Wrongfully perma'd (AGAIN)
Ingame Name: aeth0r

SteamID: STEAM_1:0:49182606

Who Banned You: Dildo Swaggins

Reason For Ban: Player banned permanently for consistent rdm/prop rdm without staff on

Length of Ban: PERM

Reason for Mods to Unban: 
Yet again I am perma'd with no context, this time it is because of the notorious Guru Drak who is known to twist things for his own sake.

(These screenshots were used in Guru's ban request)

http://i67.tinypic.com/14wt74z.jpg 
The reason I killed him here is because I heard the AWP shot by TheBeanis which I thought was Guru because he was facing toward me when I looked at him with a scoped rifle. 
(Notice how the shot was taken 8 seconds before I killed Guru so I'm not bullshitting. Also the round was near an end with 4 ppl alive so I figured it was reasonable to kill him! He also didn't ask me why I killed him.)

http://i67.tinypic.com/rw8kd5.jpg
As for this kill, I was certain Bobato killed the guy he had just indentified so I killed him. I would like to see the logs for that..

http://i67.tinypic.com/ru8arb.jpg
As far as targeting goes, I'm pretty sure everyone on the server knows Guru is not the brightest TTT player and he's become a meme at this point, I do not target him I talk shit to everyone. (This is mutually known)

http://i65.tinypic.com/e7kkjr.jpg
Also if I was RDMing so much wouldn't my karma be lower than 952?

I admit I propkill sometimes but it is mostly pre-round for shits and giggles and I'm not the only one that does it. I was playing yesterday and was teleported into the sky and forced to fall to my death on 2 different occasions by an inactive mod and an active mod so I doubt pre-round is taken that seriously. At times I do propkill during the game but only when the players have been afk, and yes I know I must wait until overtime, sorry. I'm also pretty sure propkills do show in the logs because you lose/gain points for propkills but I could be mistaken.     

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): 
Was wrongfully perm'd once but was later lifted.

Other: I introduced my friend to the server a couple days ago and he has notified me that there is talk about my ban going on in the server. It seems that I have the support of the community and they have come to a mutual agreement that Guru was just being Guru.. I would directly quote them but harsh words were used.
I'm also a Member on the server and was close to Master until my hours were randomly reset along with others for some reason. 

I think I deserve a reduction.. I appreciate anyone who +1's
The ban request made against you didn't have much evidence, I don't think it was very ban worthy.
i'm gonna give a +1 for reduction as long as you change the way you do things when staff aren't on, because i've witnessed you rdm when no staff are online on several occasions. just because no staff are on doesn't mean you have free reign to rdm and do whatever. 

also, with the whole situation with guru, i think we can agree that the targeting/harassment of him needs to stop. i know he isn't the brightest TTT player, and he plays a lot more of a slow game than the rest of us do, but he deserves the same amount of respect that the rest of us get. i'm not saying you in particular target him, because i know you talk shit to everyone on the server. 

the whole "oh i bet it's guru lol delay delay funni meme xd" or "is that guru disguised?" among other sayings/shit that's said about guru needs to just stop. honestly, it really isn't even funny at this point. it's repetitive and fucking annoying to hear every single round.

again, i'm not speaking directly to you, but to the server as a whole.

tl;dr stop harassing guru everyone thanks

edit: also, logs don't show prop kills, i've checked for it multiple times and haven't found a thing.
(08-02-2018, 06:21 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: tl;dr stop harassing guru everyone thanks

To be fair, he does instigate it very often. Back when I played he would constantly accuse me of cheating (bhopping) and attempt to get me in trouble. There's a reason it seems like Guru is always being harassed.
So from the descriptions you've given I can identify one case of Metagaming, and one case of pure and simple RDM.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
Okay, so here's my comments on this. So guru messaged me a few days ago on the forums saying that you, Aeth0r, were constantly prop killing people while no staff were online and the only way to stop you was to "kill you" which that in itself sounds like complete chaos to me. At the time of this message, @"Guru Drak" provided no kind of proof of this at the time so I decided to get on and take a look for myself because a story like that is something I can't just ignore and say "oh just get screenshots next time". When I got onto the server I found these here: https://imgur.com/a/0TTQt2C (added brief & vague descriptions to the images if you don't feel like reading the next part which goes more in depth.)

Basically in these images you will see three blatant rdms in these screenshots, two of which being prop kills and another being an incend grenade which made no sense to me to throw, and what appears to be an attempted RDM. Note that these occurred in different rounds & a previous map in one case. Then the next screenshot after that shows me messaging Guru when I got onto the server asking him to elaborate more on what happened as I thought I didn't find as much as I thought I would given the original forums story. Then Guru says that he wasn't prop killed but rather started to launch props at people whether they were afk or not, damaging them or killing them. (which in this appeal you did state that you do tend to prop kill people that are afk which further makes what I'm about to say next more convincing)     In the next screenshot, you will see that the world ends up killing people, one of which being Guru. The way guru explained you launching props at people, it would make sense that it would say that the world killed the users. Now obviously it can't be fully verified that Aeth0r did in fact kill these people, but the way it was explained and the fact that Guru also messaged me saying that he witnessed him launching these props at people kill them and then was later killed himself makes the story very convincing in my mind. Then the last two screenshots after that are more examples of the possibly that Aeth0r did kill these people the very same way. Again, it cannot be fully verified that Aeth0r did commit these last few deaths but it is rather convincing that he did in my personal opinion. 

To wrap things up, I'd like to first say as these events in these screenshots above did happen a few days ago and I myself didn't exactly know at the time if this was enough for a ban given the last few screenshots as they were mostly circumstantial evidence. So because of that I messaged some of the admins including @matt_st3 (Strongrule) and @Deadpool to get their opinions on what I had and they both said I should continue to keep a close eye on this. Then came the ban request made by Guru which from what I can tell shows a case of metagaming as well as a case of pure RDM, then there's your recent ban on top of this.
You only have proof of me killing 3 people with props on different rounds. The incen was thrown with warning and ppl were running into it to try and lower my karma (this is common).. As far as the other kills go there is no proof of me killing them, could have been someone else. You said it yourself that it can't be fully verified, seems like you trusted Guru's word (who is not Trusted) and decided to perm me. Like I said it's not like I'm the only person who does this. Usually people would give a temp ban for these things and not a perma considering the fact that I'm relatively known on the server and have many hours invested.

Also if you were on the server why was I not given slays? Or a day ban? Week? I still think I deserve a reduction.
(08-02-2018, 08:31 PM)aeth0r Wrote: You only have proof of me killing 3 people with props on different rounds. The incen was thrown with warning and ppl were running into it to try and lower my karma (this is common).. As far as the other kills go there is no proof of me killing them, could have been someone else. You said it yourself that it can't be fully verified, seems like you trusted Guru's word (who is not Trusted) and decided to perm me. Like I said it's not like I'm the only person who does this. Usually people would give a temp ban for these things and not a perma considering the fact that I'm relatively known on the server and have many hours invested.

Also if you were on the server why was I not given slays? Or a day ban? Week? I still think I deserve a reduction.

Gabe just explained why it's a perm. The evidence from the logs both Gabe and Guru collected show intentional prop rdms alone over the course of multiple rounds, which is considered consistent/constant rdm and is bannable alone. On top of that, you admitted to metagaming and there is proof of it and metagaming alone is a 2 week ban for first offense. Being relatively known on the server does not change those being the general punshments for those offenses, and both of them combined contribute to a longer ban. I'd be okay with a reduction to a month or 2 for 2 reasons- some of the evidence is circumstantial and there are no videos for the "world killed x" for those kills, and the possibility of the people walking into incendiaries.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Explain to me how I was metagaming

If you're talking about what I said about Guru always sitting in the water then you're mistaken, I was just explaining the situation. The only reason I killed Guru was because I heard an AWP come from his direction and when I was turned toward him, he was facing me, so I killed him. The round was in OT iirc with 4 ppl alive so that's enough reason to kill him. It was already known he was in the water at the back of the map because I was outside with him.
just noticed in the second one you killed off of suspicion and then didn't even ID the body. the logs in the screenshot show me ID'ing it and then pulling your DNA from it, and i think i killed you for it? i don't remember.

edit: i know that doesn't help all that much, but killing someone because you suspect they killed someone they just ID'd (unless you saw it happen or they were kosed) is RDM if the round isn't in OT.