Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harassment With Staff Present
Hi Kaiwan and the rest of the community,

I will provide evidence and context into this situation and hopefully fix a misunderstanding and correct some things but also provide my own statement to this issue and apologize. Note: Don't mind the background noise as I was trying to find queue's, eat chips, and skim through discord.

Evidence 1: https://youtu.be/1yfIFRIb_Us | Evidence 2: https://youtu.be/xzpJvrxpYg0
At around 5:00, we see that a player name PTK slurs against Kaiwan and Kaiwan then states to us, once in admin chat and no statements in vc, about PTK slurring. 12 seconds after, fanta states the text about Kaiwan to which I see what he stated but then I try to first take care of PTK slurring first since I didn't know Epicguy would handle the warn. I lose my train of thought trying to focus on PTK first and checking the scoreboard then Epicguy states "is t-word a slur?" while I am pming Kaiwan on who said it. I then kill bind to stop my recording and check my video since I did not catch what he said and needed to take a look on my recording which leads to evidence 2.

This takes place 2-5 seconds after evidence 1.
At 0:08 I then use admin chat and say, "not sure if tranny is a slur... i've heard debate over it," to which Epicguy then warns PTK for the slur. I then focus my attention to caribou's report while talking to some of the people, not paying much attention to text chat or vc or even sometimes tabbed out.
From that point on until 8:27, Kaiwan then states what fanta put in chat.
Epicguy states which report at around 8:34 of which report I was talking about. I notice the statement Kaiwan put in the admin chat and I should've acted upon this the moment it came up yet I focused on the reports instead and I assumed that maybe Epicguy or chibill would warn them for such. I was also debating whether or not that would be harassment since I tend to question some actions of whether or not that is warnable. I take the fault for this issue as I shouldn't have assumed but rather acted on this case yet I failed to.
At 8:53, Epicguy states, "why can't people be normal," to which I said, "no one is normal on the server." I then get distracted by my T round and gameplay in general to which it slips through my mind of taking care of the situation and it doesn't come up again. Again, that is my fault that I didn't prioritize the situation and handle it accordingly as I got distracted and did not intend to ignore it or brush it off. I apologize for this and for failing to settle the situation down and will take some time to pay more attention to others actions AND prioritize more serious situations that need to be handled.

Evidence 3: https://youtu.be/ODJ5uXaA-eg
This takes place after mc_dolls on a different map which I can't remember.

During this whole map rotation, I had no incite on screenshot 4 as I was alive during whatever round it was so I had no idea that statement was said by fanta. This was ( I assume since me, fanta, and Kaiwan weren't dead at the same time nor was it brought up in admin chat about the other statement said) in round 6. If you feel the need to watch the full video, be my guest, it's 22 mins long but there was no statement that I saw on my end.

Screenshots:
As for the screenshots provided by Kaiwan, screenshot 1 & 3 is what should've been the end of the harassment but I did not do what was expected and did not end it as I should have. Screenshot 2 is not known and is new evidence into what Kaiwan was dealing with during the map of mc_dolls. Screenshot 4 is also not known as I was alive during that time and had no insight as to what was going on. Screenshot 5 is the last one that is not known as well as I got off before Kaiwan took screenshot 5.

Overall:
I fully take responsibility for not committing and finishing what was a terrible and disgusting type of harassment from fanta. I should have done what was needed and yet I did not. I am sorry to Kaiwan for not doing what a staff member should have done and preventing this and I'm sorry to the rest of the people in TTT for letting this continue on. I am fully aware that I will need to learn more and take time to go through the rules and guidelines and even pay more strict attention to what is being said in both text and VC. If you have any statement or questions, feel free to add to this and provide criticisms that are needed to work on. Thank you Kaiwan for providing this thread and pointing out a major issue that is needed to be and should be dealt with more seriously. I know that EpicGuy and chibill would not let this slip and I know they are good community and staff members that genuinely didn't see these or mistook this incident and I hope that we can all learn from this and help be more proactive against these types of things and I know they will do good. I will work on what is needed and I hope that this can be further fleshed out for everyone and understood. Thank you once again. 

-slater

Messages In This Thread
Harassment With Staff Present - by Kaiwan - 10-25-2022, 12:29 PM
RE: Harassment With Staff Present - by ryan - 10-25-2022, 12:55 PM
RE: Harassment With Staff Present - by Gabe - 10-25-2022, 01:10 PM
RE: Harassment With Staff Present - by coco?? - 10-25-2022, 01:27 PM
RE: Harassment With Staff Present - by VICE - 10-25-2022, 01:27 PM
RE: Harassment With Staff Present - by chibill - 10-25-2022, 01:40 PM
RE: Harassment With Staff Present - by Ryan722 - 10-25-2022, 01:29 PM
RE: Harassment With Staff Present - by Jammin - 10-25-2022, 01:34 PM
RE: Harassment With Staff Present - by Kaiwan - 10-25-2022, 01:37 PM
RE: Harassment With Staff Present - by slater - 10-25-2022, 01:52 PM