list.
  2. Teambuy Notifications: Sends an alert whenever a teammate purchases something. Fairly simple.
  3. aTags: Purely cosmetic, this is a chat plugin allowing tags and colored names much like prophunt's plugin. However this one wouldn't delete chat. This is fairly low-priority and is mostly being experimented with at the moment.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
ive used the first one and i really like it. the second one seem like a nice add imjust not fond of the chat thing because we have roles that change the colour of the text for say detective or traitor
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
yes to 1 and 2.
3 is ifffy to me
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
aTags is an excellent addon for making chat tags, provided you know how to use it and know how to make chat tags that don't look terrible. It requires no custom chatbox, so chat scrolling is not a problem.

(01-22-2020, 11:27 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Download. Colors are located in cl_chat_apple_tag.lua

Alternatively, Apple's Chat Tags is a lighter weight addon that provides consistent colors for the most part already configured (by me). I personally enjoy this one, since there isn't another menu to mess with in game, but it can only be edited via a file.
First 2 im for 3 is a no i don't want people running with colors that are associated with roles
[Image: J6yUs0g]
a better equipment menu would be something new and nice for a change, making it easier to find things
teambuy notifications seems like a good idea so you don't accidentally buy the same thing as your other traitors in case communication isn't your strong-suit, but i'm wondering what it will look like once the round starts where everyone is buying body armor/bold booze and disguisers/radars; is it client-side customizable so i can move the popup somewhere else/completely disable it?
i have no opinion on 3 mainly because i don't see the chat needing a revamp
No dont take yourself too seriously

[Image: F3fpSyJ.gif]
(03-02-2020, 02:21 AM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
  1. Better Equipment Menu: Basically a re-vamped equipment menu that is customizable and allows you to favorite items, meaning they stay at the top of the list.
  2. Teambuy Notifications: Sends an alert whenever a teammate purchases something. Fairly simple.
  3. aTags: Purely cosmetic, this is a chat plugin allowing tags and colored names much like prophunt's plugin. However this one wouldn't delete chat. This is fairly low-priority and is mostly being experimented with at the moment.

Better Equipment is very useful for it's search bar feature. Also there is more wiggle room to increase / decrease icon size, and how many items you can have shown in a row. Also a Favorite feature that filters all Favorites Items at the top of the buy menu. This would be a good add.

Teambuy I'm a lil iffy on. Though I see it being useful for whenever a Traitor buys something like a C4,Jihad,etc, This is something that could just be annoying if someone is just purchasing Body Armor. If we can filter this to display only select items, I think this would be a fine add as well.

aTags idk. I think this would be somewhat useful just to give Chat Tags for Staff Memebers, but it's something that isn't really needed imo.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Looks good for the first one

I agree with christian on the second one. I learned that t buddies will get you killed so seeing the jihad buy when you’re both in a crowd would be nice, but otherwise I don’t care what they buy so meh

Third no.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Well, looks like I can agree with most people here. I'm all for 1 & 2 because they're just q-o-l changes which are always welcome.
As for three. no, ttt does not like colour
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(03-02-2020, 12:42 PM)Noire Wrote: As for three. no, ttt does not like colour

but why doe