Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Newton Launcher
Well now it officially broke. The weapon no longer pushes players or props. All it does is 3DMH to the body and 6 DMG to the head.

S/O to C-Dub for letting me abuse him for science.

[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
Yikes, I have tested out this weapon previously and same result occurred. I do believe that a fix for this weapon is required.
Or just removed it in general
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
Don't forget, the Feb 2019 Gmod patch came out with TTT updated as well. Likely related. Go test the knife to see if it's broke again too.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
rip i thought i was just using it wrong on rooftops
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
(02-22-2019, 06:31 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote: Don't forget, the Feb 2019 Gmod patch came out with TTT updated as well.  Likely related.  Go test the knife to see if it's broke again too.

The only breaking of the knife is when the server itself is updated and reverts to previous version of the server. Gmod updating won't have any effect on the knife unless it breaks the server in general
(02-22-2019, 06:31 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote: Don't forget, the Feb 2019 Gmod patch came out with TTT updated as well.  Likely related.  Go test the knife to see if it's broke again too.

Pro tip

The Newton Launcher was broken before this. 

Knife's not broken either, I've still been stabbed in the foot plenty of times since the update came out
(02-22-2019, 09:02 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:

Pro tip

Knife's not broken either, I've still been stabbed in the foot plenty of times since the update came out

Although the newton launcher was not powerful on players, it still pushed them slightly. It DEFINITELY was able to launch props at a speed which can skill a player. 

Now it’s not doing neither.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
(02-22-2019, 09:40 PM)Mr.Potato Wrote:

Pro tip

Although the newton launcher was not powerful on players, it still pushed them slightly. It DEFINITELY was able to launch props at a speed which can skill a player. 

I beg to differ. Before this update, I saw the launcher not able to push a prop even in the slighest, let alone a person.

For instance, rooftops. I was an inno on top of the "twin towers" and was hit by a newton launcher. I didn't move even a half-inch, then turned around and killed the person with the launcher.
(02-22-2019, 09:58 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(02-22-2019, 09:40 PM)Mr.Potato Wrote:

Pro tip

I beg to differ. Before this update, I saw the launcher not able to push a prop even in the slighest, let alone a person.

For instance, rooftops. I was an inno on top of the "twin towers" and was hit by a newton launcher. I didn't move even a half-inch, then turned around and killed the person with the launcher.
You just answered the problem you're speaking about. The Launcher is designed for it to forcibly launch players with relative ease to falling to their death. Not gonna argue about what update broke it, but it's certainly broken.
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]