Dinkleberg's GMod
Originally I didn't like green, but just maybe.. - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Prop Hunt (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: PH Staff Applications (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: PH Staff Application Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Forum: Denied (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=63)
+----- Thread: Originally I didn't like green, but just maybe.. (/showthread.php?tid=15019)

Pages: 1 2

Originally I didn't like green, but just maybe.. - Ryzif - 09-29-2021

In game Name: Ryzif  (If you really need to know my previous names) Those and of course "Creebs"

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:142037383

Time Played: Don't look at this. Least it's not as far of a jump as my Trusted to Tmod time was.

When First Joined: The date listed for my arrival was March 6th, 2021 on my previous name. (Creebs) 

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): My time zone is CT and as of right now I'm working 12's throughout the night. My schedule is kind of an on and off kind of thing at the moment but I mainly can be available for a while after work in the morning or nights on my nights off. 

Rank Desired: Moderator

Current Rank: Test Moderator 

What can you do to help the community?:  I believe that I'm a reliable community/staff member at Dinks with both my activity and willingness to help others in whatever area that may be. I do my best to continuously deal with the lobbies as fairly as I can while cracking down on ghosters, hackers and the other assortment of rule breaking individuals as needed. I try to be fast acting when available. I'm confident in my ability to judge most situations and be fair with what punishments correspond to the situation themselves while sticking as closely to the guidelines as I can. I still will reach out for support on anything that might need more than one person to deal with whether having the rank or not. (It never hurts to have help.) You can find me keeping an eye on relay and game tracker to watch out for possible hackers/ghosters if I'm not directly in lobby. I've managed to catch quite a bit of people this way. I have a mountain of ban requests so I definitely have learned how to spot 'em.
Realistically I think that I would do okay moving on to the next role in the ladder of roles. I would still love to hear the voices of the community on this whether positive or negative. Everything is welcome!

Why do you want to help the community?: My main motivational force for helping this community comes from the desire to keep it a fun place. It's frustrating to watch trolls/hackers barge in and ruin the vibe of the lobby.  I enjoy being here and spending time with others here so I feel it's only right that I do my part in providing a better place to play. 

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): Aside from joke bans from myself and other staff members, no.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): Yes. Trusted  (Accepted)  Test Moderator (Accepted)

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? I use OBS to record everything I do, if that fails my back up is that I have Shadow Play running. I also use Lightshot for my screenshots.

How did you find us?: There was a day way back in March when I first got my computer and I was playing with my friend Haxune. We stumbled across the server and I enjoy how things are handled so I like to try to make a difference in a positive way that reflects on the community. 

Other: There has been stuff that I've been working on. I've lessened my activity in server while still keeping the same effect of helping the server out in times of need. I have had a couple of hiccups that I've worked on/been working on. For example falling for the luxury of the SS. For a second there I was developing a bad habit and I appreciate it being spoken about so that I may guide myself away from that. It's useful but it needs more context. It's especially effective in combination with videos. Who can deny multiple sources of proof? One is hard enough to fight on it's own. 

What are my issues? What do I need to work on? How can I do better?

If you think I should move on or not, please do let me know and don't skip a beat when addressing me. If you feel like I should wait then do let me know your reasoning. I want input whether it's positive and negative so that I may learn more.

One might be wondering... "Why post your staff app while there's an abuse thread out for you at the same time?" The answer is "Meh, why not?".

RE: Originally I didn't like green, but just maybe.. - dero - 09-29-2021

played ph and ttt with you. on ph you were super helpful answering to any questions i had and you were fun to play with. on ttt you are really fun to play with. ima drop a +1 on yah bro.
good job taking care of that nerd yesterday brug

RE: Originally I didn't like green, but just maybe.. - VolfVoss - 09-29-2021

You've honestly been doing great with what you have, and there's a lot of potential.  

On this application I'm going to give a -1 

I firmly believe that spending 2-4 months in a med position such as Tmod is necessary before advancing. My primary reason for this is that I've watched dozens of people climb fast then burn out (not saying you will or will not do the same), it's been a pattern over the years of being here. This is more of me voicing what I've seen collectively. 

Like I said, you've been doing great on the Server but I feel with just a bit more time on server (a month or 2 at most) you will be settled in enough that you're significantly less likely to be burned out. 

Thus far since you've joined the team, a lot has been successfully reported and handled accordingly.  That abuse thread (which wasn't even abuse) doesn't even put a shadow on your staffing as you provided documentation to support your own innocence elegantly. 

Thank you for what you've done and accomplished in this community thus far, I look forward to seeing you flourish more and if I can give any direct help/criticism I will do so via DM.

RE: Originally I didn't like green, but just maybe.. - Ryzif - 09-29-2021

(09-29-2021, 07:54 AM)The Triangle Wrote: -Snip

I appreciate your honesty and wisdom regarding your experience and your answer. I can see how that can be a concern due to going over the same experiences over and over. If I need to wait a while longer than so be it. I'm not really in a rush. Just taking the opportunities as I can.

I also thank you for all your words of encouragement. It's nice to know that I'm doing right by the community and by my position. If I need more input on matters or even to just make sure that I'm not messing up, I'll be sure to hit you up.

RE: Originally I didn't like green, but just maybe.. - Mother Nuru. - 09-29-2021

You suck at staffing.

Just kidding.
Small things to work on since you asked. Everytime I've joined (which yes i know isnt often stfu) you are at a point of just before temper loss and have to be told by myself or someone else to get off server. Or you wait until you're frustrated to leave. It's okay to leave BEFORE that point, and tell someone else to come on and take over, you can't deal with it right now or some days. I bring this up because your tone changes from fun loving but still rule enforcing ryzif, to the version of ryzif thats rigid and can't handle jokes as well.
Work on your balance there some more.

As for the rest, I'm with trapezoid. I think you need more time before advancing and stepping into mod. You're confident in yourself most of the time which is a superb mod quality and necessary. The only issue I take is I'd like to see as he put it, how you'll continue on in your current position. You are still pushing yourself very hard. You are doing like I did and brushing off warnings partially. I just hope you don't end up the way I did and hate the place for a bit :d
I'd love to see you find a proper balance before advancing, that way you can feel settled at mod, properly.
With that said -1 for NOW. Later I'm sure you'll have my full support.

RE: Originally I didn't like green, but just maybe.. - Linfalas - 09-29-2021

I like Ryzif, during my very very very sparse times in the upside down dimension. This man is probably the most efficient PH member i've seen recently.
He's always doing reports, requests, dealing with those dumbasses who hack or ghost or just dumb and this man whenever he is not needed comes over to TTT and knows the TTT damn well rules just as well and knows how to have fun and pretty laidback. If you don't get mod or do get mod you can always come to TTT staffing if you're okay with it homie but you deserve that green dude. Literal one man army

RE: Originally I didn't like green, but just maybe.. - unfortunatepossum - 09-29-2021

Hey Ryzif
Thanks for applying!
I have to agree with the points that both Triangle and Nuru have made here. I think its just a bit too soon.
You have put so much time and effort into the server and have done a great job but i really think you need to work on a few things before you move onto Mod.
I have seen you get to the point of anger a few too many times. (which happens to everyone but we gotta learn to let it roll off of us)
You do tend to jump on things said in game a bit too quickly. Its a game and how you treat the situation can affect the outcome. (not saying some of the situations were savable but ive noticed a few that were just from an outside perspective)
I will speak to you privately about what i believe you need to work on in detail. (imo) I dont think things need repeated over and over again on apps and you are always comfortable with speaking to others about whats going on so I will do that via dms or vc.
I also know i havent played with you a ton this month but i always try to keep up on whats going on in server even if i cant get on so i hope you take what ive said with a bit of grace for me.
Take some more time, you can definitely get there. Just take a few more weeks/months to jog for a bit longer before you run.
-1 (for now)

RE: Originally I didn't like green, but just maybe.. - Ryzif - 09-29-2021

(09-29-2021, 04:48 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: You suck at staffing.
Well if I suck at staffing, maybe you should just come back and take my place. All jokes, I know your feelings on this already. Still doing a fire job getting Murder revamped.

So yeah your random visits in game have been spectacularly well timed. I don't often let my temper get the best of me but you have seen myself. I do tend to be a little different from that. I think this can be avoided by spacing more and more time out from the server and putting my time into other activities regardless of having the free time or ability to come on and help on server. I personally don't like sitting by when something is going down and I have the ability to help but it's not like I can be on the server 24/7. Not that I want to as fun as that sounds lol.
(You can practically hear my eyes rolling)
I've definitely worked on my time in server, it helps with the ability to clean the trolls up for a limited time once they've warranted the ban. It gives me more opportunity to leave the server in a good place.

Yeah to be completely honest, I have no intention of this app progressing this time around. This is mainly my final bit of gathering anything I need to work on. I have little hope for it progressing because naturally I am running through the ranks and even if I have my feet as a Tmod, more time can't hurt. I appreciate the honest input! I'll try to use it to build off of. Especially the balancing part of this. 

Also thank you Possum. As I've said above my intention this time around is to mainly gather things that I may work on so that in the following weeks, month or months I may be a bit better suited to progress. I just feel like staff apps are good places to get a good amount of critique and honest opinions about someone's abilities to handle the position. That and of course the community can all see as well. This isn't me working on problems in the dark. Although it is very rare, my temper has come out in the past. I try to make sure that it's not directed at anyone and I try to leave if I feel like it's at a point that I can't properly function as a staff member. I think a lot of my problems with the short times of my temper coming out is being really lenient with people. Giving excess chances, trying to keep the lobby chill of course. A lot of trolls will stretch that to their limit. I'll try to be more direct when snipping problems in the bud and let them know where the line is a bit sooner than I was before. Give someone an inch and they'll want a mile.

Still, I appreciate your words regardless of your answer and will try to work on things mentioned.

*Also

This is of no offense to anyone in TTT but I probably never will be staff there. It sounds fun and all but dual staffing two active servers sounds like a pain IMO. I do enjoy my time there though and will help out if needed for situations when playing. I can't possibly imaging staffing in two servers. Maybe if it wasn't so active. Though I do appreciate it.

RE: Originally I didn't like green, but just maybe.. - Norm Minder - 09-30-2021

You've done incredible, honestly youre doing so great.I'm sure you will do great as mod too.

I don't want to repeat triangle but don't speedrun, take break everytime you need.You're not obligated to get on the server just because  you are staff.You don't have to respond to every on-call ping.

Since I joined the community I saw a lot  people climb fast then burn out ,I don't want to see you burnout so.

That's all my concerns.You're an amazing staff member,keep up the good work.

RE: Originally I didn't like green, but just maybe.. - Loona Mondragon - 10-01-2021

I will vote neutral for this. 0+
I will vote in the neutral for this application as I do believe you have what it takes to be a mod; at the same time I also believe that you need to have more time in the server for you to fully handle yourself as a good staff member. Since I started here in the server, you were a common and welcoming person to play along with and made playing here a treat. You are a good person from what I seen on the server and on off the server. I fully support you to speedrun to admin and eventually ban yourself, but right now moving to mod may not be the right thing. You handle the Vc with the best of your abilities and take care of the ghosters and hackers whenever possible and make good judgement calls to the situations that appear on the server. You do put effort into staffing and taking care of the server, but you also need to take care of yourself a bit. To simply stop and smell the roses(or whatever flower you enjoy smelling) and just take breaks even if you don't fell like you are burning yourself. A break here and there is a good thing to have even if its from gaming or the discord. What I want to see is you enjoying enjoying the game and staffing at the same time and not make it a job you have to fulfil because you are doing this by your own means as volunteering and not anyone forcing you to do it. 
Hope you understand my decision and continue to help out the server and be a great staff member. 
~Koshka