Dinkleberg's GMod
Bad Newton Launcher - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Suggestions & Help (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Bad Newton Launcher (/showthread.php?tid=7028)

Bad Newton Launcher - Cespedes - 02-22-2019

Well now it officially broke. The weapon no longer pushes players or props. All it does is 3DMH to the body and 6 DMG to the head.

S/O to C-Dub for letting me abuse him for science.

RE: Bad Newton Launcher - Hello Kitty - 02-22-2019

Yikes, I have tested out this weapon previously and same result occurred. I do believe that a fix for this weapon is required.

RE: Bad Newton Launcher - AzunaRiceBoy - 02-22-2019

Or just removed it in general

RE: Bad Newton Launcher - Cosmic Tortoise - 02-22-2019

Don't forget, the Feb 2019 Gmod patch came out with TTT updated as well. Likely related. Go test the knife to see if it's broke again too.

RE: Bad Newton Launcher - BillyBob - 02-22-2019

rip i thought i was just using it wrong on rooftops

RE: Bad Newton Launcher - MiniMe - 02-22-2019

(02-22-2019, 06:31 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote: Don't forget, the Feb 2019 Gmod patch came out with TTT updated as well.  Likely related.  Go test the knife to see if it's broke again too.

The only breaking of the knife is when the server itself is updated and reverts to previous version of the server. Gmod updating won't have any effect on the knife unless it breaks the server in general

RE: Bad Newton Launcher - lacer - 02-22-2019

(02-22-2019, 06:31 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote: Don't forget, the Feb 2019 Gmod patch came out with TTT updated as well.  Likely related.  Go test the knife to see if it's broke again too.

Pro tip

The Newton Launcher was broken before this. 

Knife's not broken either, I've still been stabbed in the foot plenty of times since the update came out

RE: Bad Newton Launcher - Cespedes - 02-22-2019

(02-22-2019, 09:02 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:

Pro tip

Knife's not broken either, I've still been stabbed in the foot plenty of times since the update came out

Although the newton launcher was not powerful on players, it still pushed them slightly. It DEFINITELY was able to launch props at a speed which can skill a player. 

Now it’s not doing neither.

RE: Bad Newton Launcher - lacer - 02-22-2019

(02-22-2019, 09:40 PM)Mr.Potato Wrote:

Pro tip

Although the newton launcher was not powerful on players, it still pushed them slightly. It DEFINITELY was able to launch props at a speed which can skill a player. 

I beg to differ. Before this update, I saw the launcher not able to push a prop even in the slighest, let alone a person.

For instance, rooftops. I was an inno on top of the "twin towers" and was hit by a newton launcher. I didn't move even a half-inch, then turned around and killed the person with the launcher.

RE: Bad Newton Launcher - BillyBob - 02-22-2019

(02-22-2019, 09:58 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(02-22-2019, 09:40 PM)Mr.Potato Wrote:

Pro tip

I beg to differ. Before this update, I saw the launcher not able to push a prop even in the slighest, let alone a person.

For instance, rooftops. I was an inno on top of the "twin towers" and was hit by a newton launcher. I didn't move even a half-inch, then turned around and killed the person with the launcher.
You just answered the problem you're speaking about. The Launcher is designed for it to forcibly launch players with relative ease to falling to their death. Not gonna argue about what update broke it, but it's certainly broken.