Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observation/Criticism of Ban Appeal Replies
(12-18-2017, 08:40 PM)A Fish Wrote: In the end   its just a game server.   it has a large amount of people with varying degree's of ages, maturity and experience
Ive been running and making sevrers for 20 years.   I'm like the old fart here that lectures people to get off his lawn.

Ive done the "strictly professional"   community before    and its not something you can just DO    everyone has to be ready for it

We treated each person like a paying customer    like an MMO like WoW   i ran the place like a business.

Its something easier to do when you start from scratch with people that are in agreement and willing to participate in that manor
But you cannot convert a server to something it wasnt like that  and wasnt intended to be like that overnight.
I mean  look at the name of the server,  Its a meme.  Its not VALVE  or IGN  or BLIZZARD.    its a stupid fucking kids show we watched when we grew up.

It requires alot more then jusrt willingness.   The reward / work factor is a bid deal.   these guys handle bullshit reports all day and night.
Its unrewarding   and its work.   you get harassed and pushed around all day.

When i say the staff here need an fatigue outlet    i seriously mean it.    We lack rewards for hard work.
THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF IT.

I dont know what to say because its gmod or ttt.   its not like a rpg server or minecraft where i can reward the hard workers with something.

Even PS2 points only go so far    i mean   admins can already have everything because... honestly... commands,    and mods already have most of the stuff because of their long play times
Theres not much to work towards.   the ranks lower then tmod show slightly more restraint because they are either scared or are trying to get moderator.   i mean thats at least some kind of goal.   Some dont care because they either straight just dont care or dont want to progress in their rank or feel its unreachable.

If someone can come up with an idea on how to destress our hardworking staff    please give some ideas.

I do respect your experience, but I'm not suggesting you change from a semi-serious TTT server to a serious TTT server overnight. I'm mainly critiquing that basic respect should be mutual and that neither giving petty insults towards an admin or a banned player is the right thing to do. A community's behavior does not change overnight, but people can recognize , forgive, and reconcile differences on their own as individuals fairly quickly off they so choose.

Staff fatigue can be a real problem. I think it' really just a drip from Gmod fatigue. I mean the game is old and feels less adaptive with each passing year. I think that is a different discussion though I see it's relevance here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Observation/Criticism of Ban Appeal Replies - by Austria-Hungary - 12-18-2017, 10:09 PM