Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
time/level got reset
i had about 3w4d on Utime, I was around level 25-30
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
What server?

Did Both exp and utime get reset? And if so at the same time? When did you notice this?

also please inform me of anything that might have happened to cause it. was there a crash etc errors bla bla bla
I believe this was the ttt server. I believe everyones time got reset and I know Christian was trying to fix peoples times yesterday
oh wow i was nowhere near this thing yesterday still need to know if xp was also reset
XP was easier for me to work with so i made a lot of changes to help prevent xp resets

I just dont know what more to do with utime many devs have tried and abandoned mysql support for utime because it just does this bs. theres like 7-8 people who tried and failed. my workaround is very crude but somewhat effective. i put a "dont save someones time unless the TOTAL time - top time - is over like 10 mins" code into it i mean if your utime is not loaded in 10 mins then something bigger happened then i can handle.

so when you join the clock starts.... then utime loads and sets it to your time. if it dosnt set it then it continues to tick to that 10 min (hopefully for a new guest) mark then the rest of the script respects the 10 min total time requirement and continues for saving and such.

i think gmod and lua are not stable enough to work together for mysql specially as small simple scripts. i mean how many times have you logged on and seen something messed up like errors then you relog and its fixed. I believe the lua support in gmod itself is very crude. LUA is a code designed initially more for just settings. i mean SQL opening ports sending network data its really not suited for it with gmod. SQL is a complex thing it involves table locks unlocks scans queries all sorts of stuff. Things happen that the game server is not even aware of.

I know the PS2 designer put a tremendous amount of work into sql coding. I cannot comprehend all the code involved in ps2 and sql. But you dont ever seem to lose your points or wallets. if ps2 dosnt load you log back on and its back. The coding he has seems to cover every scenario I just dont have the experience or knowledge to take the knowledge / theory from that and convert it into something utime can use. PS2 is extremely complicated thats why its like 40$.

I can probably eventually work out XP and add checks and balances to every single xp transaction. But its almost like rewriting the entire plugin. and if an update for xp comes out or gmod changes, gotta do it all over again. and that is the cost of having a one author "semi closed" project and not on something like github where i can just fork it discuss it and merge. I tried to contact him but he wont reply.
Are there any other programs out there we could use to track times? Maybe one that has more of an active base of people who work out bugs?
(12-18-2017, 01:24 PM)A Fish Wrote: What server?

Did Both exp and utime get reset? And if so at the same time?   When did you notice this?

also please inform me of anything that might have happened to cause it.   was there a crash  etc  errors  bla bla bla

TTT server, and both EXP and Utime got reset. Noticed it about an hour and 40 minutes after it happened. My gmod was on the fritz and acting unstable.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
I cant get to it this moment but i can correct this when i get the time. If someone else can fix it faster then it might be better.

This upsets me a lot.
I sincerely apologize that it happened. This is now beyond my skill level.

We probably have the most stable attempt at a mysql utime and xp of all the servers out there.

And the guy who made xp knew there were issues because he made an arbitrary timer to try to guess when xp would load IF it loaded.
Seriously with xp its all based on some timers to "wait for the server to load" and ive tried to increase them.
There is no telling what part of code loads and what dosn't. I dont think you can even do that for lua. I have no clue and i complained to the guy and i have gotten zero replies.

I wonder if it has to do with LUA refresh. An NFO specific setting to refresh lua files when they get re uploaded you know so that updates don't interrupt the server. ill ask dink to disable it. Its not like we do live updates. We always restart for them.

If anyone here knows more about lua then me please contact me. You may be eligible for a cash payment for your assistance.
Dink is very serious about fixing this FOR GOOD and is willing to pay out for a true fix.

I'm willing to release the utime source code because it was originally always opensource and my edits are free to the public to assist anyone. There is no profit for me.
I have no right to withhold it. Freedom of exchange of information makes systems evolve much faster then closed source projects.

I cant do the same for XP because its a paid for program.
If you have purchased elitexp and prove it to me i'll exchange limited notes of my personal recommendations of changes. Very Strictly my own edited lines only.
That's my extent of that application due to legal reasons. We keep things kosher here. If i write a line then that line of code of mine its obviously mine to share, otherwise everything else is locked away and you need to refer to your own legal copy for reference.
I talked to one of my tech friends and he said our problem sounds like one of these things is happening;

1. data isn't saving properly,
2. something is overriding the information it has stored,
or,
3. something isn't getting the datafrom the database first, which is causing it to just write the new empty data into the database. Which is causing the reset.

However, he has no idea how to fix this as he doesn't have a lot of experience with messing with Lua and MySQL coding.

Not sure if anyone knows how to check to see if one of these things is happening but thought I would share anyways in case this is the issue.
My time is gone too telling me i have one hour but i have almost 8 weeks
(12-18-2017, 11:31 PM)penguinslayer4 Wrote: I talked to one of my tech friends and he said our problem sounds like one of these things is happening;

1. data isn't saving properly,
2. something is overriding the information it has stored,
or,
3. something isn't getting the datafrom the database first, which is causing it to just write the new empty data into the database. Which is causing the reset.

However, he has no idea how to fix this as he doesn't have a lot of experience with messing with Lua and MySQL coding.

Not sure if anyone knows how to check to see if one of these things is happening but thought I would share anyways in case this is the issue.

i feel like its number 3 which is why i tried a timer but see theres is no such thing as empty data with utime because utime ticks like a clock there is no null data for it so i cant add a null data check
new data occurs the moment you enter. it starts at 0 seconds and begins to tick tock and what is supposed to happen is it loads your REAL data under normal circumstances this happens faster then you can see infact it happens while on the loading screen.

Its really a crude idea to add the timer that i did    and only works in certain senereos   like if someone is loading slow or the sql reboots

Ive coded test scenereos where servers crash  or hang   and all sorts of problems like clients crash or hand    and  my fixes worked for my tests.
Seriously  ive coded all the possible bad things i can think of to happen as tests     and my edit of utime passed them all

im  even talking  coding millisecond reconnect  hard crashes and showed dink with verbose logging.
I did my best to try to confuse the hell out of the script and it passed my gauntlet

I was offered compensation because of how promising the test results were for it but i declined.
There is something more to it.     which is why my new idea is on the nfo refresh.  refreshing scripts while running    that could do it.
Oh thats fine when editing the lua   for a gun    but   not for mysql.

XP howver had a blank data glitch   where you cn load as level 0 and if you got even 1 exp it would set you yo level 1 and thus reset.

i coded the null data check for xp   so it dosnt explain how that happened.   and they happen at the same time

gmod is also very fucked up with sql      it connects with a random ip     ANY ip that the server has access to

it leaves unclosed connections    lots of ip changes

right now we have like 40 stagnant connections that will time out on the server side because of how gmod and nfo works
Many many ips asking for data.

The forums because its not fucking gmod   works correctly  because it opens   then closes a connection the moment its done
mybb is well written for sql  NO STAGNANT CONNECTIONS FOR 7  DAYS