Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tell me about your trips to other countries!
For the past 8 years, I've lived in Texas. Specifically, South Texas. When I'm back at home, I live about 15 miles from the Mexican border. Most things in Mexico are cheaper than in the United States, so I'm used to going over the border with my mother and her parents. We get medical care, prescriptions, clothing, and sometimes just a bite to eat when we cross over. It's not as dangerous as the media likes to claim. Something for you to consider though, as I learned in Nuevo Laredo, is always be vigilant of your surroundings. If something feels strange, leave. Also, DO NOT DRINK THE WATER, unless you look it up to see if it's safe first.

My paternal grandparents, on the other hand, are rich. Instead of sending me money, they take me on fancy trips to different countries.

In 2013, I went to the Caribbean with them and saw a few island nations and coastal Mexico. Not bad.

2015 I went with them to Germany, Hungary, and Austria on a river cruise. We stopped at each port for about a day. Really not long enough to take everything in. Very friendly people in each country. I would definitely recommend.

2016 we went to Italy, Croatia, Montenegro, Greece, and Southern France on a 12 day cruise. Not as nice as the river cruise. People not as friendly. I also fucked up royally and drank the water in Mykonos, Greece. (no i didn't get to party). I ended up sick as a dog for the last 4 days of the cruise and then another 2 weeks back at home. Once again, check the water first.

December 2017 - I went to Paris and London. Worst international trip so far. The people in both cities are truly assholes, especially the Brits.

Advice to you -

Enjoy some movies on the plane ride. Most international flights will have screens on the back of the seats where you can watch some fairly new movies.
Something my grandparents always do is pop some sleeping pills when they get on the flight so they can snooze away for the 10 hr+ flight. If you're cool with putting that kind of stuff in your body, I might suggest that.
Be vigilant and don't get too offended by different cultures. French and Brits are dicks but perhaps it's just their culture. Keep that in mind in Japan. For example, I think that most East Asian countries don't like small talk like us damn Americans.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tell me about your trips to other countries! - by Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca De La Ley - 01-08-2018, 02:25 AM