Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consistency/Severity of Punishment
(10-26-2022, 10:25 PM)ToyShop Wrote: I think that with the most recent situation it’s clear that more needs to be done to prevent this kind of thing in the future. I think punishment for this kind of harassment ought’ to be severe. There are many gender diverse members of this community that are inadvertently hurt by those kinds of comments and it has/had nothing to do with the individual targeted. Incidences like this should be treated with the gravity they deserve. I think it’s the staffs responsibility to make an example that this behavior won’t be tolerated. I won’t lie, the sort of things said to Kaiwan in the screenshots she’s shown me make me deeply uncomfortable being a member of this community. I’d strongly advise the moderation team to revise their guidelines for punishment of this behavior in the future, and to reconsider the punishment they’ve already handed to Fanta. I think he owes not just Kaiwan but the greater dinks community an apology for his behavior.
I wish he would do something like apologize but his doubling down on it doesn’t give me faith that he would do so. The antics he pulled on the post before it was closed were also a testament to that. I’m sure he hasn’t said something like that here on this thread because he’s likely forum banned for a bit too

(10-26-2022, 11:12 PM)icey Wrote: " Note to Moderators: Use staff discretion when dealing with different levels of trolling, flaming, harassment and targeting as this is just a general guideline. Please ban fairly and appropriately based on severity. As always, if you need help, contact an Admin."

Everybody agrees that fantas harassment on Kaiwan should not have happened. The staff members have owned up to it and WILL BE BETTER IN THE FUTURE. I just want to clarify that there is not a set punishment for harassment as there are other cases more severe than others. I think fanta should have been perma banned because I think that shit is unacceptable, but please understand that we do take into consideration the severity of what has happened.

I wish I could say that if you guys take your problems to any mod that something will be done about it, but sadly this isn't the case. What I will say is that if you guys don't feel comfortable making a ban request or feel you may be scrutinized against for speaking, know at the very least you can come to me. I will make sure something is done about it. There are many fantastic mods and staff members on this team that will do the same.
A lot of this situation I’m looking at what I would do if I was still staff. This is exactly what we need from staff though Icey so definitely keep it up
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Foxka - 10-26-2022, 04:34 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 04:47 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 05:33 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Salty - 10-26-2022, 05:50 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 06:27 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Salty - 10-26-2022, 06:51 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 06:53 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 09:26 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Dildo Shwaggins - 10-27-2022, 06:37 AM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by icey - 10-26-2022, 11:12 PM