Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observation/Criticism of Ban Appeal Replies
(12-18-2017, 10:09 PM)Austria-Hungary Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 08:40 PM)A Fish Wrote: bla bla

I do respect your experience, but I'm not suggesting you change from a semi-serious TTT server to a serious TTT server overnight. I'm mainly critiquing that basic respect should be mutual and that neither giving petty insults towards an admin or a banned player is the right thing to do. A community's behavior does not change overnight, but people can recognize , forgive, and reconcile differences on their own as individuals fairly quickly off they so choose.

Staff fatigue can be a real problem. I think it' really just a drip from Gmod fatigue. I mean the game is old and feels less adaptive with each passing year. I think that is a different discussion though I see it's relevance here.

while i have 7 weeks of gmod experience here   gmod for me is actually new.  At one point i actually owned a gmod server that i never even looked at or played on even once.
I'm a genuine business man who only calculates growth and productivity in the monochrome color of green.

I did not know what gmod really was untill a year or 2 ago.   gmod is source and is the same engine as csgo.   
CS Go is old as hell too,   or even team fortress 2.  but its a serious business with all those skins and such.    
Go grab mommys credit card    you need a blue camo gun or some stupid hat.

To me gmod dosn't feel old but the moderator work itself does.   thats why i changed my focus from moderation to development.
I had to do something or i would have left like all the other oldies.  We had some staff that met my requirements for serious promotions.
I dont know how we let people like medic50 or eagle go.    Very upsetting. 

Honestly i cant stand the reports anymore.   Petty arguments over gray area rules.... Dumb Shit.   Unless its a really serious straight forward rdm, they can go fuck off and learn to deal with it.  Sooooo I really dont play now.   I just run the database and make sure the forums are secure.  The Backend sysadmin.

I found a new outlet and put my experience and focus someplace else.

Its not like playing but it lets me be apart of the community    without the burnout   and server administration is a serious carrier even.
and you cant tell me the the admins and co-owners here are not suffering from some serious burn out.
Look at dakody he could have spent all this time on a better hobby like sniffing wolves assholes deep within a forrest.

I get excited when we open new servers   but im not interested in most of them game wise   other then DR    i actually like DR but it needs more people
Zombie survival would kick ass too.   I would play that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Observation/Criticism of Ban Appeal Replies - by A Fish - 12-18-2017, 11:05 PM