Dinkleberg's GMod
General mod stuff that makes no sense whatsoever - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Suggestions & Help (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: General mod stuff that makes no sense whatsoever (/showthread.php?tid=6470)

Pages: 1 2

General mod stuff that makes no sense whatsoever - Tori - 01-08-2019

I've had quite a few problems with slays and stuff on this server that just don't make any sense. At all.

I recently (thirteen minutes ago) got a slay for a supposed RDM involving a traitor; lumbago(STEAM_0:1:178699048) was standing next to an innocent who had taken a harpoon to the face. Lumbago walked away, did not identify the body. I killed him, and got reported and slain for it. I don't know what I am supposed to do, or what anyone else would do, but I think I made the right judgement (he turned out to be a traitor at the time). The mod at the time was Lycan(STEAM_0:1:67771757).

I've also had problems where I would be killed as a detective, by an innocent, for supposedly calling KOS on them when I was merely asking if they did. Nobody got punished for that, despite it being... you know... not a thing an innocent should do? 

I am confused about why I am being punished for things that seem perfectly logical and other people aren't for actually breaking rules.

RE: General mod stuff that makes no sense whatsoever - happy - 01-08-2019

You posted this in the wrong place friendo you posted this in unban requests you should have posted it in suggestions/help here https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Forum-TTT-Suggestions-Help

RE: General mod stuff that makes no sense whatsoever - lacer - 01-08-2019

On that second one, I was there and I specifically remember you saying "KOS Lycan then"

idk about the 1st one

RE: General mod stuff that makes no sense whatsoever - Tori - 01-08-2019

That second one was split between the mods who sided with Lycan and a few guests who agreed with me that I was asking a question rather than calling a KOS. Either way, isn't it still an innocent killing a detective? I never shot at him either way. He never tried to say otherwise, his only response was to kill me on the spot.

RE: General mod stuff that makes no sense whatsoever - |RAT| xMiiku - 01-08-2019

uwu my twin O.o

I am also Tori

RE: General mod stuff that makes no sense whatsoever - Dummy Thicc Noodle Lady - 01-08-2019

There is an motd on server as well as the motd on the forums in the Core Section. Usually when someone walks away from an UnID body you can call their name and give them a few moments to ID the body either vocally or through text chat. If they choose not to ID the body and make no movement to ID the body within a few moments you can generally call a KOS or kill them. There is also always a staff member on server so if you feel something is not right ask questions through chat or admin chat. Also if you feel it was an unfair slay there is the Donor/Staff Abuse Reports near the top of the forums. I will edit this post momentarially with a link to both the motd and the reports section(s).
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Forum-Donor-Staff-Abuse-Reports
That is the report section ^
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thread-TTT-Rules
And here's the rules, the main sections for this situation are going to be the susable reasons and kosable reasons which are listed near the bottom.

RE: General mod stuff that makes no sense whatsoever - lacer - 01-08-2019

(01-08-2019, 07:06 PM)Tori Wrote: That second one was split between the mods who sided with Lycan and a few guests who agreed with me that I was asking a question rather than calling a KOS. Either way, isn't it still an innocent killing a detective? I never shot at him either way. He never tried to say otherwise, his only response was to kill me on the spot.

You are allowed to defend yourself from a KOS, no matter who called it, and you clearly said "KOS Lycan then"

RE: General mod stuff that makes no sense whatsoever - IJC Soul - 01-08-2019

(01-08-2019, 08:49 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 07:06 PM)Tori Wrote: That second one was split between the mods who sided with Lycan and a few guests who agreed with me that I was asking a question rather than calling a KOS. Either way, isn't it still an innocent killing a detective? I never shot at him either way. He never tried to say otherwise, his only response was to kill me on the spot.

You are allowed to defend yourself from a KOS, no matter who called it, and you clearly said "KOS Lycan then"

Lycan slayed me for killing a detective who called kos on me though

RE: General mod stuff that makes no sense whatsoever - Yeezy Jeezy - 01-08-2019

(01-08-2019, 09:00 PM)[LFG][MG] Soul Wrote:

Lycan slayed me for killing a detective who called kos on me though

ok

RE: General mod stuff that makes no sense whatsoever - Cosmic Tortoise - 01-09-2019

That brings up a point question.  If someone false kos's you, can you go on a killing spree until you kill the person who kos'd you?  Otherwise everyone is going to be trying to kill you, and you say you can defend against false kos.