Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brahmas Demotion App.
(04-06-2024, 08:02 PM)bab Wrote: Hi friend, I'm having trouble supporting this as I haven't seen much behavior from you that has benefitted the community positively lately, and as of right now, I have no reason to believe you'd fit in with the staff team.

I have not been entirely active on the TTT server for the past few weeks. However, before then, any time I'd see you on, you'd be getting into all sorts of things and I do remember a few people complaining to me about your immature behavior while playing.

I'm going off your recent behavior elsewhere as I believe that when applying for staff your behavior in all parts of the community should matter, and right now, I do not believe that you've shown improvement in that area or that you are capable of limiting drama, and promoting healthy engagement in the community as you claim. 

For example (and just to be clear, I am not bringing this up to continue the situation in any way, I am using your behavior during the situation as only an example of why I doubt your claim), you recently heavily escalated unneeded drama and further harassment to all parties involved in the Reina and Hoy situation both in the Discord during the conversation, and by posting an unnecessary thread on the forums that only served to continue something that had already begun to settle down.

Also reading this message as I was looking back at the situation, once again, shows a bad example of being able to promote healthy conversations;

[Image: wyoXrwY.png]

Not to mention your recent verbal warning to cut out sexual topics that were making people uncomfortable in the general chat of Discord.

With all of that said, I am -1 on this.

Hi Bab,

To address this, I have already issued an apology for that comment in my original post, tensions were high and I was defending someone who I thought was receiving unwarranted hate from both staff and users. To which it was continually being brought up that because there were women in the conversation that I should quote "take how women interpret my words in stride" instead of presenting valid points about how people weren't being unfair to a user. It is not a common occurrence for me to really issue insults unless I am doing it in good fun to people I am on a personal basis with, or I am being dogpiled by a group of people who refuse to properly engage with me. You can take that as you wish.

Also, for the record, the situation had not deescalated. There was a lack of consequence/understanding between parties that left it in the air, with unacceptable behavior being let slide. There seems to be a bit of a double standard in the regard of "escalation," when it was staff members who decided to escalate the situation to where it had, after numerous extensions by myself and others to try and resolve the situation. I felt this was a situation that needed further comment to reach a proper conclusion that was later reached. Limiting drama is not just about limiting conflict, it is about creating proper resolution to conflict.

As for the verbal warning I received. I brought up eastern religious/meditation practices as a joke to a discord staff member to where they interpreted that as very explicit sexual conduct and then I corrected them. I don't think that was really something I should of gotten warned for but regardless it was verbal and the conversation was well beyond over and I didn't care to argue about it. I don't really think either of these things are something that can be used against my character but feel free to correct me.

Messages In This Thread
Brahmas Demotion App. - by Brandeaux - 04-05-2024, 06:57 PM
RE: Brahmas Demotion App. - by Foxka - 04-05-2024, 07:16 PM
RE: Brahmas Demotion App. - by Saylor Twift - 04-05-2024, 08:01 PM
RE: Brahmas Demotion App. - by Brahma - 04-05-2024, 10:31 PM
RE: Brahmas Demotion App. - by caribou - 04-06-2024, 04:48 PM
RE: Brahmas Demotion App. - by bab - 04-06-2024, 08:02 PM
RE: Brahmas Demotion App. - by Brandeaux - 04-06-2024, 08:20 PM
RE: Brahmas Demotion App. - by Battons - 04-06-2024, 08:51 PM
RE: Brahmas Demotion App. - by reina - 04-06-2024, 09:55 PM
RE: Brahmas Demotion App. - by Brandeaux - 04-06-2024, 10:17 PM
RE: Brahmas Demotion App. - by reina - 04-06-2024, 10:24 PM