Dinkleberg's GMod
Donor Discord text channel - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Discord (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Forum: Discord Suggestions & Help (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Donor Discord text channel (/showthread.php?tid=14120)

Pages: 1 2

Donor Discord text channel - RopeGuy20 - 04-17-2021

I know a few donors mainly on the ph side, where we are all talking and cant really add to the conversation for like a meme or an image that we are talking about without saying go check so and so channel to see what we are talking about and discussing. Having a donor text channel would be nice for donors to chat to be able to add to the conversation or we have had a few people play different web games and its just donors/staff and cant really send a link to the game without private messaging people.

RE: Donor Discord text channel - Here lies Eggroll's Eggrolls - 04-17-2021

(04-17-2021, 09:04 PM)RopeGuy20 Wrote: I know a few donors mainly on the ph side, where we are all talking and cant really add to the conversation for like a meme or an image that we are talking about without saying go check so and so channel to see what we are talking about and discussing. Having a donor text channel would be nice for donors to chat to be able to add to the conversation or we have had a few people play different web games and its just donors/staff and cant really send a link to the game without private messaging people.
I’m not saying it’s a bad idea because it’s not a bad idea but it has be suggested many times. There simply is no donor text channel because it would be another channel for discord staff to monitor and from I understand that is trying to be kept minimal as possible. Plus there’s already enough text channels. I prefer the discord server how it is currently. Just the few important channels. That’s all is really needed tbh.

RE: Donor Discord text channel - Norm Minder - 04-17-2021

I don't support the idea.Let me tell you why,this is not too difficult,if you want to share a meme use #shitposting ,if you want to talk to someone about something use #general.

Opening a new channel for donors will only waste time for discord staff.

RE: Donor Discord text channel - Deer-ly - 04-17-2021

-1 i agree with norm

RE: Donor Discord text channel - gerbil - 04-17-2021

Just another chat to monitor, -1

RE: Donor Discord text channel - Jammin - 04-17-2021

Hi, I am not concerned about monitoring another channel, especially one that would be restricted to such an extent that only donors and above would have access to it.

What I want to know is what interest the community would have in implementing it.
It sounds somewhat interesting

RE: Donor Discord text channel - happy - 04-17-2021

Most communities I've played on have a vip/donor section I don't see a harm in it and assuming its likes donor vc with staff able to view it I don't see a problem. Something inappropriate happens right click and delete and let the discord staff know +1 harmless addition

RE: Donor Discord text channel - David - 04-17-2021

(04-17-2021, 09:04 PM)RopeGuy20 Wrote: I know a few donors mainly on the ph side, where we are all talking and cant really add to the conversation for like a meme or an image that we are talking about without saying go check so and so channel to see what we are talking about and discussing. Having a donor text channel would be nice for donors to chat to be able to add to the conversation or we have had a few people play different web games and its just donors/staff and cant really send a link to the game without private messaging people.

It certainly would give donating a perk over than just having the purple name or premium points in the servers, so I actually will agree with this notion. The argument of it being another channel to monitor is rather weak honestly; that's arguing under the assumption that all people who have donors cause issues. I'd rather argue the benefit of the doubt, and if it becomes a problem, they can easily just delete the channel. Discord isn't rocket science after all, so I say why the hell not?

RE: Donor Discord text channel - RussEfarmer - 04-17-2021

staff text 2

RE: Donor Discord text channel - Here lies Eggroll's Eggrolls - 04-17-2021

(04-17-2021, 10:14 PM)David Wrote:

It certainly would give donating a perk over than just having the purple name or premium points in the servers, so I actually will agree with this notion. The argument of it being another channel to monitor is rather weak honestly; that's arguing under the assumption that all people who have donors cause issues. I'd rather argue the benefit of the doubt, and if it becomes a problem, they can easily just delete the channel. Discord isn't rocket science after all, so I say why the hell not?
That's fair. I think it should be tested and let the discord staff see what they think.