Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career Stuff
Hey everyone. Been a minute since I posted something on here, but I figured I'd get some community input on this one. 
I feel currently stuck in my career, still working retail (I've stepped down several times as part time then regained full time). After speaking with some friends, I decided to study for and take the CompTIA A+ exam. I figured there's a few people here who have experience in this. What are some end goals after this exam? What types of positions should I start researching, and how is the job outlook? Where would I advance from there? I have an idea of the answers to the stuff in my mind, just want to gather some other input. I have doubted myself at times studying for the exam if this is really the right move for me or if I'll ever be able to perform well in a technical support role should I pass the exam and get hired on somewhere.

Just as a background, I am not totally new to the tech field, I dabbled with web stuff back in high school but it's been a long time - 9 years, so totally out of date with that. I decided to get back into the field because I remember how much I enjoyed that, plus it is interesting to me. It also fits my personality (more reserved) and in general has the work schedule I desire. The other careers I have tried in between stints working retail were very social and sales oriented. Worked in 2 hotels (my degree is in Hospitality Management) and also got my real estate license and tried that for a year and a half, but neither really fit my personality, nor do they have the working hours and demand that fit around the life I want to live. Thank you to anyone who has advice for quite a personal problem.
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean

Messages In This Thread
Career Stuff - by City - 01-31-2024, 08:09 PM
RE: Career Stuff - by cum at first sight - 01-31-2024, 08:34 PM
RE: Career Stuff - by City - 02-01-2024, 07:29 PM
RE: Career Stuff - by RussEfarmer - 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
RE: Career Stuff - by Harmless_Potato - 01-31-2024, 09:37 PM
RE: Career Stuff - by Nate - 02-02-2024, 11:36 AM
RE: Career Stuff - by City - 02-02-2024, 07:52 PM