Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incredibly Hostile & Possibly Abusive Trial Mod
(08-14-2017, 12:10 PM)ECHtoplasm Wrote: Also, don't want to spam with reports so I'll just leave a comment on this existing one:
Same map, same mod, different instance of possible abuse.

There was a guy named Kirito who killed Jerald in a previous round, saying that he saw him pick up a T knife and that it was a KOS'able offense. I'm not sure if it is or isn't, this interaction didn't involve me, but Jerald slayed Kirito for RDM and accused him of ghosting, and it seems like he may have done it just because he was mad about getting killed. Like I said, this one didn't involve me, but I did record it (I started keeping demos after Jerald said that he was recording everything).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DkOcgqrJ9Q

Generally staff members should not be doing their own reports, unless they are the only staff member on. I suspect Everyjuan was AFK (only other staff member on, in spectator), so Jerald was alone. However, in my belief, a staff member should not be slaying for when they get personally RDMed, unless it's an extremely obvious case of RDM. An extremely obvious case would be if you get shotgun blasted in the face within the first 15 seconds of the game. A contentious and heavily disputed presence of a knife killing would not be an obvious case. With both sides arguing back and forth about it, I believe that the staff member should be the bigger person and drop the issue and accept what may or may not have been an RDM with them as a victim. As a staff member, we have to offer the server some sacrifices, and sometimes vindicating ones claims is that sacrifice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Incredibly Hostile & Possibly Abusive Trial Mod - by Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca De La Ley - 08-14-2017, 12:52 PM