Dinkleberg's GMod
Removing Rooftops Variant - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Community Discussion (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Removing Rooftops Variant (/showthread.php?tid=1544)

Pages: 1 2

Removing Rooftops Variant - Mr_Rippe - 05-01-2017

When we first implemented the "no variants of the same map" rule, people were quick to point to Bank, Whitehouse, and Rooftops. The two Whitehouse maps are incredibly distinct, so the Admins & I agree that it's fine to keep. However, Bank and Rooftops are very similar in their design and structure. Therefor, I am opening threads to discuss the possibility of removing one of these variant maps.

The poll will be open for a week. If any result has a simple majority, it will be submitted to the Admins for approval. Please treat this thread seriously.

This thread is only to discuss the Rooftops variants. Please keep the conversation focused on that. There is another thread to discuss the Bank variants.

RE: Removing Rooftops Variant - Christian - 05-01-2017

2016 is fun for the objectives. But it's too big of a map, and causes many players (with potato PC's) to drop frames drastically. The alternative is to disable the skybox ("r_3dsky 0" in console) but imo I prefer the original.

I'd say get rid of 2016.

RE: Removing Rooftops Variant - monkeydog - 05-01-2017

Save 2016 one of the best maps on the sever

RE: Removing Rooftops Variant - MiniMe - 05-01-2017

(05-01-2017, 12:48 PM)Christian Wrote: 2016 is fun for the objectives. But it's too big of a map, and causes many players (with potato PC's) to drop frames drastically. The alternative is to disable the skybox ("r_3dsky 0" in console) but imo I prefer the original.

I'd say get rid of 2016.

Removing the skybox doesn't help too much for me. It's just too big and the original is better

RE: Removing Rooftops Variant - Vihntage - 05-01-2017

Please get rid of 2016 so I can actually play :<

RE: Removing Rooftops Variant - reed1103 - 05-01-2017

Typing mat_dxlevel 8 in the console helps on 2016, sometimes...

RE: Removing Rooftops Variant - Christian - 05-01-2017

(05-01-2017, 12:56 PM)MiniMe2001 Wrote: Removing the skybox doesn't help too much for me. It's just too big and the original is better
Ya it won't always work for everyone, but it does free up some FPS to make it at least playable for me. Maybe it'll help others too.

(05-01-2017, 01:03 PM)reed1103 Wrote: Typing mat_dxlevel 8 in the console helps on 2016, sometimes...

Lowering your DXlevel is also a good way to increase FPS. This might help others as well. As well as lowering your resolution, graphical settings,etc.

RE: Removing Rooftops Variant - reed1103 - 05-01-2017

I like the new one, if the map creator lowered down on all of the details in the skybox and around the map, I think it would be better.

I also think 2016 has an hdr effect that messes with fps

RE: Removing Rooftops Variant - ~$$~ BlackCatTheGreat ♣♣ - 05-01-2017

I love the original rooftops new one is okay i guess but i rather would have the original one as it already is quite big and the 2016 one is even bigger.

RE: Removing Rooftops Variant - Jerminator00 - 05-01-2017

I personally prefer the 2016 version, not because of the secrets/objectives, but because I feel the two additional buildings really add a lot of options when playing. I don't know, the original version just feels too small to me, and I hate having so fewer possible paths for navigating the map.