Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sincere Apologies
As one of the people who was a bit appalled by some of your past comments and profile picture, I do appreciate you writing this apology thread.

In this community and in everyday life, it seems like people are becoming more pigheaded, unreasonably stubborn, and fixed in their opinions. And yes, those players with 35 warns for micspam or slurs come to mind. Try as I might to be open to contrary views, I too often find myself guilty of being unreasonable and inflexible.

In writing this thread, you did not give a simple and insincere apology. Rather, in this expression of regrets, you genuinely appear to be remorseful. You have recognized that you made mistakes in posting offensive comments in the staff chat and in not considering the alternative meaning of the symbols that were present in your profile picture. This demonstrates to me that you are willing to try to learn and understand the effects that your actions might have on others. And that consideration for others is simply empathy, which seems to be all too missing in this day and age.

I have long appreciated your presence in the community, Raider. I do enjoy having a fellow history buff, strategy game enthusiast (I wish you had explained the War of Rights reasoning for the profile picture beforehand - that would have definitely helped me understand), and neighbor to staff and play alongside. While these past actions did admittedly damage my opinion of you, this post helps balance things back out. The characteristics that you have illustrated in your writing strengthen my opinion of you both as a person and a staff member.

Thank you for making this apology.

Messages In This Thread
Sincere Apologies - by Raider Hanks - 04-06-2021, 09:37 AM
RE: Sincere Apologies - by David - 04-06-2021, 09:48 AM
RE: Sincere Apologies - by Jaerixon - 04-06-2021, 10:07 AM
RE: Sincere Apologies - by Matt_St3 (Strongrule) - 04-06-2021, 10:41 AM
RE: Sincere Apologies - by Mana - 04-06-2021, 12:01 PM
RE: Sincere Apologies - by Laced Xanax - 04-06-2021, 12:30 PM
RE: Sincere Apologies - by Battons - 04-06-2021, 05:43 PM
RE: Sincere Apologies - by JesseTheUndeadCowboy - 04-06-2021, 07:12 PM
RE: Sincere Apologies - by Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca De La Ley - 04-14-2021, 11:18 AM
RE: Sincere Apologies - by Laced Xanax - 04-14-2021, 02:46 PM