Dinkleberg's GMod
Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Discord (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Forum: Discord Staff Applications (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Discord Staff Application Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+----- Forum: Denied (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+----- Thread: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc (/showthread.php?tid=15727)

Pages: 1 2 3

Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - David - 01-09-2022

Discord Name: Salty

Discord ID: saltychapdaddy#0417

When First Joined (Estimate): May 2020

What is your age: 21
What rank are you applying for (Helper or Moderator): Helper!

What can you do to help the Discord community: As someone who has been on both sides of the spectrum in this community in the context of having no regard for them to being extremely by the book and a stickler about rules, I can say that I have a very strong understanding of what a “happy medium” is and I know when it is time to intervene or not. Also, it’s been a while since I’ve worked as a staff member in this community (well over a year), so in that time I’ve refined and truly improved my teamwork skills as an individual, so rather than trying to do everything myself and complaining about “dead weight”, I can cooperate with a team and be successful.

Why you want to help the Discord community: Well, to be honest, the discord brings me great entertainment, and I don’t want people to feel as if they aren’t welcomed there. This isn’t a problem at all currently, but if it were to become one, I would want to be in a position that is capable to do something about it quickly and efficiently.

Other: 

Now it's time to address something that would possibly be a blocker from me being able to be a part of this team: my strike and ban history. I'll go ahead and do this so that way Jammin doesn't have to spend any time looking it up AND so anyone who is looking at this thread can look at it.

I have received 10 punishments, with two being bans and one a kick, while being in this Discord, with the most recent punish being administered on June 26th, 2021.

Here's a comprehensive list of what my strikes/bans have been, in case you're curious.

-unnecessary trolling in #PH (don't remember what happened here) 6th strike so this amounts to a temp ban now. Further trouble will result in a permanent ban- June 26th, 2021.
-Harassment (I believe against Lemon)- June 23rd, 2021- softban administered 
-Inappropriate message about situation with minor (I think a joke about ThePhoenix?)- June 23rd, 2021
-Making jokes of a pedophilic nature in #ph (definitely about a PH staff member that got community banned)- June 15th, 2021- 3rd strike reached, muted.  
-false on-call ping, rip- June 6th, 2021
-Permabanned for leaking staff chat into the general discord. You may appeal on the forums. I appealed (link here)- April 30th, 2021.
-Slur- December 6th, 2020.
-Kicked (I don't remember what this was for, maybe a joke?)- December 5th, 2020. 

First off, this is an absolute nightmare of a history, so if it bars me from being able to join the team, I understand completely; however, I want to say that I stopped any and all of my malicious antics in general. Yes, I still joke around. I've always been a jovial person, and I find myself miserable when I try to change that about myself (the first staff tenure is an example of that). 

The way I handled my unban request for the discord was... hotheaded, to put it lightly. In case you don't know the context, I was banned for showing an image that was a message sent by a community wide ban staff member that was actually being discussed between myself and a TTT mod at that time. The reason why I didn't consider it leaking and appealed the ban was because the image was sent 8 months after the message was initially sent in the staff discord and that particular member was community banned; I did not do this out of malicious intent, as that staff member and I were discussing how it was funny that was a reason someone came up with why a certain individual shouldn't be unbanned. 

I respect the reason why I was banned and with hindsight, I wish I had handled that in a calmer manner; I also will not try and defend any of the other actions, as I clearly had no regard for the rules, especially in June, where I got HALF of my administered punishments; I just hope that I have shown in the past half year in the community that I am not that toxic individual I once was. People I once had problems with I now can chill and have a good time with.  

If there are any criticisms or questions you might have for me, please do not refrain from stating them. Just like with my discord unban, I am going to try and wait a while before I respond to anyone. 

Thank you all for your time. I am looking forward to seeing the responses, regardless of if they're in support or against me.

RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - dong - 01-09-2022

I don’t really have a vote because I honestly pay 0 attention to discord, but I can comment on your general attitude/character. You’ve done yet another 180 and have overall matured and grown as a person since your last staffing experience/trolling antics. The strikes/punishments you have listed occurred quite awhile ago (if we’re talking “growth” standard) and I think despite what people may say/think you have a genuine shot. Might not be right now necessarily, but I could definitely see you getting this position at some point.

Good luck,
dong

RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - HONG - 01-09-2022

+1 isnt cringe and understands the difference between enforcing the rules and just being a bother

RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - Wrom - 01-09-2022

+1 every time i have played with you it was a good experience nothing bad It seems like you have grown since those last punishments and i wish you the best of luck :)

RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - LemonTiara - 01-09-2022

(01-09-2022, 06:42 PM)David Wrote: -Harassment (I believe against Lemon)- June 23rd, 2021- softban administered 
I am not gonna lie I even giggled when I saw this. NOW I can laugh about it.

David. I think you have shown us, both in game and in discord, how much you have grown as a person, and that you actually learnt from your past mistakes.

As an example of this, yesterday you went on the ttt channel and *seriously* asked for a forming discussion to cease, but you didn't approach the situation "violently" by any means, nor incentivated it. 

I know you are a "jovial person", just remember that everyone involved in the joke has to be ok with it. Don't entertain yourself at the expense of making others involved miserable.

Basically, right now I think you would be a good fit for the discord staff team.

RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - Norm Minder - 01-09-2022

David is a level-headed individual who staffed ttt and discord before,he is far more capable than I think he believes

The strikes concern me but they are long time ago so I'll give you +1 you have all my support :).

Changing my vote to -1.Pedo jokes are not cool.

RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - August - 01-10-2022

EDIT: 

After reviewing your strikes, I have changed my vote to a -1

Pedo jokes, leaking staff chat, on top of your previous bad behavior that I was witness to, None of it is or was okay. Most of your strikes were within the last year as well.

Considering the severity of the strikes and how recent they were, I personally do not trust you. Yes I am under the belief that people can change. I have changed a ton even since joining Dinks, but this is too soon for you bud. I would love to see months of good behavior from you from here on out before I would consider applying again.

Nonetheless, best of luck.

RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - J@CK XDDD - 01-10-2022

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh look at that resume of strikes/bans and this mf still getting +1 you wild dog. No vote because im inactive af because of school but I do gotta question. You actually wanna do this? be here to do this? If so props bro GL cutie

RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - quartzglow - 01-10-2022

Your past behavior is way too extreme to be staffing the discord.  I personally don't believe you should ever hold a staff position here again.  Sometimes when I was in the discord calls with you I felt extremely uncomfortable.  I am the one that issued some of those discord punishments and every one was deserved.  At the least more time needs to pass before you would be staff again.  Sorry but I felt I had to be honest.

RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - David - 01-10-2022

(01-10-2022, 03:43 PM)J@CK XDDD Wrote: Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh look at that resume of strikes/bans and this mf still getting +1 you wild dog. No vote because im inactive af because of school but I do gotta question. You actually wanna do this? be here to do this? If so props bro GL cutie

Yes. I do wish to do this. As I stated earlier, my biggest problem with what I was doing the first time around on this is I tried changing who I was as a person, and that is what made me burn out and then develop that resume. I think I'll be much more effective this time because I will not make that mistake twice. A lot of how I handled myself in the past was due to a large presence of insecurity that no longer exists. I'm fully confident that I want to do this. As someone who plans to be a future educator, I would like to give myself as much experience working with a team and being in a position of authority as humanly possible.

There are some who would argue that "being staff cannot be translated to the classroom," but I disagree with that sentiment and here's why. Being a successful staff member in any capacity requires you to be disciplined, well-mannered, and show patience when situations arise; every single one of those skills can be translated to classroom management. If you're lacking in any of those things, you start to lose credibility. 

Also, there is something else that you had said to me when I had applied for discord moderator a while ago that I feel like I've improved on as well. I don't know if you remember this or not, but something that you had told me a year ago was that I was too nice and lenient to be a mod. This was not only true on discord but also on TTT; this was due to a lack of confidence in my judgement and an inability to know how to set my foot down. This also was a problem in my personal and work life too, so when you told me that back then, I didn't really think about it at that moment. After a while, I started to become aware of when I needed to stand my ground and have a backbone. As a result, I was able to improve my quality of life by cutting ties with people who were toxic to me, no longer allowing my managers to walk all over me at Kroger and have a backbone when I was leading my section in college marching band.  

What I'm trying to say is that I thank you for that, as it was a wakeup call. I didn't want to acknowledge it at first, but I'm grateful that you gave me it.

(01-10-2022, 04:26 PM)Quartz Wrote: Your past behavior is way too extreme to be staffing the discord.  I personally don't believe you should ever hold a staff position here again.  Sometimes when I was in the discord calls with you I felt extremely uncomfortable.  I am the one that issued some of those discord punishments and every one was deserved.  At the least more time needs to pass before you would be staff again.  Sorry but I felt I had to be honest.

Thank you for your honesty! I apologize that I made you uncomfortable in calls; the worst part is I definitely had no idea.

I have no doubt in my mind that you aren't the only one who has that opinion, and it's completely justifiable. If it's more time that I need, I hope I can prove to you and others that I am not that person from nearly 7 months ago anymore.

Also, thank you to everyone else for expressing your points; please know I have read it and I truly appreciate your time.