Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
You can (Not) apply for T-Mod
Ingame Name: Battons

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:49498579

Time Played: 168.9 hours

When First Joined: March 14, 2018 7:00 PM

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Typically any time after i'm done working which right now is after 8 pm cst.

Sponsor(s): @"WILD" 

Rank Desired: Trial Moderator/D-Tmod

Current Rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community: "In Exho's TTT I was instantly promoted to a Moderator with 2 hours on the server because he is a good friend of mine and I stayed at the rank till his server died." Some of you may remember this quote from my previous trusted application. I didn't get much out of him but I was able to at least talk to Exho give me creditablity. Here. I used to be one of the highest regarded staff on his server when it was around and while he wasn't staff there @Christian was actually a part of Exho's TTT back in the day. All of that said I am very well trained in making decisions swiftly and while push-back can be an issue i'm very hard to sway when it comes to things like peer pressure when it comes to players that negatively affect everyone else's experience. Overall I think by being entrusted with more responsibility I can prove that I am a valuable member of the staff team, due to my level headedness when I am handling trolls/reports, and my fair assessment when it comes to punishments.

Why you want to help the community: Everyone has welcomed me and accepted me as a member of Dinkleberg's TTT. this newfound friendship I have made with others is why I have a desire to pay back for everyone's kindness and foster an environment where people can develop friendships and play TTT without much concern of people ruining that experience.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): A couple times by penguin as a joke because she is an abusive father but otherwise no.

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): Yes. https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...oy-Trusted

How did you find us?: Same reasoning as before.

Other: 
I have been given criticism that staff need to improve response times when it comes to handling trolls, and I feel that being given this higher amount of trust will allow me the ability to do what I do best, and inspire other staff members to be more confident in their decisions.

Also fun fact you all might know some of Exho's work. Check out his gallery here he has greatly affected the TTT community almost since the entire time TTT has existed!
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Exho1/mywo...appid=4000

@Battons

Battons has been an excellent addition to staff with his integrity and keeps a positive attitude in the server to ensure a fun environment for all of us. He responds to all situations and questions fairly quickly and accurately, if he is uncertain he asks other staff members for help. He completes my checklist of promotion of staff.

• Personality
  • Positivity
  • Integrity 
  • Accuracy

He is very great to talk to and is always there for players, staff, and potential members. He is ready to go up in rank and practice more difficult tasks as staff. He wants to succeed along with the server and bring the server to the top by providing a server that all players can play freely in. 

W I L D
I Am Inevitable. 

:)
Kind of conflicted from the last conversation we had on discord.
You said you feel it's a chore to get on (I mean at some point we all do feel that) because of you working so much. Totally understandable I fkn feel it.
Then you went off saying that every rank sucks except for mod, which confuses me. Like yeah, I feel it's extremely shitty when you're trusted/tmod and you cannot ban a group of trolls/mass rdmers and stuff. There are actions you can take though to mediate in the mean time of putting a ban request up which I have not ever seen you make one, something I suggested to you back when you were talking about wanting to apply for trusted.

Just a common trend I've seen in just about every community like this where you can climb ranks, people that come off as wanting a rank just for the title/power are more in it for themselves. I'm not saying this is you but the whole "Every rank sucks except mod" message you sent me just weird, because when I pointed this out you never responded. 

It was also pointed out to me that in this app it seems you're more in it from the "good times" of being in exho rather than your time as trusted here on Dinkleberg's and also that the advertisement isn't necessary in applications.
^Not my thoughts, just something someone wanted me to voice here while I made this response.
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊
[Image: ce6253b74200a8aded9bc1971420855f.png]
Seeing that I've had to delete the first two comments already, both by staff members too, I am going to remind everyone of this. Saying things like "+1 good boy" or "+1 ebic" don't tell us anything. They must be meaningful and answer the questions "so what?" "why would they deserve promotion?" "what makes them stand out?" etc.
I would like to note that while I have said this, you yourself have said that you hate most people on the server and have not liked getting on in the past. @Hani
(07-09-2019, 12:47 AM)Battons Wrote: I would like to note that while I have said this, you yourself have said that you hate most people on the server and have not liked getting on in the past. @Hani

Yes that is why I said "I fkn feel it" because I voiced to you about the shit that has happened to me from regulars/staff and what I have done back.
This isn't about me and I had no intentions of attacking your character. If you feel that it did, I apologize. It was just a genuine thought I had that wasn't that bad as I said I was conflicted because you seem considerate from what I've seen.
+1 again. I was informed that my post actually mattered and needed to have actual content.

Battons has been a good staff member, and acutely balances the aspect of having fun and making sure everyone has fun by adhering to the rules. I don't know the situation but @Hani I don't think it's fair to call referencing advertisement. In a resume which is what he is giving you list previous work experience. You have the chance to go look at past work or talk to people that knew him back then. Not that this is that extreme of an application, but giving references should always be encouraged.

Why he didn't include anecdotes of Trusted? Because that's our job. That's what the comments section is for. Unless this isn't really an application that matters and it's just personal bias anyways.

Anyways to his time as staff. I think he described his own character well. He plays. He is involved with everyone in the game, not just coming out of his shell every once in a while and yelling at some trolls.
He represents the server well and even if he wants more "power" well duh if he didn't why would he apply for a rank with more power? the Color? That blue is not that much nicer. I hope he keeps ranking, up because if this is what a "power grab" looks like, then what does it matter.

He does a good job.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
(07-09-2019, 12:43 AM)Hani Wrote: It was also pointed out to me that in this app it seems you're more in it from the "good times" of being in exho rather than your time as trusted here on Dinkleberg's and also that the advertisement isn't necessary in applications.
^Not my thoughts, just something someone wanted me to voice here while I made this response.

@TDawg4 
Thank you for the input and your perspective which I wholeheartedly understand, I'm sure the person that wanted me to state their thoughts for them will read what you said.
I agree'd to post for them because they had asked me to do so and I would like to think that I can see from their perspective as well as yours.
I feel that him laying out his past experiences in his other server shouldn't be an issue. It shows he can be a good staff member with all of that experience. 
EDIT: this^ is directed to whomever wanted to voice it.

Now to my main response: I never have had an issue with you while playing with you and I see no future issues with you being promoted to the next level. I feel that people with less qualifications have gotten t mod and Battons would bring more help to the server if he got it than if he didn't.

Like TDawg said, he does a good job.  +1.
former admin2
I have to agree in that this seems more of a plug for Exho than anything. People want to know why you care about Dinks and what you do for the server, and I can understand adding previous experience but a lot of this app is Exho related. I won't comment on you server wise but this concerns me.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~