Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Option on the Vending Machine
@Mother Nuru., thanks for the encouraging reply! I regret that I didn't discover PH until this year because so many people have come and gone from Dinks.

Stress management is something I'm very familiar with since I have quite a bit of teaching experience.  I coached swim team for 4 years, completed two teaching internships, and I've taught multiple freshman undergrad classes (fondly called "Tall Toddlers" by some of the lecturers).  I have no problem admitting that I will be the "rookie" for staff and will need coaching.

I will grant you that I can be hardheaded, but I'm always open to changing my view on different ideas.  If I provide solution A, but someone else likes solution B better, then I'm open to adopting solution B after discussing the pros/cons of both ideas.  The research group I'm a part of frequently disagrees on approaches, and it's honestly improves the end result because more ideas are explored.  Staff are part of a team.  Not everyone needs to be friends with each other, and it's okay to frequently disagree with each other.  However, constructive discussion of ideas is the cornerstone of good team dynamics.  As such, I'll hear anyone out if they disagree with me.

...my best approach is to joke with the trolls(remember light joking, dont encourage things worse) and get them to simmer(unless they're pretty bad) and then change topics.

This is actually a very good approach, thanks for the suggestion!  It will take time, but I think I'll get the hang of handling the VC with guidance from past/present staff.
Say hi to your hamster (Hammy right?) for me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Staff Option on the Vending Machine - by I EAT HAMSTERS - 09-05-2021, 06:08 PM
RE: Staff Option on the Vending Machine - by reinaberg - 09-05-2021, 07:37 PM
RE: Staff Option on the Vending Machine - by dong - 09-16-2021, 09:21 AM