Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consistency/Severity of Punishment
(10-26-2022, 07:04 PM)Kaiwan Wrote:
(10-26-2022, 06:51 PM)Salty Wrote: I was not made aware that there were deleted forum posts. See, that puts some things in perspective and then THAT should warrant an extended ban perhaps.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Mr. Shwaggins. Appreciate your professionalism with your response as well!

I was also not aware of this. I remember seeing a reply from him on my report, but it was quickly hit with mass downvotes and got deleted due to what was said. 
If there was anything besides this I'd be interested in knowing exactly what it is. 

Besides that, I wanna reiterate what I said in that post. I wasn't trying to blame staff or call them out for what happened. It was more of an awareness post than anything.
I don't think the punishment system itself is a problem, or the severity (or lack of) in bans. The new points system is miles ahead of what we had before. Fanta has a week to reconsider his behavior, and if he decides to come back without changing the way he acts then he'll be dealt with then. Do I want him banned for longer? Yes, absolutely. Like Coco said though, if you leave it up to the victims they'll let their feelings affect their judgement.
Yeah, the forums posts were quickly deleted because they made no contribution to the thread but they were very transphobic. I wouldn’t want to leave the punishment entirely up to the victims either but I think the input should a valuable contribution to the formation of a final decision.

And as for my post here it’s definitely good for me to reiterate that while this incident is the trigger for the consideration it’s good to have a discussion to see how we can adapt it to the worst case scenarios and where it both succeeds and falls short in those cases

On a side note, I’m very proud of how everyone here has been able to civilly and maturely discuss this. A few years ago I could have seen this devolving into chaos and bickering. Maybe part of it’s because the community as a whole has matured with many members getting older but I can tell there’s been a huge “cultural” improvement since my time away from the community
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Foxka - 10-26-2022, 04:34 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 04:47 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 05:33 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Salty - 10-26-2022, 05:50 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 06:27 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Salty - 10-26-2022, 06:51 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Dildo Shwaggins - 10-26-2022, 07:08 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 06:53 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 09:26 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by icey - 10-26-2022, 11:12 PM