Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Option on the Vending Machine
@Ryzif and @"Ryuji Sakamoto" , thank you both for your thoughtful replies.  Since you both touched on some of the same topics, I figure I can answer you both at the same time (for conciseness reasons).

Dealing with the VC:
I absolutely do need to learn how to deal with the VC.  Over the past month and a half, I've been closely watching how staff online approach different situations in the VC.  Every staff member has their own particular flair, but the current staff do a great job following the guidelines.  I've read over the staffing guidelines multiple times, as Ryzif said, they are quite nuanced.  If promoted to staff, I plan to keep the staff guidelines open on my second monitor while I play so that I may quickly reference them.  Additionally, I have zero issues uploading small videos in order to ask higher staff if the way I handled a situation was correct. 

Confidentiality:
I live by the idea that if I expect trust and respect from you, then you're getting both from me.  You have my word nothing from the staff chat will leave the staff chat by my hand.
I have a lot of friends in the community, but if they are actually my friends, they won't ask me for information they know I can't give.  If they do ask, then are they really my friends?
Having read through some of the past forum threads dealing with sensitive matters, it's clear that a lot goes on behind the scenes to keep this community running and, most importantly, safe.
If a friend gets mad at me for not divulging information that is staff only, then that's their problem and not mine.
I would also be happy to discuss with staff via discord DMs about the confidentiality agreements I'm bound by for my past/current work if additional character tests are required.

Life outside of staffing:
This is a point that Ryuji brought up that I think is very interesting.  It's important to recognize when it's time to take a break.  Should I need a break, I will notify staff of the start and expected end of the break.  However, I don't expect any break would be longer than a few days.  I really enjoy PH.

Again, thank you both for your replies.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Staff Option on the Vending Machine - by I EAT HAMSTERS - 09-04-2021, 09:33 AM
RE: Staff Option on the Vending Machine - by reinaberg - 09-05-2021, 07:37 PM
RE: Staff Option on the Vending Machine - by dong - 09-16-2021, 09:21 AM