Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing Staff Transparency In The Community
I have several long winded thoughts on the various topics, but the key points are:

Have you seen how hard it is to demote someone? Moderating, doing your job, is not a way to get demoted. Fucking around with powers usually is but well... that doesn’t happen often I guess. But my point is if you get a position to moderate but don’t do it out of fear of losing the position, then why did you get it and/or stay?

I really don’t get why *now* anything is being said after it was addressed and stopped. Ripping up past conversations is always a touchy line but nowadays a popular trend. There’s some function to doing so to point out where a position of power was abused because of some belief of inequality, but if the admin told them to fuck off with it and they did then what are you trying to accomplish?

Staff leaks happens constantly. The amount of old staff that get things after resigning might surprise you. The problem comes when certain staff leak chats to cause drama, which deserves a demotion when caught. It’s one thing to bring something important that actually is being covered up that needs to be handled immediately, which again is touchy already since the community will likely just riot and several members will just target whoever was “exposed”. Or if the situation has one the community will even jump the victim - welcome to the internet. So what’s the end goal here again?

Openly showing who voted what will accomplish little to nothing for transparency. Again, end goal? I suppose you’ll weed through a bunch of staff by having the community jump down their throats for having an opinion, but then I thought we ban for that (not sorry, that shouldn’t have happened). Don’t advocate for bad staff, report things when they happen to whoever needs to see it, become staff if you think you can do better. Staff can report staff, a wild concept but we’ve kicked out anything from guests to moderators.

Maybe I’ll update later idk I’m at work

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing Staff Transparency In The Community - by Matt_St3 (Strongrule) - 03-09-2021, 12:06 PM