Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Option on the Vending Machine
Before I give my answer, I will reference a few points you make. 

"I will be vocal (respectfully) about what changes I believe need to be made (if they need to be made).  I have zero problems expressing my opinion about rules, rulings, and the conduct of anyone (regardless of rank on the server)." 

With this statement, I feel you already have some idea's or changes in mind. Why haven't you built a thread about them as to get community input on things? (I do see that you talk about sending DM's to staff about ideas)

Q: “Why do you rarely use the VC?”
A: When concentrating, I can type at 70+ wpm.  When staff are not online, the VC is usually people talking over each other, and I’d rather not add to the chaos.  Typing allows the lobby to read what I say without it being garbled by someone singing over their microphone.

As a Staff member you are the final say on things in server. Just typing things can create more chaos due to people that don't read chat. It's best to do a combo of text and voice. Being able to type fast is irrelevant really, as the ability to bind keys is fairly common knowledge.

Q: “You have been critical of staff on the forums before.  Have you tried reaching out to staff privately to address comments/concerns?”
A: Yes, I’ve sent suggestions/questions to staff via Discord DMs in the past.  As I’ve stated above, if I see what I believe to be are double standards, hypocritical conduct, uneven application of rules, rules that I believe need to be changed, etc, then I will speak up.  Of course, once consensus is reached amongst staff members, I’ll default to the group consensus even if my opinion is the minority.  The benefit of being staff would be I can voice my concerns in the staff chat.

What kind of changes are you wanting to make or adjust? I'm curious of your vision/perspective. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Staff Option on the Vending Machine - by The Triangle - 09-04-2021, 10:44 PM
RE: Staff Option on the Vending Machine - by reinaberg - 09-05-2021, 07:37 PM
RE: Staff Option on the Vending Machine - by dong - 09-16-2021, 09:21 AM