that was rude :'(
Ingame Name: Cactus

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:66073725

Who Banned You: Avi

Reason For Ban: Teaming

Length of Ban: 2 weeks

Reason for Admins to Unban: I wasn't teaming with anyone if semenbeard wanted to waste his T round defibing me he can, but I never asked him to do it and I never asked him to drop me a bat when he became a Detective the next round. I feel like teaming is a 2-way thing that requires two people to work together to have an advantage, I assume semen was just messing around on his T round and didn't care if he died for it. But that's on him. I never spoke to him or asked him for the defib or bat. he just did it and died because of the defib.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): No

Other: You could have talked to me first avi, that ban came outta no where :'(

@Avi

Edit: I didn't realise me killing Meemo was also part of this, I killed memo with said Bat because he wouldn't let me out of the grapple, I was just trying to get away and I didn't think he would actually die from it since he was attached to me, but I guess bat beats grapple :P
for that, I probably deserve a couple slays :)
[Image: j3I5q8.jpg]
So here's what I gathered from what was reported to me, logs, and Semen admitting to defibbing you.  That round you were an innocent and he was a traitor.  He buys a homerun bat seen here and gives it to you, and you use that homerun bat against Meeemo killing him.  You get kosed and killed.  Shortly after, Semen buys a defib as seen here, and defibs you (which he admits to doing).  This all occurred in one round, in which you never took action against Semen for doing these things, but instead played along.  Im fine with a reduction/unban because you are a good player and usually follow the rules but just remember your decisions in game affects gameplay and people were upset by the decisions you made during that round.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
I play TTT for fun and I like dinklebergs because most of the people on the server are also there just to have a good time, I never try and get in the way of how others want to play there game (those people who instabuy knife every round, god they suck :P ) even if I don't like it.

But in this scenario how is mine and semenbeards way of having fun in any way impeding others from playing the game how they want. It is not against the rules to *look the other way* everyone does it once or twice, staff have even said to me before mid-round when I catch them with a T weapon or kill someone "shh don't say anything cactus, just walk away" If someone wants to play 1 round as a pacifist that's completely within the rules and up to them.

we never spoke to each other, we never planned anything, we didn't get in the way of people who were playing seriously, it was a bit of spontaneous fun.

If it doesn't affect anyone who wants to play the game seriously it should be allowed.

I understand that me killing meemo with the bat was also part of the reason for this ban but he never reported me, and never let it known to me that he was upset about me killing him for grappling me. if he is upset with me then I am sorry but if we are going of rules it was not rdm because I said stop and he did not.

I could have easily thrown semenbeard under the bus and let him take full blame and responsibility for what happened, but I can't because he only chose to defib me because he knows that from me playing on the server for 250hours that if he wants to have fun on his t round and defib an inno i would be a good choice because I will find it funny and not instantly kos and shoot him in the face.

it was his decision to defib me
it was his decision to drop me a bat
it was my decision to see the humour in the situation and continue the game without kos'ing or killing him for it.

I am not the only one guilty of this, I can name countless people I have dropped a bat too (or any T weapon) and run away (many being staff) who then chose not to shoot or kos me the next time they saw me on the map.

Many people have dropped me T weapons and I have not retaliated, its a feature of the game and it happens.

My point is it was a bit of fun it happens all the time if people are gonna start getting banned for having fun when it does not directly go against the rules (not shooting a T is not listed as bannable in the motd)  then it shouldn't be punished, if someone complains about it then a warning should be given to stop. same warning that is given about prop killing in the prep phase. It is not against the rules but if someone is upset about dying in prep phase then staff will ask the person prop killing to stop because a complaint was made.

the same system should be put in place for situations like this. if what we did wasn't against the rules but it made someone upset then yes we should be asked to stop and it should be dropped immediately, or since this is not the first time and will 100% not be the last that a traitor defib's an innocent you should add a rule against it and make it official. I don't know what the punishment would be, but at the moment there isn't one and if it is a bannable offence to defib an innocent as a traitor it needs to be clearly stated in the motd or bans for "teaming" will keep happening even if the person who was defib'd had no say in whether they wanted to be brought back or not.

but I wasn't warned or told that anyone was annoyed when it happened all there was was laughter and confusion. so i didn't think anything of it. if I did rub someone the wrong way then Sorry but in my mind, I can't see any part of that round that was so against the rules it warrant myself and semen a 2-week ban, it was just a bit of fun and no one got harmed in the making.

except for meemo, he went flying.

P.S i am cactus.
So he was a traitor that dropped you a bat and defibbed you. You did nothing against this when you could've easily just killed him for it to prevent teaming.
What you guys did was teaming, which is a two week ban for the first offense. 

You already had a ban request (here) for a similar incident and I told you in my post on that thread that what had happen there was teaming. Thing is, you didn't get banned because Milk said not to and also you didn't know back then.
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊
(09-12-2019, 02:07 PM)Hani Wrote: So he was a traitor that dropped you a bat and defibbed you. You did nothing against this when you could've easily just killed him for it to prevent teaming.
What you guys did was teaming, which is a two week ban for the first offense. 

You already had a ban request (here) for a similar incident and I told you in my post on that thread that what had happen there was teaming. Thing is, you didn't get banned because Milk said not to and also you didn't know back then.

when does it officially become teaming and not harmless fun, when I press E on the bat, when 5 seconds have gone by and I don't kos, as soon as he buys the bat?

Is it teaming if I see someone kill someone else on the other side of the map and think *thats too far away I can't be bothered to go over there* or is it teaming if I don't kos *sometimes I don't kos in order to get the drop on a T later in the round* other times I just don't kos and go about my business.

when playing 67th way I play all 6 rounds carrying around a cactus and am no able to shoot a T should I see one in action, because the ground is cold and I wouldn't put my cactus there. Is that teaming?

I understand where you guys are coming from and why the ban happened, I am just asking that you see where I am coming from and see thats it's just how I enjoy the game, if it doesn't hurt anyone or ruin the game for others can it really be that bad?

Is NOT shooting a traitor really that bad.
Is NOT giving info really a bannable offence? if so I think we may have to ban quite a lot of guests.

Definition of teaming is: "come together as a team to achieve a common goal."
                                     what we did was pretty much the opposite, we had no goal and we got each other killed.
It was also unplanned and meant to just be a bit of a laugh. (in my mind anyway i won't speak for semenbeard)

I am just trying to enjoy the game in my own stupid ways, it doesn't hurt anyone.
and if it does then at least tell me and give me a chance to stop what I am doing or change how I am doing it.

But at the moment this seems like a ban just because you CAN be banned for it did I actually hurt someone with my actions or ruin the game, did anyone complain or did Avi realise it is technically against the rules and she can ban for it and so that is what happened?

as I said to Hani in the post she mentioned I don't see that as Teaming, we are not working together, we are giving anyone an advantage or an edge on everyone else in an attempt to win or ruin the game,it isn't planned or meant with malicious intent  it is a bit of harmless fun which didn't affect anyone.

Please don't start banning people for having fun when it's not harming the game :'(
I Understand that you two think its *teaming* and you are staff so if you WANT to ban people for doing it you can.
but you don't HAVE to ban anyone since no one complained and it didn't hurt anything.

But why would you WANT to ban someone for it?
why would you want to ban me for something that causes no harm? unless someone complains and it forces your hand why do you HAVE to take action on a technicality?

in my mind, that was nothing but a bit of fun, not designed to hurt anyone or anything.
sure you can technically ban me for it since you see it as teaming and you're the staff members so you have a better understanding of rules and situations but if you look at it from my point of view what was I really being banned for? having some fun?

P.S i am a sad cactus :'(

(P.S x2 please don't think I am insulting any one's staffing ability or choices, its just a difference of opinion I have no problems with anyone and hopefully never will, even though you banned me avi I still like you and I won't change my profile pic on steam to a picture of anyone else pet cactus you have my word, yours is the only cactus pic for me, Its a damn fine cactus)
+1 he is cactus

Really though he's always been fine when I was on. Free Cactus
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
I feel like Cactus should get a reduction, it's not like he asked for a bat or for me to defib him.  I was goofin about since there were so few people online, all Cactus did was not kill me for it (and kill Meepo, but that was more about the grapple so it's neither here nor there).
I personally have never had an issue with cactus, he generally always follows to the rules and I haven't had issues from him ever. I would be in favor of either an unban with a warning or a reduction.
[Image: ehzhie1yovv21.jpg]
(09-12-2019, 03:09 PM)Semenbeard the Ass Pirate Wrote: I feel like Cactus should get a reduction, it's not like he asked for a bat or for me to defib him.  I was goofin about since there were so few people online, all Cactus did was not kill me for it (and kill Meepo, but that was more about the grapple so it's neither here nor there).

I don't know, this has been how I play ever since I joined the server which according to game tracker was 2015,(you will never know who I once was) I've either gotten away with months of playing like this and only been caught twice or this is a rare occasion where someone actually got offended and I deserve it :'(

If someone actually took offence OR this is a HARD nono of things to do on the server even after the two blocks of text I posted showing my thoughts on the situation, then I apologise and will serve the sentence :)

I say -1 to unban and reduction

but if the ban sticks then you need to update motd to better explain when having a bit of fun becomes teaming.
I'll take the full sentence if it means future people know better than I do when it comes to taking fun stuff from evil people :P

(example of something to put in motd: *traitors caught dropping innocents weapons or defib'ing them will be slain the following round*   nothing too major coz it's gonna happen but something that deters people from doing it)
dont hate cactus but if ur gonna kill someone for grappling u have to atleast have gaven him a warning which u didnt i was detective too and it was intentional rdm