Dinkleberg's GMod
First Time Greener - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Murder (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Forum: Murder Staff Applications (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Murder Staff Application Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: Denied (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+----- Thread: First Time Greener (/showthread.php?tid=12406)

Pages: 1 2

First Time Greener - happy - 09-05-2020

Ingame Name: Dad, Happy

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:166897640

Time Played: 93hrs

When First Joined: 2 yrs ago opening week

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): lately a couple days a week
Rank Desired: Mod

Current Rank: tmod

What can you do to help the community: I can assist with ban request on the forums and take a greater role in the community itself as a face for the murder server. while maintaining what i already do on server. 

Why you want to help the community: Originally planned for this to be a temp position until the murder team builds up, but I've come to enjoy the community and want to take a bigger role as it's growing and to help keep Murder in the right direction
Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): not on murder

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): tmod 2, tmod 1[url=https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/showthread.php?tid=8775][/url]

How did you find us?: hop command after a former admin invited me to play with her

Other: even if denied it gives me a place to start at to improve and grow staff wise in murder

RE: First Time Greener - Penguinslayer4 - 09-05-2020

An easy +1 for me, very active in the community and helpful to new players. Sappy shit below warning...

Happy, I'm very proud of you for making it this far, the fact that you came back to help me when murder was falling apart with no staff and helped me start to build a staff team and helped me ease into the difference of murders rules, I appreciate you so much. I know we give each other shit all the time, but from the bottom of my heart I appreciate and am grateful you're here staffing beside me as we build this server and keep the toxic out. The fact you even stuck around long enough to be able to apply for mod tells me you want to help the best you can. We've had a lot of late night talks about server stuff and mental spaces and just helping each other through shit. Through those talks I can see we have the same vision for the server and want to keep toxic out of it.

Thank you for all you do Happy.

RE: First Time Greener - Blurgh - 09-05-2020

Oml

I did not expect to see your new app, but I'm glad you decided to apply. 

First, you are one of the oldest members of community. You are highly respected, I have never seen you raging or being disrespectful towards anyone. You are always helping or ready to help if you see that someone is having hard times, which is really appreciated.

Second, you would be able to handle ban requests, so that Penguin can finally have some more sleep dammit. I'm serious, she needs some more rest. 1.5/3 hours of sleep is not healthy!

So, it's obviously a fat +1 from me. I wish you good luck!

RE: First Time Greener - Penguinslayer4 - 09-05-2020

(09-05-2020, 02:56 PM)Blurgh Wrote: Second, you would be able to handle ban requests, so that Penguin can finally have some more sleep dammit. I'm serious, she needs some more rest. 1.5/3 hours of sleep is not healthy!

Im finnnnneeee xD

RE: First Time Greener - saltychapdaddy - 09-05-2020

-1, biggest simp out there in the dinks community. 

*JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING*

On a more serious note, I believe that you have demonstrated your capability to staff well. You will do great things as a moderator.

+1

RE: First Time Greener - Burb - 09-07-2020

//Sorry I was swamped with work the past few days, but here are my thoughts//

+1 without a doubt.

When I was first starting out on the server, I saw you around a bit, but lately I feel you have been stepping up a lot more and putting work into the server. You’ve definitely been making your presence known (and that is a good thing). This isn’t to say that you weren’t active before, but I’m just saying that since becoming staff, we do communicate a lot more.

-You’ve become more active. Even though you don’t play the same amount of time every single day, if there is an issue that one of us is having, you do jump on to help out at a moment’s notice. This also means that you’ve been taking a more active role in punishing players. 

-You have fair judgment when it comes to punishing players. I’ve never seen you lose your cool, and I know if we are both on you do actively keep me informed on any server issues. In my opinion, your ability to communicate with the rest of the staffing team is extremely important. I’ve never had an issue where I’ve asked for your help and you’ve ignored me, or ignored an issue on the server. 

- You’re always proactive. Especially when it comes to warning players or trying to de-escalate situations. This mostly reiterates the previous point, but I do think having an additional active mod would reduce some of the stress Penguin is under, especially when it comes to ban requests.

While I’ve seen you temp ban people, I don’t think that you abuse that power. I’m aware it’s only technically been about a month since you were moved to tmod, but you’ve done very well in this position and you have been around on the server longer than most. That being said, I know that quite a few of our regulars do know you and that you’ve done exactly what you’ve said you wanted to do: help murder grow and keep the friendly environment. 

Any criticisms: (where’s the milk? /s) No criticisms, I’ve seen you do well and I just wanted to put this out here before any decisions were made.

RE: First Time Greener - [Yellow] Travis1421 - 09-12-2020

Bumperino

RE: First Time Greener - Norm Minder - 09-12-2020

Easy +1 He helps everyone.Active in forums .I believe he deserves a better rank.

RE: First Time Greener - Ly ² - 09-12-2020

+1.

I've seen you mod around the server even before I knew you and I can say you definitely help maintain the peace of the server and I don't think I ever seen you lose control or abuse your powers at all. You got a fair judgement when dealing with trolls or troublemakers. Plus, you also make the server fun :)

RE: First Time Greener - TheUltraFish - 09-14-2020

I have concerns that I want Happy to address, they have happened in the past and I would like to see what he says going into the future. I realize I may receive from heat for this which is why I ask specifically only for Happy aka Dad to respond to this.

My concerns rely on you possibly showing favoritism and occasionally causing unnecessary drama around Dinkleberg's. Yes, I realize being friends with individuals may make things appear that a bias could have formed, but a couple times I believe it went too far.

I'll start with the most recent, and that's when you were joining the TTT server as the King/leader of Nigeria essentially. You could have picked ANY country to be the leader of, but you choose one of the two basically that trolls and racists use to cause issues and drama on the server? After a staff member, Cactus, confronts you trying to get you to alter your name to not trigger the trolls, you go into the staff discord and throw a tantrum. You do not message Cactus to try and work things out, you do not ping an admin to try and make things okay to proceed, you literally choose the most dramatic way to start things instead of civilly. My concerns are why did you do this in first place, being a staff member of Dinks and knowing people would take issue with this, and why would an aspiring moderator go out of their way to cause what seemed to be the most chaos as possible?

My second concern revolves around favoritism, as previously mentioned. I have seen you willing to lessen the punishments of a few people you are friends/acquaintances with adamantly compared to individuals you do not know or are not friends with. The main one that comes to mind is with proper a while back. Despite the racism, trolling, and blatant lying, that proper did in that moment (not to mention other items of issue that occurred previously), you immediately wanted her ban either to be lessened if not fully undone. Now it may not have been favoritism, but it certainly came across that way. There is plenty of history in Dinkleberg's that shows favoritism and it has rarely had a positive outcome. My questions are, as moderator on a server with limited upper staff, will you be able to maintain a level head showing fairness, and is there anything you can do to assure some of the other community members that little favoritism will occur? I know preferences exist but blatant favoritism should be kept out of staffing. I realize this was a while ago and favoritism from you may have ended since your return, but the history is there, and I would be disappointed to watch history repeat itself negatively.

Anyways, good luck on your application, and I am a 0 for now.