Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consistency/Severity of Punishment
(10-26-2022, 04:58 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I've been saying the punishment scale for things is screwed up for years at this point, and yeah it's improved but it's still pretty stupid. Ranking on how easy it is to be banned, the most severe infraction on this server is mass RDM, which is an instant permaban... meanwhile to get a permaban breaking other rules, I would have to get warned for harassing someone four times, saying a racial slur eight times, making a pedophilia joke four times or threaten to leak someone's home address three times (key word, get warned for, and as we've seen recently, not all staff pay attention.) Obviously a good moderator will probably know to ban earlier/later for some of these things, but based on the staff guidelines alone, that's pretty dumb

I do think the warning system we have is pretty good I did not mention the in-between bans you need to actually get to the permaban, but compared to the instant ban clauses we have in our rules still, mainly for mass RDM and RDM and leave, what
Hi, resident Admin here. Let me elaborate on this more.

Let us be real, if someone mass rdm's and post an unban appeal, 9/10 it's going to be unbanned immediately if someone is genuinely new or sincere. On the other hand, if someone harasses other individuals consistently or slurs multiple times, they will face much harsher judgment. What's great about the new warning system is that EVERY WARNING counts. Those warnings stay on until the allotted expiration time and if you are constantly being warned, you WILL be banned fast.

The new warning structure was created with mercy in mind. If you harass someone, you get 1 chance to do better. If you don't, banned for 3-days. Come back and do it again? 1-week ban. Do it again, perma. An unban appeal on something like this will come with much more scrutiny. 

No system will be perfect but, if we can give chances for others to be better, we should. If they continually abuse that chance, they will be gone for a long time/for good.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Foxka - 10-26-2022, 04:34 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 04:47 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 05:33 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Spookybrr - 10-26-2022, 05:29 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Salty - 10-26-2022, 05:50 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 06:27 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Salty - 10-26-2022, 06:51 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 06:53 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 09:26 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by icey - 10-26-2022, 11:12 PM