Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test or KOS?
I agree with others in putting test or kos in ot only, it can ruin your t round so fast.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

(12-15-2019, 06:32 PM)DuckBentley Wrote: This will be abused, and is big dumb

Traitors have too many handicaps already. The rules protect their asses so hard, it's ridiculous. And look I get it, they're outnumbered in size,  they deserve some sort of cushion. Adjusting the Test or KOSing until OT, and changing the Stop Following rule balances out in both teams favor imo. Actually more for the Traitors so you're not targeted.

I fail to see how this will be abused, as Test or KOSing is arguably more abusable.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Just run from the detective
test or kos should only be valid if the person is under suspicion for being a traitor, not because the detective saw them first
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(12-15-2019, 06:53 PM)Christian Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 06:32 PM)DuckBentley Wrote: This will be abused, and is big dumb
I fail to see how this will be abused

Following is incredibly subjective, no matter how you write a rule about it. It'd end up being a case-by-case basis. "oh he followed me down a corridor for 5 seconds so I shot him". People would get pissed and argue. There are more than enough that do that already. Staff have enough on their plate as is, and shouldn't have to look at the deathscene every time someone kills someone because they were being "followed".  Yes targeting and following are an issue, but just making a rule that says "Following is kosable" is a horrible idea that will be abused. The rule would have to be heavily explained with various examples....not that it would matter since half the server doesn't read the rules anyway.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
+1. Test or KOS is dumb and can ruin someone's T round.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
(12-15-2019, 09:26 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: Following is incredibly subjective, no matter how you write a rule about it. It'd end up being a case-by-case basis. "oh he followed me down a corridor for 5 seconds so I shot him". People would get pissed and argue. There are more than enough that do that already. Staff have enough on their plate as is, and shouldn't have to look at the deathscene every time someone kills someone because they were being "followed".  Yes targeting and following are an issue, but just making a rule that says "Following is kosable" is a horrible idea that will be abused. The rule would have to be heavily explained with various examples....not that it would matter since half the server doesn't read the rules anyway.

3 Warnings, 5 Seconds apart, for a total of 15 Seconds to stop following is reasonable enough. Which is also more than enough time to be shown into Deathscenes. As for the "staff shouldn't have to look at the deathscene every time someone kills someone because they were being "followed" part, that's the point of Staffing. You're going to have reports like that all the time, that's just how it is being a Staff Member.

I also hope Staff aren't just going off Damagelogs. Because you should really be going off all things. Deathscenes, Damagelogs, and Shotlogs on a case by case basis. I hate using "Moat" as an example, but they used the "Stop Following or KOS" at all times, and it worked fine. No one ever complained, pissed, or moaned about getting killed for being followed. Though they made all warnings be bound to a key / text chat, so it makes it easier for Staff to handle in reports.

Obviously yes, different community as a whole, but saying this will be abused? That's a stretch imo.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(12-15-2019, 09:36 PM)Christian Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 09:26 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: Following is incredibly subjective, no matter how you write a rule about it. It'd end up being a case-by-case basis. "oh he followed me down a corridor for 5 seconds so I shot him". People would get pissed and argue. There are more than enough that do that already. Staff have enough on their plate as is, and shouldn't have to look at the deathscene every time someone kills someone because they were being "followed".  Yes targeting and following are an issue, but just making a rule that says "Following is kosable" is a horrible idea that will be abused. The rule would have to be heavily explained with various examples....not that it would matter since half the server doesn't read the rules anyway.

3 Warnings, 5 Seconds apart, for a total of 15 Seconds to stop following is reasonable enough. Which is also more than enough time to be shown into Deathscenes. As for the "staff shouldn't have to look at the deathscene every time someone kills someone because they were being "followed" part, that's the point of Staffing. You're going to have reports like that all the time, that's just how it is being a Staff Member.

I also hope Staff aren't just going off Damagelogs. Because you should really be going off all things. Deathscenes, Damagelogs, and Shotlogs on a case by case basis. I hate using "Moat" as an example, but they used the "Stop Following or KOS" at all times, and it worked fine. No one ever complained, pissed, or moaned about getting killed for being followed. Though they made all warnings be bound to a key / text chat, so it makes it easier for Staff to handle in reports.

Obviously yes, different community as a whole, but saying this will be abused? That's a stretch imo.

I already proposed the following rule because the 3 warnings with 5 second interval was the rule my last server had. It worked fine there as well.

Also yes.
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊
ContrarianGuy back for another post.

Firstly, this one thing has been brought up countless times and has yet to be changed. If you find yourself near a Detective when the round starts, you have a few options. Some of them you won’t like: run, fight, die. If you’re a Traitor, you have an entire shop of crap you can use to get rid of the Detective. Yeah, sometimes a Detective spawns right next to you. Usually, you’ll be with a group of people and can just run away without drawing attention to yourself. If the round already starts and you wander next to a tester, either learn the maps and avoid testers, or pay attention and stay away from Detectives.

Following someone should never be a KOS because there are too many possibilities. If I’m in the basement of 67th_way and I want ammo or if I want to go to the tester room, I have to go through a hallway. If I’m following someone down there, should I be killed because I’m just so happening to be following someone? Do I have to turn around and not get ammo that I need? That’s dumb. The TTT radio has a “I’m with [player]” bind. Use that, or use your mic to tell people who you’re with. Telling someone to stop following you three times in five second intervals is stupid too. If someone is a Traitor, they’re usually going to be dissuaded from following you if you say that you’re with them.
Test or sus would be great