Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unjustified Slain
Format
Use the format below when reporting staff. Fill all fields to the best of your ability.

Offender's Name: EpicGuy

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:69946133

Offender's Rank: Moderator

What They Did: I was slain for killing a guy that I caught throwing a body off the side of the building in the map canyon, he claimed the body was body bombed but there was no way of me knowing that. I killed him and he claims that I RDMed him because the KOS was taken off of him yet I did not follow it, him considering I saw him throw the body off the side of the building unidentified. It was not RDM as it was not random, it was with a good reason which obviously is not being seen by this moderator apperantly. In the MOTD it says  "Killing someone who called a legitimate kos based on the below reasons may yield a slay."
Knowingly walking past or failing to identify an unidentified body 3
That being said, it's obvious that, that player (Mr.Mackey) was breaking the rules which completely justifies my KOS and kill on him, which should have led to his report being put to the side as a misunderstanding or something else that didin't result in me being slain unfairly.

When They Did It: Wed, January 10 2018 around 9:00PM EST

Potential Witnesses: N/A

Proof:     

Other:
@EpicGuy
[Image: V3riwMP.jpg]A Bowl Of Soup
[Image: dinks.jpg]

It doesn't take away from the fact that the body was indeed body bombed and he obviously knew that. You could have put high sus on him, if anything, but you were in the wrong. If he said it was body bombed, especially before you killed him, that is RDM since you killed him. This is just an outsiders point of view. It sucks that you were slain but to me it was not anywhere near staff abuse
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8146001]
I HAVE ALL THE MILK  I RAN OUT OF MILK  OKAY I LOST THE MILK!!!
(01-10-2018, 10:06 PM)Milk Man "Santas Bitch Wrote: It doesn't take away from the fact that the body was indeed body bombed and he obviously knew that. You could have put high sus on him, if anything, but you were in the wrong. If he said it was body bombed, especially before you killed him, that is RDM since you killed him. This is just an outsiders point of view. It sucks that you were slain but to me it was not anywhere near staff abuse
^
former admin2
(01-10-2018, 09:41 PM)Conspiracy (2) Wrote: What They Did: I was slain for killing a guy that I caught throwing a body off the side of the building in the map canyon, he claimed the body was body bombed but there was no way of me knowing that. I killed him and he claims that I RDMed him because the KOS was taken off of him yet I did not follow it, him considering I saw him throw the body off the side of the building unidentified. It was not RDM as it was not random, it was with a good reason which obviously is not being seen by this moderator apperantly. In the MOTD it says  "Killing someone who called a legitimate kos based on the below reasons may yield a slay."
That being said, it's obvious that, that player (Mr.Mackey) was breaking the rules which completely justifies my KOS and kill on him, which should have led to his report being put to the side as a misunderstanding or something else that didin't result in me being slain unfairly.
Going to quote this so you can't edit it later. Wow, another one. These aren't fun anymore. I had a feeling it'd come to this. I wish it hadn't. Firstly, happy New Year. Hopefully, your 2018 has gotten off to a great start. Enough of the pleasantries, let's start.

I slayed you for killing @Mr. Mackey, an Innocent player. According to you, you killed Mr. Mackey because he threw an unIDed body off the side of a building. You didn't believe him. That's fine. This is a game of skill as much as it is a game of trickery. I wouldn't believe him either. But the KOS on him was called off. If you look at the logs, you'll notice how nobody shot him, except for you. So either you weren't paying attention, or you wanted to kill him.

The rules do say that "killing someone who called a legitimate kos based on the below reasons may yield a slay." But what you fail to realize is that what you've copied and pasted (and conveniently left out) proves my decision to be in the right. You killed Mr. Mackey; you didn't call a legitimate KOS on him. He didn't identify the body because there was a body bomb attached to it. Of course he's not going to identify the body. Had he identified the body and you were near it and died, you would have reported him. Tell me you wouldn't. I highly doubt it. Here's the sentence that is immediately before that sentence: "If anything comes up that is not covered by what is shown below, it is to be handled at staff discretion." Nowhere in the list of things that are KOSable does it say that you can kill someone if they say there is a body bomb attached to a body. Why? Because like you said, you don't know. They could be lying, or they could be telling the truth. Since you can't tell if he's telling the truth or not, the most you can do is put high suspicion on him. Because of that line (that you left out), it is ultimately my decision to slay you. You killed him; he was Innocent, you were Innocent, you were slain.

One thing I don't like about TTT is the acronym "RDM." The problem is that most RDM isn't random. But that doesn't mean what you did wasn't wrong. RDM doesn't mean "random deathmatch" all the time. It could mean mowing someone down for no apparent reason. That's not random. That's calculated and intentional. When someone kills 3 or more people, do we ban them for mass RDM? Yes. Was their actions random? No. Does that mean we shouldn't ban them for mass RDM? No. That'd be insane. Let's bring that back to your case. Was your kill random? No. It was calculated. Were you in the wrong? Yes. Should you be slain for it because you were in the wrong? Yes.

Let's put ourselves in the shoes of Mr. Mackey, Conspiracy (2). If Mr. Mackey were you and you were Mr. Mackey, would you want yourself slain in the same situation? I'm sure the answer is yes. Why? Because he didn't listen to you. You said that that body had a body bomb on it and that little rascal completely ignored you and mowed you down. You'd be livid if you were killed. Let's think of another scenario. Mr. Mackey killed a Traitor and got his knife. Mr. Mackey is running around with a traitor's knife, something he can do because he earned that knife. You run into Mr. Mackey, and you ask him why he has a knife. He says it's because he killed a traitor and picked it up off of him. Do you believe him? If you don't believe him do you kill him because he has a traitor weapon? If you do, you'd be slain for RDM. What are the common points between those two scenarios? Both times Mr. Mackey commits a "traitorous" act. In one he drops an unIDed body, in the other, he is openly wielding a T weapon. In both cases you have to take his word because you have no proof that he's lying or telling the truth, meaning you can't KOS because you have no hard evidence. You can kill him, but when you're proven wrong, you can't be mad. You took a gamble, and you lost. That's not his fault, and it certainly isn't my fault that you killed someone after they told you why they had an unIDed body in their hand.

To wrap things up, Mr. Mackey was not breaking the rules. He was disposing of a body that had a body bomb on it so no Innocents would be killed when they inevitably identify it. Maybe next time he should ID the body next to you so he can kill you and prove to you that the body had a body bomb on it. When you acknowledge that the KOS on him was taken off, when Mr. Mackey is obviously proven because other people are calling a KOS on him off, and you kill him, I have no sympathy for you. If what I'm saying still doesn't make sense, let me say this: Mr. Mackey is proven, you killed a proven player. You're in the wrong. You get a slay.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense. It's 10:30 and I can't put my thoughts into words like I'd like to. 

TL;DR: If someone says that a body has a body bomb on it, I'd believe them. Unless you want to ID the body and be on the hook for anyone you kill. Also, RDM doesn't necessarily mean "random." Calculated kills are still RDM. I'm going to slay you if you go out of your way to kill someone, especially after being told that 1) there was a body bomb on the body and 2) the KOS on Mr. Mackey being taken off. If the Admins decide that I am in the wrong, I have no problem apologizing and taking a slay.

P.S. You said some very mean things to me in admin chat. My feelings are bruised, and I don't know how I'm going to be able to live with myself after what you said. I might have to jump off my roof because you called me a mean word. Get a grip. Pictures in the imgur link below.

Imgur link includes: original report, logs showing no one shooting Mr. Mackey aside from Conspiracy, Spike buying a body bomb, Conspiracy's words (not that I care, but why not include them?)

Thanks for reading.

I refuse to edit a post in an abuse thread for transparency. I forgot the imgur link. Here it is: https://imgur.com/a/rpJ4j

It looks like it edited the post anyway. feelsbadman
(01-10-2018, 10:52 PM)EpicGuy Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 09:41 PM)Conspiracy (2) Wrote: What They Did: I was slain for killing a guy that I caught throwing a body off the side of the building in the map canyon, he claimed the body was body bombed but there was no way of me knowing that. I killed him and he claims that I RDMed him because the KOS was taken off of him yet I did not follow it, him considering I saw him throw the body off the side of the building unidentified. It was not RDM as it was not random, it was with a good reason which obviously is not being seen by this moderator apperantly. In the MOTD it says  "Killing someone who called a legitimate kos based on the below reasons may yield a slay."
Going to quote this so you can't edit it later. Wow, another one. These aren't fun anymore. I had a feeling it'd come to this. I wish it hadn't. Firstly, happy New Year. Hopefully, your 2018 has gotten off to a great start. Enough of the pleasantries, let's start.

I slayed you for killing @Mr. Mackey, an Innocent player. According to you, you killed Mr. Mackey because he threw an unIDed body off the side of a building. You didn't believe him. That's fine. This is a game of skill as much as it is a game of trickery. I wouldn't believe him either. But the KOS on him was called off. If you look at the logs, you'll notice how nobody shot him, except for you. So either you weren't paying attention, or you wanted to kill him.

The rules do say that "killing someone who called a legitimate kos based on the below reasons may yield a slay." But what you fail to realize is that what you've copied and pasted (and conveniently left out) proves my decision to be in the right. You killed Mr. Mackey; you didn't call a legitimate KOS on him. He didn't identify the body because there was a body bomb attached to it. Of course he's not going to identify the body. Had he identified the body and you were near it and died, you would have reported him. Tell me you wouldn't. I highly doubt it. Here's the sentence that is immediately before that sentence: "If anything comes up that is not covered by what is shown below, it is to be handled at staff discretion." Nowhere in the list of things that are KOSable does it say that you can kill someone if they say there is a body bomb attached to a body. Why? Because like you said, you don't know. They could be lying, or they could be telling the truth. Since you can't tell if he's telling the truth or not, the most you can do is put high suspicion on him. Because of that line (that you left out), it is ultimately my decision to slay you. You killed him; he was Innocent, you were Innocent, you were slain.

One thing I don't like about TTT is the acronym "RDM." The problem is that most RDM isn't random. But that doesn't mean what you did wasn't wrong. RDM doesn't mean "random deathmatch" all the time. It could mean mowing someone down for no apparent reason. That's not random. That's calculated and intentional. When someone kills 3 or more people, do we ban them for mass RDM? Yes. Was their actions random? No. Does that mean we shouldn't ban them for mass RDM? No. That'd be insane. Let's bring that back to your case. Was your kill random? No. It was calculated. Were you in the wrong? Yes. Should you be slain for it because you were in the wrong? Yes.

Let's put ourselves in the shoes of Mr. Mackey, Conspiracy (2). If Mr. Mackey were you and you were Mr. Mackey, would you want yourself slain in the same situation? I'm sure the answer is yes. Why? Because he didn't listen to you. You said that that body had a body bomb on it and that little rascal completely ignored you and mowed you down. You'd be livid if you were killed. Let's think of another scenario. Mr. Mackey killed a Traitor and got his knife. Mr. Mackey is running around with a traitor's knife, something he can do because he earned that knife. You run into Mr. Mackey, and you ask him why he has a knife. He says it's because he killed a traitor and picked it up off of him. Do you believe him? If you don't believe him do you kill him because he has a traitor weapon? If you do, you'd be slain for RDM. What are the common points between those two scenarios? Both times Mr. Mackey commits a "traitorous" act. In one he drops an unIDed body, in the other, he is openly wielding a T weapon. In both cases you have to take his word because you have no proof that he's lying or telling the truth, meaning you can't KOS because you have no hard evidence. You can kill him, but when you're proven wrong, you can't be mad. You took a gamble, and you lost. That's not his fault, and it certainly isn't my fault that you killed someone after they told you why they had an unIDed body in their hand.

To wrap things up, Mr. Mackey was not breaking the rules. He was disposing of a body that had a body bomb on it so no Innocents would be killed when they inevitably identify it. Maybe next time he should ID the body next to you so he can kill you and prove to you that the body had a body bomb on it. When you acknowledge that the KOS on him was taken off, when Mr. Mackey is obviously proven because other people are calling a KOS on him off, and you kill him, I have no sympathy for you. If what I'm saying still doesn't make sense, let me say this: Mr. Mackey is proven, you killed a proven player. You're in the wrong. You get a slay.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense. It's 10:30 and I can't put my thoughts into words like I'd like to. 

TL;DR: If someone says that a body has a body bomb on it, I'd believe them. Unless you want to ID the body and be on the hook for anyone you kill. Also, RDM doesn't necessarily mean "random." Calculated kills are still RDM. I'm going to slay you if you go out of your way to kill someone, especially after being told that 1) there was a body bomb on the body and 2) the KOS on Mr. Mackey being taken off. If the Admins decide that I am in the wrong, I have no problem apologizing and taking a slay.

P.S. You said some very mean things to me in admin chat. My feelings are bruised, and I don't know how I'm going to be able to live with myself after what you said. I might have to jump off my roof because you called me a mean word. Get a grip. Pictures in the imgur link below.

Imgur link includes: original report, logs showing no one shooting Mr. Mackey aside from Conspiracy, Spike buying a body bomb, Conspiracy's words (not that I care, but why not include them?)

Thanks for reading.

I refuse to edit a post in an abuse thread for transparency. I forgot the imgur link. Here it is: https://imgur.com/a/rpJ4j

This shouldn't be a case of believing someone based on what they said about the body bomb and more if mr mackey was proven. if mackey wasnt proven then why is Conspiracy under obligation to believe him? What stops a traitor from just saying it a body bomb to get rid of the evidence? If in this situation if mr mackey was lying and he was just trying to get rid of evidencem you wouldn't have slain Conspiracy. whether or not it was body bombed or not refusing to ID a body is still kosable and you cant know its a body bomb until its IDd. Since no where in this thread you said mr mackey was proven I'm going to assume he wasn't, so correct me if I'm wrong about that, But at the end of the day while good as the intention may be, was still kosable unless he was proven. You have to look at the information Conspiracy has which was an unproven was throwing an UnID body off the map with a unverifiable excuse.
(01-11-2018, 12:54 AM)Mallakk Wrote:

Thanks for reading.

This shouldn't be a case of believing someone based on what they said about the body bomb and more if mr mackey was proven. if mackey wasnt proven then why is Conspiracy under obligation to believe him? What stops a traitor from just saying it a body bomb to get rid of the evidence? If in this situation if mr mackey was lying and he was just trying to get rid of evidencem you wouldn't have slain Conspiracy. whether or not it was body bombed or not refusing to ID a body is still kosable and you cant know its a body bomb until its IDd. Since no where in this thread you said mr mackey was proven I'm going to assume he wasn't, so correct me if I'm wrong about that, But at the end of the day while good as the intention may be, was still kosable unless he was proven. You have to look at the information Conspiracy has which was an unproven was throwing an UnID body off the map with a unverifiable excuse.

Actually you’re wrong because you can hear a body bomb when it’s placed on a body. Are you going to ID a body knowing you’re going to die? No you’re not, you’re gonna be a good inno and dispose of the body so no one dies. And like EpicGuy said, if he had ID’d the body they both would have died and he would have been reported for RDM. Like I said, he could put sus on him, but that’s really about it because the only other way of proving it was if conspiracy himself a said “let me ID the body and check” and then he would have died.
(01-11-2018, 01:07 AM)Milk Man "Santas Bitch Wrote:

Thanks for reading.

Actually you’re wrong because you can hear a body bomb when it’s placed on a body. Are you going to ID a body knowing you’re going to die? No you’re not, you’re gonna be a good inno and dispose of the body so no one dies. And like EpicGuy said, if he had ID’d the body they both would have died and he would have been reported for RDM. Like I said, he could put sus on him, but that’s really about it because the only other way of proving it was if conspiracy himself a said “let me ID the body and check” and then he would have died.

You can hear the body bomb but the slam makes the same sound for one, and you dont know which body. Again the fact still stands if he isnt proven the he has no reason to believe him and he is doing something kosable. mackey options were to ID the body behind a while and he wouldnt have died or just told him to ID himself and get blown up if he wants but by throwing it off the map he removed any way to verify his story.
(01-11-2018, 01:16 AM)Mallakk Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 01:07 AM)Milk Man "Santas Bitch Wrote:

Thanks for reading.

You can hear the body bomb but the slam makes the same sound for one, and you dont know which body. Again the fact still stands if he isnt proven the he has no reason to believe him and he is doing something kosable. mackey options were to ID the body behind a while and he wouldnt have died or just told him to ID himself and get blown up if he wants but by throwing it off the map he removed any way to verify his story.

But isn’t that same thing as if let’s say you hear shots being fired and walk in and I had just killed an inno but I was also an inno but I called him out and stated he was attempting to RDM. He was shooting me first and I told you this which means HE was RDMing. You have 2 options, kill me and be slain (which happened here) or belive me and nothing happens. Although I will agree with you if Mr. Mackey didn’t say anything then yes EpicGuy would be in the wrong but he did say it was body bombed before he attempted to get rid of it.
I'm going to stop quoting to stop this wall of text but the differnce in those two situations is that while killing and inno and not IDing a body are both kosable, there is an exemption made for killing someone in self defense and there isnt one made for not Iding a body.