Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Stop Cheaters.
(08-12-2017, 04:12 PM)Setro Wrote: I honestly can't believe someone made an "anti-cheat" where opening the console would ban you. Console is used for a variety of things other than executing lua script, such as binding keys, changing settings you are unable to change in the options menu, debugging (not so much for everyone), etc. I find it absurdly idiotic that someone would make a script that prevents you from, and/or bans you, from using console as console is *built into the game*. You can /even/ run scripts without using console by putting them in your autorun file.

I believe sv_allowcslua is disabled by default for obvious reasons. And even so, you can /still/ execute lua scripts by injecting a bypasser DLL into your game (yeah, I used to hack on other servers). There are other good anti-cheats including the one we have that tells you what commands/tables the person has in their game (and tells admins if one of them isn't in the game by default, kind of a red flag), one that bans you if you execute any client-side script, one that bans you for bypassing sv_allowcslua, etc.

tl;dr: Anti-cheats that ban you for using console are retarded, changing sv_allowcslua barely fixes the problem due to injected bypassers that set this value to 1 for your game.

Well i remeber trying to open the console would slap me, And after doing it 3 times i got the rank cheater and Flew up into the sky.

Messages In This Thread
How to Stop Cheaters. - by Slash Element - 08-03-2017, 03:47 PM
RE: How to Stop Cheaters. - by Setro - 08-12-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: How to Stop Cheaters. - by Slash Element - 08-12-2017, 07:04 PM
RE: How to Stop Cheaters. - by SusAF - 08-12-2017, 09:53 PM
RE: How to Stop Cheaters. - by Lex - 08-13-2017, 07:00 PM