Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free David
Discord Name: David 

Discord ID: David C#0417

Who Banned You: jammin or Nicol (Auttaja doesn't say)

Reason For Ban: "leaking staff chat in the general discord, you can appeal on the forums."

Length of Ban: perm

Reason for Admins to Unban:  The image in question was actually being discussed between a current staff member (ETHAN) and me as I was talking about how one of the reasons Zuboba didn't get unbanned was because an EX STAFF MEMBER said that he wasn't black(look at #ttt, so when I sent these images to Ethan  in the general discord because he was like "it says user deleted." I was under the notion that since the messages leaked were from AUGUST 20TH, 2020 and have absolutely zero serious or confidential information in it (It literally is just this ex staff member stating "If that's zuboba in the video then he definitely isn't black." and another one saying "My black friends say calling each other the hard r isn't cool.)  that it would be okay for me to send in general. Hell, Noire did the same thing too (there were multiple witnesses in the call who heard him and saw him this, Rylo, Jammin, Nicky, and Jesse I believe.) and his was just as comical as mine.

I completely admitted to it being from the staff discord because I seriously thought that nobody would care about something that is from EIGHT MONTHS AGO. Maybe if it had to do with something more sensitive information, I'd understand the ban and would not try and appeal.

Have you been banned before(any of our platforms & Link relevant threads): There wasn't a thread but I was banned for MASS RDM and leave on November 9th, 2020.

Other: I feel as if how this should have been handled was to try and pressure me to leak who sent me this image. I personally feel as if just banning me outright for this is an excuse to get rid of someone that you don't like because I sometimes like to poke fun at people a little too much. The issue with doing this is that after all this talk of transparency and consistency, this happens; I feel as if this were anyone else, it would've been a strike. Like I stated earlier, if this was either actual sensitive information or a much more recent conversation, I would not be here trying to appeal. 
Do not refrain from giving honest criticism on this; I will wait a full 24 hours before I make any sort of replies. 

Thank you for your time,

David
Hi, to clear this up:
I issued the permanent ban to David in discord on advice/request of the admin team - Nicol specifically.
Fun fact, I do believe it was his very last act as an admin in the Dinkleberg community to order your ban from discord.

That being said, just like the ban of @"NotRand" from discord, this will be a decision made by the remaining admin team.

My initial punishment (before getting confirmation that it was indeed staff chat that was leaked, and getting guidance from the admins) was just to verbally warn for inciting drama.
He has a kick with no reason given from sometime in 2020 (can't look it up now since he is banned) and one warning for slur usage from December of 2020.

So from a discord staffing perspective, I as the banning staff member have no further comment on the matter - the matter is before the admin team to resolve this time.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
To clarify, it was not intentionally my last act lmao. But yes leaking staff chat is bad but I would be fine with a reduction.

I could post something from the staff chat from 3 years ago & it'd still be considered leaking. As per the rules of that discord, ALL information is considered confidential.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Also for the record, I wasn't paying attention to the voice call all that much, as I was in the process of issuing the ban. So I cannot speak for what Noire did or didn't say.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I think that holding all information in staff chat is the easier thing to punish, however, I do not agree with the current rules in place when talking about staff chat. So, with that being said, he shouldn't have leaked staff chat in general but I am pro unban.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(04-29-2021, 08:17 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: To clarify, it was not intentionally my last act lmao. But yes leaking staff chat is bad but I would be fine with a reduction.

I could post something from the staff chat from 3 years ago & it'd still be considered leaking. As per the rules of that discord, ALL information is considered confidential.

I know I said that I was going to wait 24 hours.... HOWEVER I wanted to respond to this one immediately. 

I understand your rationale behind this conclusion, but if this is true, then despite Noire sending a random image of him saying "Grow a pair" from the staff discord (he had said it was from there in the call, but he might have not been 100% sure of that), then he should also be banned from the discord, as that would be maintaining consistency as that could technically be argued to be "information from the staff discord."

So I guess my question is this: what constitutes what something is information or not, because you could easily make an argument that Noire telling someone to "grow a pair" is "information that should be considered confidential."  I'd just like to make sure we're on the same page before I assume anything.

Disregard this, it DID NOT come from the staff discord; no I was not intentionally lying, but I'll own up to being wrong here.
In my defense, and to cover my own ass here, they are my own words. Whereas yours were not. Also, tbh, I don't know if it came from the staff discord or not. I'd have to ask J@ck as he was there when I took that snippet.

Update: it did not come from the staff discord :(
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
You guys really ban for r-slur reasons lmao, why tf does a 8 month old staff chat matter? You guys carry yourself with too much self-importance. This isn’t the CIA you weirdos
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(04-29-2021, 08:15 PM)Jammin Wrote: That being said, just like the ban of @"NotRand" from discord, this will be a decision made by the remaining admin team.
Sorry, David. You're fucked.
+1 its almost a year old and the person in the ss  isn't even in the community anymore
[Image: J6yUs0g]