Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donor Discord text channel
I know a few donors mainly on the ph side, where we are all talking and cant really add to the conversation for like a meme or an image that we are talking about without saying go check so and so channel to see what we are talking about and discussing. Having a donor text channel would be nice for donors to chat to be able to add to the conversation or we have had a few people play different web games and its just donors/staff and cant really send a link to the game without private messaging people.
[Image: Pixie-Kick.jpg]
(04-17-2021, 09:04 PM)RopeGuy20 Wrote: I know a few donors mainly on the ph side, where we are all talking and cant really add to the conversation for like a meme or an image that we are talking about without saying go check so and so channel to see what we are talking about and discussing. Having a donor text channel would be nice for donors to chat to be able to add to the conversation or we have had a few people play different web games and its just donors/staff and cant really send a link to the game without private messaging people.
I’m not saying it’s a bad idea because it’s not a bad idea but it has be suggested many times. There simply is no donor text channel because it would be another channel for discord staff to monitor and from I understand that is trying to be kept minimal as possible. Plus there’s already enough text channels. I prefer the discord server how it is currently. Just the few important channels. That’s all is really needed tbh.
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
I don't support the idea.Let me tell you why,this is not too difficult,if you want to share a meme use #shitposting ,if you want to talk to someone about something use #general.

Opening a new channel for donors will only waste time for discord staff.
-1 i agree with norm
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
Just another chat to monitor, -1
Hi, I am not concerned about monitoring another channel, especially one that would be restricted to such an extent that only donors and above would have access to it.

What I want to know is what interest the community would have in implementing it.
It sounds somewhat interesting
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Most communities I've played on have a vip/donor section I don't see a harm in it and assuming its likes donor vc with staff able to view it I don't see a problem. Something inappropriate happens right click and delete and let the discord staff know +1 harmless addition
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(04-17-2021, 09:04 PM)RopeGuy20 Wrote: I know a few donors mainly on the ph side, where we are all talking and cant really add to the conversation for like a meme or an image that we are talking about without saying go check so and so channel to see what we are talking about and discussing. Having a donor text channel would be nice for donors to chat to be able to add to the conversation or we have had a few people play different web games and its just donors/staff and cant really send a link to the game without private messaging people.

It certainly would give donating a perk over than just having the purple name or premium points in the servers, so I actually will agree with this notion. The argument of it being another channel to monitor is rather weak honestly; that's arguing under the assumption that all people who have donors cause issues. I'd rather argue the benefit of the doubt, and if it becomes a problem, they can easily just delete the channel. Discord isn't rocket science after all, so I say why the hell not?
staff text 2
(04-17-2021, 10:14 PM)David Wrote:

It certainly would give donating a perk over than just having the purple name or premium points in the servers, so I actually will agree with this notion. The argument of it being another channel to monitor is rather weak honestly; that's arguing under the assumption that all people who have donors cause issues. I'd rather argue the benefit of the doubt, and if it becomes a problem, they can easily just delete the channel. Discord isn't rocket science after all, so I say why the hell not?
That's fair. I think it should be tested and let the discord staff see what they think.
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3