Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Hopes and Dreams of A Prop Hunt Bean
The Dinkleberg community is fantastic since I've started playing I've had nothing but good experiences! There are however a few things that could possibly be improved upon to make it easier for players and staff.

1. The UI for the teams is nice looking however not really practical when it comes to looking for players since you have to scroll down a lot. So the fix that I can think of for that is to set up the TAB menu to be vertical instead of horizontal so there is a clear distinction between who is on props/hunters. Also, move the in-game counter to rank up so it isn't blocking the hunter timer.
  2. The spectator team should have a lock on it so people can't join it. And add an AFK timer to auto-kick players who are sitting in unassigned. (Just makes it easier for the mods so they don't have to yell at others for it).
  3. Just overall bug fixes, I can see arms that appear over props sometimes. There is a huge lag spike when opening up the F3 (inventory) menu. Player models are kinda glitchy on the inventory tab, and Props can's taunt sometimes when you press C.
  4. Make unassigned chat/mic invisible or unable to be seen/heard by people who are playing to prevent ghosting.
  5. Slight adjustments to the level-up system swap master/regular's order (just the names).
  6. Slight artistic changes to the loading screen, lighter blues, and a less "blocky" look. (Is there just needs some more love to look like Butch Hartman's work)
  7. Get better at warning players, like implement warning system that keeps track of those who have been warned instead of relying on the human element.
  8. Being gagged should last a map instead of just a round since that isn't a very long time. Plus there should be an auto ungag feature so the mods don't have to keep typing it out whenever the map changes.
  9. PUT A LEADERBOARD IN AND MAKE IT PRETTY. So competitive Sona Tryhards have something to look forward too.
     I really hope this will be taken into consideration since I really love this community and hope it continues to grow. The staff is always supportive and the regulars are fun to chat with, it's refreshing after dealing with an endless sea of cancerous children.

P.S. Sorry if this sounds a little impossible, I have no clue how to do the server owner Lua, stuffs

Edited and updated (again) 6/8/2018
 A S T H E T I
WI agree with this 100% Except for the leaderboard
+1 I agree with most of this but I would also like to see the Kliener factory map added in as a replacement for one of the smaller, more dull maps.
-1 this minus will only apply to the leaderboard as most servers that add it die as the server will get really competitive turning new players away eventually killing the server.
+1 Totes my goats agree.
+1 I'm a prop hunt player and I approve of this message
+1 I meep this message.
+1 Understandable. I totally agree with the warning system within the server. As well as the gag thing. Players being gagged for a single round is kind of strange on my end cus it mostly causes more problems. Players causing problems in the mic should honestly stay gagged for the rest of the map.
Addition to this, I think that ghosting should be a bigger priority over team switching. Just a thing I wanted to add.
A warning system would be beneficial(I think they discussed this for ttt at one point). I would suggest AWarn2 for the features it has and what you described you wanted. You can warn them via a menu, and the player sees the warning/reason in chat. You can also see a log of all previous warnings a player was given. It also allows you to set up a feature where if they get so many warnings in an amount of time it will temp ban them. 
Otherwise these seem to be some pretty good suggestions.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(05-02-2018, 09:40 PM)[orange]Daddy Minute Wrote: +1 I agree with most of this but I would also like to see the Kliener factory map added in as a replacement for one of the smaller, more dull maps.
-1 this minus will only apply to the leaderboard as most servers that add it die as the server will get really competitive turning new players away eventually killing the server.

We have the leaderboard feature on TTT and Murder and I don't really think it makes it any more competitive. Most people don't even use it anyway because it requires you to hit the F6 button to actually see it. I doubt most new players would even know where to find it. For those that play a gazillion hours at once, it might be fun to see at least a little recognition.
+1... especially for the warnings...i think those would just make staff life a little less chaotic.
The warnings we had also popped up on the screen and the player had an agree/disagree option. They couldn't continue gameplay without choosing one. Disagree kicked them from the game while agree let them continue playing. If they continued playing without changing their behavior, they could be punished as this showed they had willingly agreed to stop and then refused to stop. This also prevents the 'i didnt see/hear you' complaint because they literally can't continue playing without seeing the warning and picking a choice.

I have also noticed that personal mutes arent working in game anymore which is bad especially when staff isn't on and 5 children are all troll screaming over mic in server and you can't do anything about it.

Also agree with the gags lasting a full map and the auto ungagg at the start of a new map loading. I saw a kid get gagged for literally 5 seconds the other day because of the 'one round' rule and the gag happened almost at the end of the round (it may also be necessary to regag children on a new map if they were gagged in the last round or two of a map). It was not enough to calm the child down or get them to change their actions and created more unnecessary work for staff who had to gag/ungag/gag/ungag again.

Some staff should maybe also have a perma-gag option.... like maybe full mods or admins... This way players who continue to break mic rules but not other rules can simply have their mic usage revoked while continuing to play. We had some of that going on on Sona.

And warnings in general are probably one of the only things I don't agree with on the server. I'm fine with the rules. The staff are generally ontop of things, though they need a bit more communication between themselves sometimes just for convenience sake so people arent doing the same thing at the same time and voiding out actions or causing road blocks... But I have noticed the verbal warning system needs to be better. Staff generally tells players not to do something while immediately applying a punishment and not really explaining what is going on. So someone who mic spams or ghosts just gets told 'dont do that' and gets muted for a round and then unmuted the next. I feel that a definition bind for the rule being broken could help explain things while the player should get a definitive ' -insert player name- no -ghosting/micspam/other broken rule'. This way the players know who is being spoken to, what they personally are doing, and how that is breaking the rules. Not all players know what ghosting or mic spam is, and to be fair, the definition differs from server to server. Some servers allow music over mic while others dont. Some servers allow self ghosting or false ghosting while others dont, and like i said, not everyone knows what those words mean. I'm all for punishment if someone refuses to change their behavior, but I'm also all for giving them every tool they need in order to know how to change their behavior. Some players are just gonna be jerk wagons and keep ghosting. Some players ghost because they dont know what ghosting is and how its against the rules. Sometimes a simple explanation is all thats needed to change that, and I think that should be offered.

And I agree with the names list in the tab menu being sized correctly and stacked in teams side by side with spectate being closed to staff only, and afk being auto kicked after 10-15 minutes. That would help staff out a lot. And the names being listed that way would help me a lot. Scroll doesn't work well for me and sometimes I miss a handful of the names because scroll immediately cuts to the very bottom or the very top of the list and i miss the in-between. That makes it to where I sometimes can't mute people because their names are hidden. I just want to mute the children that insist on playing vacuum blender screamo sex over mic D: