Dinkleberg's GMod
Mic Spamming - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Suggestions & Help (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Mic Spamming (/showthread.php?tid=15307)

Mic Spamming - A Steel Waffle - 10-25-2021

This is in regards to micspamming 
 I Just wanted to post that I feel as if micspamming is becoming an all too common thing and feel that they need to be further enforced. I truly feel like way too many regulars are getting away with this. I trust everyones judgement on this and I feel conident that this will be further enforced.

RE: Mic Spamming - Foxka - 10-25-2021

I will say that it's gotten to the point where I, a donor, am having to gag people because the staff online aren't doing shit about people ear raping thier mics or saying slurs n shit. I don't mind helping out sometimes but i definitely agree that it feels like the issue is just being ignored. I shouldn't have to step in at all and i hate when i do.

RE: Mic Spamming - JesseTheUndeadCowboy - 10-25-2021

I think people just don’t want to ban for something like micspam sometimes. If it’s the same people doing it over and over then yeah it can be a problem. However if someone does it once and they get gagged then it shouldn’t be that big of a deal unless they continue to do it again and again. Eitherway that’s just something I sort of just not get that irritable about anymore unless it’s something really annoying.

RE: Mic Spamming - A Steel Waffle - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 09:22 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: I think people just don’t want to ban for something like micspam sometimes. If it’s the same people doing it over and over then yeah it can be a problem. However if someone does it once and they get gagged then it shouldn’t be that big of a deal unless they continue to do it again and again. Eitherway that’s just something I sort of just not get that irritable about anymore unless it’s something really annoying.
You know I get that but the biggest issue is there are no repercussions or so it feels. Alot of donors have to stand up this. Some are even donor/regulars. Unfortunately, I know this server well enough to know people will push the rules to the absolute limit.

RE: Mic Spamming - RussEfarmer - 10-26-2021

I think micspam is fine as long as it's funny, im obviously biased because I laugh at really stupid shit so I get an absolute kick out of someone playing fart noises through their mic every 5 minutes

i haven't really seen it but im not really SUPER active on TTT but if people are saying slurs and doing earrape nonsense in their mic every 2 seconds thats not super cool, especially the slurs thing, like cmon guys get better material

RE: Mic Spamming - Linfalas - 10-26-2021

(10-26-2021, 01:01 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I think micspam is fine as long as it's funny, im obviously biased because I laugh at really stupid shit so I get an absolute kick out of someone playing fart noises through their mic every 5 minutes

i haven't really seen it but im not really SUPER active on TTT but if people are saying slurs and doing earrape nonsense in their mic every 2 seconds thats not super cool, especially the slurs thing, like cmon guys get better material

Wait am I allowed to not do my bag of weed bit...

RE: Mic Spamming - lacer - 10-26-2021

Being half of the reason this post was made, I will say that the staff not doing anything doesn't count when they're alive and as such, can't hear the dead chat. where most of the micspam takes place.

RE: Mic Spamming - matt_st3 (Strongrule) - 10-26-2021

Missing harpoon aside mic spam is a large reason I don’t bother going in anymore. It’s a job I gave up so I shouldn’t have to gag or mute 5 people on my own end just because the two tmods dead don’t think it’s an issue to test a soundboard and whistle through the mic. Yes that’s an old example I’m a fossil.