Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing Staff Transparency In The Community
arguing arguing

To address transparency, I don't like black boxes. That's a big reason I like this community, the userbase can involve themselves in just about every aspect of the server "politics", anything from who gets promoted to moderator, to what guns get nerfed and buffed, to who gets unbanned for what and why. A big reason this happens so freely through the forums is because knowledge regarding the inner workings of the community is very open, which is a big contrast to other communities. We know who runs things like staff applications up the line (or at least we used to), we know who handles bans and unbans, who handles the guns and the map rotation, etc. Someone made a joke that the forums are "gamer congress", and while it's pretty stupid looking in from the outside, I think it's pretty awesome.

aaand then you get to things like committees.. it used to be the admins and active moderators got together in a little pow wow to discuss open staff applications, unban requests, and the like, and depending on what the consensus was, you either denied it or went through with it. When I was admin with Starky, when someone applied with staff, you'd just scoop up a couple of active moderators, or sometimes players, into a steam group chat, discuss some pros and cons, and the decision was done and over.

The committee system is like that, but it's.. kinda weird. The active committee member list hasn't been updated in months. Who's on the committee still? Who's still eligible to be on the committee in the first place? Why can't we see the outcome of the votes? It just sort of.. happens behind a veil. Obviously sensitive information shouldn't be shared, but not being able to see what's going on is frustrating.

Obviously if I was actually a part of the staff team I would have a better understanding, but hey, regular player perspective. I would personally like to see who voted on something from the committee, what their vote was, and why.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing Staff Transparency In The Community - by RussEfarmer - 03-08-2021, 11:17 PM