Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dong but in light blue
Ingame Name: dong

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:68442040

Time Played: 360 hours

When First Joined: Beginning of February 

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Monday-Thursday: 4:30pm-11pm EST. Friday-Sunday: whenever

Sponsor(s): @"TheDerpGamer" 

Rank Desired: TMod

Current Rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community: While having 2 months of experience as Trusted I have familiarized myself with the rules and with this knowledge I feel that I have efficiently handled reports, made correct ban requests, handled trolls/micspammers, etc. With the new commands that TMod would have to offer I would be able to teleport players who are stuck, and change the karma of rdmers. This is a bigger step than Trusted for the simple fact that all I could really do against rdmers was add a ton of slays and make a ban request, but people would still end up dead and angry. I feel that I am ready to step up in the ranks and take on an even bigger responsibility by helping out as much as possible with this new priviliges I have also noticed that on the weekends I am on earlier in the morning than other staff and I usually stay up until like 4 am when most staff get off. A good trait that I possess is the ability to see both sides of an argument, with this I can ensure that everyone will receive the same treatment report wise, so no one feels as if I am showing bias towards a certain player and give everyone an equal opportunity.

Why you want to help the community:  I have been a part of this community for around 10 months now and this is easily the most fun I have ever had with any video game. I have never felt such an urge to be involved with something in all honesty. The people here really seal the deal for me. I have met plenty of people and made a lot of friends during my time here. Like I said in my Trusted application I would like to give as much back to this amazing community as it has given me. I want new players to experience the fun that I have had by ensuring they won't have to deal with toxicity.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): nope

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...tion--4210

How did you find us?: @Gabe and @Summer told me about the server and I joined.

Other:  If you look at my Gametracker stats you will see that I was inactive from the beginning of June all the way to the middle of November. This may seem alarming considering I am applying for a promotion, but I hope you all take into consideration this was not a "break." My old laptop that I used refused to update after some time and even before that I would get 20 frames and the game would be nearly unplayable. Also, here recently the last 3 months have been the worst of my life, I am not sharing this to get sympathy from you all, just trying to enlighten you on my situation. But as of mid November I got a new gaming computer and my activity has been higher than ever. Seeing as I have an extremely reliable pc now I will be able to ensure my activity will stay consistent. Even while my laptop was absolutely trashed I would check in on the staff discord and update them on my current situation. I promise I was here the whole time, but just behind the scenes. I have missed this community greatly I am very excited to officially be back.
+1, after coming back from a near 9 month hiatus that wasn't his fault, dong has shown a great amount of knowledge of the rules and how they apply in certain situations. He also smokes weed and is a fun person to play with on the server. Doesn't lose his cool, either.

I'm dodging your next harpoon and juan deaging you tho
I'm sponsoring this man because he good at rules and is a good boy. He does not rdm much and is pretty level headed.
He make my pp hard.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
big megga fat +1 
i have been playing with ding since i joined the server. He definitively knows what the fuck is up. 
and even after that phat pause he is back bigger harder and better
Cult member since 8-8-18
I'm gonna -1 this strictly off of what I've seen and heard you say before

The day you came back and we were hanging out in a discord together with Gabe, I remember you saying from then numerous on that you wanted tmod. You also told me that if I got tmod before you, you would resign. I took them as half hearted jokes but that itself is pretty telling of ones character. Honestly every time I couldn't really tell if it was a joke.

You also even recently, aren't that familiar with the rules. There have been times I saw Gabe fix some of your reports because you weren't aware of the rules and were told afterwards which is fine, you're a trusted. You learn to get a more concrete knowledge of the rules. 
When there are also multiple of us on, you don't really pick up that many reports and when you do, sometimes you just keep them in progress I assume because you don't know what to do with the reported person until it's brought up in asay (don't be afraid to ask, I ask too lol). It's fine though when there's people picking them up before you and all but I don't know if this is a weird coincidence, you pick up more when there are admins on or of course when you're the only one on, I see them all done by looking at the last map report which is good.

Another minor thing, your reports could use work like for example this one. Some others also you don't put in the actual damage logs (x)

Though we personally have had our own bumps with each other, I genuinely think you have a good personality dong and are fun to play with, you weed demon. I just don't think you're ready at this moment because these events are pretty recent and I hope you can take my words as a voice of improvement fellow weed lover.
+1 has been active in the community and does an effective job as staff, especially after his return
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(12-20-2018, 10:41 PM)✩Hani Wrote: I'm gonna -1 this strictly off of what I've seen and heard you say before

The day you came back and we were hanging out in a discord together with Gabe, I remember you saying from then numerous on that you wanted tmod. You also told me that if I got tmod before you, you would resign. I took them as half hearted jokes but that itself is pretty telling of ones character. Honestly every time I couldn't really tell if it was a joke.

You also even recently, aren't that familiar with the rules. There have been times I saw Gabe fix some of your reports because you weren't aware of the rules and were told afterwards which is fine, you're a trusted. You learn to get a more concrete knowledge of the rules. 
When there are also multiple of us on, you don't really pick up that many reports and when you do, sometimes you just keep them in progress I assume because you don't know what to do with the reported person until it's brought up in asay (don't be afraid to ask, I ask too lol). It's fine though when there's people picking them up before you and all but I don't know if this is a weird coincidence, you pick up more when there are admins on or of course when you're the only one on, I see them all done by looking at the last map report which is good.

Another minor thing, your reports could use work like for example this one. Some others also you don't put in the actual damage logs (x)

Though we personally have had our own bumps with each other, I genuinely think you have a good personality dong and are fun to play with, you weed demon. I just don't think you're ready at this moment because these events are pretty recent and I hope you can take my words as a voice of improvement fellow weed lover.
Thank you for the advice. My defense to me not picking up reports when there's multiple people on is that they are always scooped up while I'm looking at the logs. As for them being left in progress reports I'm reviewing the logs and making sure I won't screw up the report, if I just leave them be then it means I was either getting yelled at in game or irl and I was planning on getting back to it. Also, me doing more reports when admins are on is just coincidence. Half the time I'm listening to music and not focusing on which staff are on, I just try and get to the reports when I can and when they're available. Here lately with the new promotions they always get snagged fast. I try my best though.
+1 good gamer with great knowledge of the rules and a extraordinary dong
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
Someone deleted my comment but +1 good guy and is a good staff member and would be a good Tmod.
+1 dong is one of the chillest mods on the server and he does a good job handling reports.