Unban 25sea09 again
Ingame Name: 25sea09

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:60728857

Who Banned You: bilbo dildo or whatever the fellas called

Reason For Ban: Harassment & bounty calling

Length of Ban: perm

Reason for Mods to Unban: I'm Not so much looking for an unban but there isn't a thread to change ban reason which I'd call my primary objective here. Realistically, I didn't harass anyone. At least that's the conclusion I've been forced to come to because of the lack of clear definition of harassment within the motd. Using the harassment definitions used by google and facebook, I didn't do anything remotely similar to harassment. Harassment to google is "aggressive pressure or intimidation", and facebook has a bigger list that, I assure you, does not apply to what I did. The word the ban request most likely meant was trolling, which I absolutely did. Here is the proof of the trolling (https://imgur.com/a/pl2M86X). I didn't harass anyone because I only messed with people who took the bait, with the exception of Scoovie who didn't acknowledge me until he eventually greeted me, at which point I let him alone. I reckon that the harassment section of the motd should probably be expanded on a little bit, but that being said I'm not of a mind that what I did was necessarily worthy of a perm. That's probably best left up to the big wigs with the ! commands though, so I'll press onward. I said at the beginning of this text that I am not necessarily looking to be unbanned here, and while that is the truth, I would certainly appreciate some consideration for an unban here. I trolled and called bounties, and even if we assume that warning is a one and done thing, persisting even over years, I should be looking at around a week for trolling (though it could be argued that given my past of consistently trolling to some small degree more harsh measures should be taken), and less than that for bounties. If, on the other hand, these multiple offenses do not carry over many months, I should be slain for one round, warned, and gagged/ muted temporarily. What is most important to me here is that the reason for my ban is changed to "Trolling/Bounties" as it is a more accurate depiction of what happened.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): yes, but the threads are on old forums.

Other: If you fellas want to ban people for messing around for stuff similar to what was going down, define harassment and add in something along the lines of "asking questions that don't need to be asked, especially using admin chat". While I am quick to break rules, I appreciate well written, clearly enforced rules. When either the definitions or punishments for rules are missing in their explanation, they become less valid and weaker. This also stands when rules are used as a weapon to ban people who annoy the staff instead of as a bulwark against players with malicious intent. I don't believe that what I have done is deserving of a permanent ban, but I also acknowledge that that is not my call to make.
@Dildo Shwaggins  u mean
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
(03-24-2019, 08:45 PM)Sharky Wrote: @Dildo Shwaggins  u mean

thats
probably
him
I would like to add to this that he was trying to get other players to help him mass and was constantly asking lower staff how many people he could rdm without getting banned for Mass.
(03-24-2019, 09:06 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote: I would like to add to this that he was trying to get other players to help him mass and was constantly asking lower staff how many people he could rdm without getting banned for Mass.

This is correct. I was never given an answer for that mass question, shame on you guys.

EDIT: I also asked if conspiracy to commit rdm was a punishable offence, which was never answered and as it isn't in the motd, it isn't really relevant here unless to corroborate that I was trolling.
(03-24-2019, 09:08 PM)25sea09 Wrote: This is correct. I was never given an answer for that mass question, shame on you guys.

EDIT: I also asked if conspiracy to commit rdm was a punishable offence, which was never answered and as it isn't in the motd, it isn't really relevant here unless to corroborate that I was trolling.

Potato and I (the ones you asked) had only been staff for a day or two and were instructed not to answer your questions due to the fact you were a known troll and to let higher ups handle it.
(03-24-2019, 09:17 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote:
(03-24-2019, 09:08 PM)25sea09 Wrote: This is correct. I was never given an answer for that mass question, shame on you guys.

Potato and I (the ones you asked) had only been staff for a day or two and were instructed not to answer your questions due to the fact you were a known troll and to let higher ups handle it.

Yep, that's fair enough.
+0

So I'll start by saying I'm overall indifferent whether you get unbanned, reduced, etc. and would rather leave it up to the admins to see what happens, but this whole thread feels kinda trolly. You've been a known troll in the past as has already been said in this thread, but what really makes me believe that this unban request is quite possibly a troll in itself is that you're pulling the "it's not clear in the MOTD" or "I should be unbanned because it doesn't specifically say this in the rules" and "technically x is (definition according to something)" defense when there are certain things in this situation that contributed to the decision of the ban being permanent for now. And if you see the TTT Rules right under the header there's the sentence "Note that the punishments below are general guidelines that should be followed in most situations, but staff may issue punishment with some discretion depending on the context of a situation." I've seen plenty of trolls try that as a defense, and this seems pretty similar to arguments that I've seen trolls have on the server with staff. 

And why I issued a permanent ban has to do with context. First off, all of what you said combined is pretty clearly a lot of trolling, whether it was meant to be "harassment" or not, and even you said yourself (link for convenience) "if there's a mod in the game I'm gonna harass them". On top of that, you were calling bounties which is its own separate rule. So, combined by breaking several rules and having a history of bans for similar cases in the past, the context of the situation is what I believed to be worthy of a permanent ban. As for the malicious intent thing, trolling without malicious intent is not what this looks like at all and it was not taken as such by many on the server that night. There are ways to harmlessly troll, but bounties and trying to incite RDM are not considered harmless. So, maybe I should have put trolling as the ban reason to be more accurate, but in the end, it was my discretion at the time that all things considered a permanent ban was worthy. 

If the admins see fit to reduce it, I'm fine with that, but I don't see what you're really trying to accomplish with this besides nitpicking the rules that have a disclaimer that staff discretion can be used situationally when something isn't specifically covered. I try not to abuse that discretion to put wildly out of line punishments on people, and it would be pretty clear if staff did that often. I don't feel your ban was out of line, but again, if it is, that I would leave to the admins.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(03-24-2019, 11:20 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: +0

So I'll start by saying I'm overall indifferent whether you get unbanned, reduced, etc. and would rather leave it up to the admins to see what happens, but this whole thread feels kinda trolly. You've been a known troll in the past as has already been said in this thread, but what really makes me believe that this unban request is quite possibly a troll in itself is that you're pulling the "it's not clear in the MOTD" or "I should be unbanned because it doesn't specifically say this in the rules" and "technically x is (definition according to something)" defense when there are certain things in this situation that contributed to the decision of the ban being permanent for now. And if you see the TTT Rules right under the header there's the sentence "Note that the punishments below are general guidelines that should be followed in most situations, but staff may issue punishment with some discretion depending on the context of a situation." I've seen plenty of trolls try that as a defense, and this seems pretty similar to arguments that I've seen trolls have on the server with staff. 

And why I issued a permanent ban has to do with context. First off, all of what you said combined is pretty clearly a lot of trolling, whether it was meant to be "harassment" or not, and even you said yourself (link for convenience) "if there's a mod in the game I'm gonna harass them". On top of that, you were calling bounties which is its own separate rule. So, combined by breaking several rules and having a history of bans for similar cases in the past, the context of the situation is what I believed to be worthy of a permanent ban. As for the malicious intent thing, trolling without malicious intent is not what this looks like at all and it was not taken as such by many on the server that night. There are ways to harmlessly troll, but bounties and trying to incite RDM are not considered harmless. So, maybe I should have put trolling as the ban reason to be more accurate, but in the end, it was my discretion at the time that all things considered a permanent ban was worthy. 

If the admins see fit to reduce it, I'm fine with that, but I don't see what you're really trying to accomplish with this besides nitpicking the rules that have a disclaimer that staff discretion can be used situationally when something isn't specifically covered. I try not to abuse that discretion to put wildly out of line punishments on people, and it would be pretty clear if staff did that often. I don't feel your ban was out of line, but again, if it is, that I would leave to the admins.

I guess thats all fine and dandy, but if there are clearly defined punishments for trolling I think it would make sense to use those instead of giving me a ban for harassment which I did not do. This could be easily avoided if the motd had clear paramaters for what is harassment, but as it doesn't we have to go by outside definitions, and those just do not support the idea that I harassed anyone.

I would also like to take this time to look into who the screenshots and ban request came from. JustKuono is a testmod who has a history of harassing (actual harassment btw... aggressive pressure and intimidation) people who she does not get a long with. She was literally just denied moderator status because she has tried to get people into trouble by overblowing things in the past. That does not absolve my sin, but if you look at the screen shots again, ask yourself if it's really worthy of a permanent ban.
So, I am going to stick my input in here very quickly, you were asked by multiple staff, donors, and members of the community on server at the time to stop harassing Scoovie. You even clearly stated, "...if theres a mod in the game im gonna harass them", you then continuously asked all the staff online and if I'm not mistaken a donor or two how many people you would have to RDM before it would be counted as Mass RDM, then how long an RDM + leave x2 ban would be and came across as if you were planning to RDM. This had gone on for a few hours before I asked a Moderator to come on and ban you for harassment of other staff and calling bounties which to a relief is clearly stated in the rules. 
If you're going to try to discredit me and the ban request, I highly suggest you take a look at the evidence provided in the ban request and the witnesses there as it was very obvious Scoovie did not wish to speak with you and you had been banned previously by Traitor/Paradox for the same situation and came back doing the same thing. It is clear you are not mature enough to learn the first time. 
You also came into the Discord and acted in quite a trolly manner as well. Staff, donors, and other members of the community gave you the proper materials to check the rules and write your unban request, you refused to listen to anyone and continued to seemingly argue with anyone and everyone to then which an Admin had to mute you. 
-1 for unban or reduction as you would clearly be an issue within the community, a kind of issue we surely do not need.
Evidence Evidence 2
At this time I will mention those who were involved in this situation
@Scoovie @Penguinslayer4 @DoYouLiftBro @"Eternal" @"Traitor"
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.